Status: Comments=Frequent updates

Surviving an Endless War

Our Journey Together

Since we've left Georgia, our group hasn't seen another living person. It's been nothing but the dead walking the back country roads and the streets in the cities. We've camped out on the ground most of the days but other days we've invaded other people's homes just to find shelter. We've lost so many people along the way. Sophia, T-Dog, Dale, Jim, Amy, Merle, Andrea, my wife Lori, my best friend Shane, Patricia, Jimmy, and Otis. Our remaining members have done their part in keeping everyone safe since we left the prison including the care of my newborn baby daughter Judith. Now we're in Tennessee after trying every state looking for a place to stand our ground from the dead. While Glenn and Maggie are taking the first watch of the day and Daryl is out hunting, I sit here with Hershel holding my daughter in my arms. She's the only innocent one in the whole group. She's not had to take the life of someone who was once living.

"I got us some squirrel. Should do us good for a couple of days." Daryl said when he passed me. I nodded and he continued on to his tent without another word. I looked over towards Hershel and he shook his head. My gaze turned down to my daughter and a smile creeped onto my face. I could hear Carl laughing with Beth. At least he's getting along better than I am. I miss my wife so damn much. For a long time I was having hallucinations about her. I guess I didn't want to believe that she was really dead.

"You're still thinking about her." Hershel said breaking the trance I was in.

"How did you know?"

"Rick I have 2 daughters. I know when someone is missing someone. I see it in Maggie's eyes when Glenn goes off on supply runs with you and Daryl." he said and I chuckled.

"You know a lot about everything don't you Hershel?"

"It comes with age. Rick, I don't believe we're the only ones out here. I'm sure there's someone out there looking for a group to be in. Our numbers will rise one day and I've been praying for that day to come. We just have to take it one day at a time." he explained in all truth.

"Hopefully that day will come sooner than later." I looked around at the people who were left in the group. Carol had moved over to where Carl and Beth were, Maggie and Glenn were still on watch, Daryl busily skinning the squirrel he had killed, and Hershel and I were watching over baby Judith. Please...if there's a God out there, bring us hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know it's short as hell but when they meet up with Blaze's family there will be more chapters involving them. So comments anyone?