Status: Comments=Frequent updates

Surviving an Endless War

Keep Going East

I woke up the next morning laying on my side with Zacky's body close to mine. I looked up at the door and seen Jimmy and Matt had taken their place. I carefully took Zacky's arms off of me and got to my feet. I went over to them with my weapon.

"Have any biters came?" I asked leaning against the window.

"No it's been pretty quiet."

"Good. You know I was thinking last night about where we're going today.'' I said rubbing my cold arms.

"Where?"

"I'll tell everyone when they wake up. I'm going out to my car for a minute." I said leaving them and walking out of the station. I went over my car and popped the trunk open. I grabbed a few things from it before shutting the trunk and going back into the store. I know what I took wouldn't be much of a breakfast but it would have to do. I emptied every can of soup I had brought in into the pot and used the solar powered hotplate to warm it up.

By the time the soup was done, everyone was awake and getting them a bowl. I filled my bowl last and sat down on the counter beside Zacky. I emptied the contents of the bowl into my stomach and sat it down beside me.

"Did you get enough food babe?"

"Yeah but now I gotta talk to the others about where we're heading next." I said jumping down off the counter.

"Guys listen up! We've just about traveled all over the state to find a place safe enough to say in but we haven't. If everyone's with me I think we should leave the state."

"Where are we going to go then?" Payge questioned.

"I was thinking we could head east and try Las Vegas. Maybe there's some kind of place we can hold up in until I figure out what to do next."

"What if we don't find a place?" Michelle asked curiously.

"Then we keep on going east until we find one. There's got to be some place out there that we can hold up in and make a stand." I turned my back towards them and started packing up the hotplate.

"Do you think going to a big city like Las Vegas is a good idea?"

"I don't know Jerry but it's all I can think of right now." I said rubbing my temples.

"We need to think of where we're going if the place isn't safe."

"Where would you suggest?" I asked Jerry.

"From what I've noticed...the biters are more in the cities and going outwards using the interstates and highways like any other person would do. So maybe we should stick to less populated place like the country. Before I came to California, I lived out in the country in Oklahoma so I know all the backroads that lead all over the state."

"Alright. If Las Vegas doesn't pan out for us...we'll head there." I said nodding. Jerry walked away from me and started packing up his things. I handed Zacky the keys to my car after we had gotten everything packed up. He knew the way to Las Vegas and I could really use a break from driving anyways. We all got into our cars and Zacky led them out onto the road and towards Las Vegas, Nevada.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes we had entered into Las Vegas. The sun was very high in the sky making sweat form on my brow. I sat back up and wiped the sweat away before it could burn my eyes.

"Did you have a good nap baby?"

"Yeah. This place is deserted but littered with rotting corpses." I said looking at all the dead people who were too injured to become one of the dead or had bullet wounds to the head. It looked like a damn massacre happened here. Zacky parked the car in front of one of the smaller buildings that stood in the city.

We all got out with our weapons and I followed Zacky inside along with Matt and Brian to checked out the building. The place was relatively cleaned out and nothing was really touched. Once we made sure there were no biters we ushered the others into the building. We set up where we would sleep for the night and maybe a couple of nights if the biters don't come in as a herd. I sat by the door keeping watch as Payge cooked us some food. We really could use some meat instead of eating all these canned stuff. Maybe if we find a place that's next to a wooden area, I can go hunting but I'm going to have to find something that's quieter than a gun. A gun shot in the woods can echo for miles.

"Blaze?" I turned around to Payge and she handed me a bowl of the soup.

"Thanks." I said taking the bowl from her. Payge sat down next to me not eating. I looked over at her and she stared out the window.

"Is there something on your mind?"

"No. Why you ask?" she retorted with a question.

"You're staring out the window and not eating. So spill what's wrong."

"I have something I need you to go get. I wrote it down so it would be easier." she said digging through her pocket and pulling out the piece of paper. I unfolded the small paper and the words shocked me to the bone. I looked at her for comfirmation and she nodded her head.

"Why don't you tell Matt? I'm sure he'll go out and get this for you." I said and she hushed me before looking over at Matt who was still eating.

"I don't want to tell him until I'm sure that I am pregnant."

"If I go alone the others are going to know something is up. I'll take Jerry with me and no one will talk." I said and she nodded. We got up together and I went over to Jerry. I told him to come with me to a pharmacy down the street.

"Do you need me to come with you baby?" Zacky asked picking up his weapon.

"No I think Jerry and I can handle it and don't worry if we see any sign of the biters we will come right back here." he nodded and gave me a quick kiss before Jerry and I left the building and started down the street.

"So why are we going to a pharmacy for? I thought we had enough medicines for everyone."

"My sister needs something and she asked me to go get it." I said and Jerry stopped which made me.

"She's pregnant isn't she?"

"She doesn't know yet." I said and we started walking again.

"Does Matt know?" I shook my head no.

"She won't tell him until she's for sure." I simply stated. Jerry said nothing more about it as we arrived at the pharmacy and went inside. We killed 3 biters and checked the rest of the place but those were the only biters. I went down the isles and grabbed 3 tests and all the vitimans she would need if she were to be pregnant. We left the store and Jerry stopped me and pointed to a huge group of biters that were coming towards the pharmacy. We ran away as fast as we could and into the builing where everyone else were.

"Get your shit together! A herd is coming and we gotta move now!" I yelled as soon a I stepped through the doors. The others scrambled around getting their things packed back into their bags while Jerry and I were shooting them as they came.

"Come on you guys!" Zacky yelled and I got into my car as Jerry got into his truck. We sped through the group of biters taking some of the out but some grabbed at the cars as they went by.

"Where are we going to now?"

"Let's just get out of Vegas first." I said as Zacky drove. The closer we got to getting out of the city the more biters I seen but Zacky kept on going until we made it out of the city and far enough away where the biters would lose interest.

"I don't think we should try cities anymore."

"What do you suggest we do?" Zacky asked glancing over at me before looking back at the road.

"Well...most of them aren't going to like it but we might have to resort to what I did in the service."

"What's that?" he asked curiously.

"We go into the woods and dig in."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Please I would like at least 4 comments before I continue on....Please guys.