Status: Comments=Frequent updates

Surviving an Endless War

Settling In

Zacky and the others helped take everyone's possessions inside the house and I showed them where they could stay. Rick insisted that Carl have his own room that way he wouldn't be awaken in the middle of the night by Judith. I gave Rick and Judith the bedroom beside mine and Zacky's; Carol and Michonne took a room beside Payge and Matt's room; Beth and Hershel took a room where they would share a bathroom with Leana and Jimmy; I gave Daryl a room that had its own bathroom that way he wouldn't bitch about having to share and finally Maggie and Glenn took the room next to the stairs and across from Lacey and Johnny's room.

While everyone was getting their things packed away, Payge and I were downstairs making dinner. I grabbed a few canned vegetables and the meat I had gotten off the deer and squirrels. I can really tell that Payge hates to clean the animals I bring back but she does it anyways. Besides it goes way faster when there's 2 people skinning them. The smell of the meat cooking on the hot plate made my stomach grow loudly which made Payge chuckle.

"Do you think everyone will get along here?"

"I'm pretty sure they will. I mean Rick told me earlier when he was introducing me to everyone, that they're only staying long enough to figure out where they can go next but I think we should combine our forces with them. I'm not sure how everyone else will react to that but in my opinion a bigger group means more people can go and hunt, gather supplies, and whenever there's a bunch of those biters our numbers could possibly out do theirs." I explained as I flipped the meat over to the uncooked side.

"You make a damn good point. Maybe you should bring that up to Zacky and he can talk to the others about it."

"I got a better idea. Go gather up everyone from our group and bring them in here. I'm sure I can handle dinner." I said and Payge nodded before leaving the kitchen. A few minutes later everyone was in the kitchen and sitting down at the table.

"Payge said you wanted to talk to us." Matt said as he sat down.

"I was just wanting to know everyone's opinion about letting Rick's group stay permanently."

"We don't even know them. The reason they don't have many people in their group could be because they did something." Michelle said clearly not happy with other people coming into the group.

"Or they could have hit a large crowd of the biters and half of their people were killed. We should all get to know them first before we make any kind of decision but I'm with Blaze. I think we should let them stay on with us and combine our forces. We all would have a better shot against the biters."

"It does make sense but let's wait for a little while and talk with them. Then we can bring the subject up to them." Zacky said adding his input to the situation. I just hope they all take the time to actually talk to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Please tell me what you all think everyone will say about letting Rick's group combine with theirs. I would really like to know what you all think.