Status: Completed <3

Eidolon

Can You See Her? I'm Not Crazy, I See Her...

Can you see her? I can. If I can see her, why can't you?

She's there, I know she is. She's waiting in the darkest corners of my room, waiting for me to drop my guard and crawl under my sheets so she can make her move. I am smarter than her though, I've gotten smarter over the years.

Wait...there...did you see her? She was just there! Why won't you believe me? I'm not crazy, I see her in the corner, right over there. Her hollowed black eyes are fixed on me. She's just staring at me. Look, there she is.

You missed her. Again.

No, I don't know who she is. She's been here since I've been here. I don't know how to get rid of her...I've tried, honestly, I have. She keeps coming back though, like that annoying ex girlfriend that won't leave you alone after a bad breakup.

She's moving closer now.

I pull the sheets up to my neck, burying myself under the covers. I know she's right by my bed now. I can eel her thin fingers, gripping the sheet. She yanks it back and I close my eyes. I don't want to look at her face.

She haunts my nightmares.

She haunts my daily thoughts.

I feel her suffocating me at this very moment.

Her hands are around my throat, her mouth against mine.

I can feel her sucking the life out of me. I don't know exactly who she is or how she got here; all I know is that she wants me to join her on the other side and I'm not ready to die just yet.

Save me.

Someone.

Anyone.

Save me, please.

You didn't.

Now I'm the one in the corner of your room, staring into your soul with hollowed out eyes. Don't worry, you'll join us on the other side, soon. No one will believe you, they'll think you're crazy.