You Said You read Me Like a Book

Chapter Four - Everybody getting kind of crunk

I was walking out of geography class with Tony a couple of minutes after the last bell of the day had rung.
He was filling me in on whatever gossip worthy of knowing, and which girls it was best to stay away from.
Apparently my chat with a girl, who called herself Tay, was a band choice.
“Overly attached” was the label she had been given.

We were walking down the hallway; I was mostly following, seeing I didn’t really know where we were off to.

“What happened to you, Fuentes?” Tony laughed as we passed Vic’s locker; he had an annoyed expression on his face as he tried to stock his math books into his bag.

“I had a nice chat with mister Way about my ‘inappropriate actions’” he sighed with a roll of his eyes
“And how did that go?” Tony continued with a smirk as he leaned against the wall next to him, crossing his arms as if he already knew what had happened.
I was awkwardly positioned between the two of them, trying to make myself smaller.

“Straight to hell of course, seeing it had been mister goody-boy-Quinn’s first time to the principal’s ever. Way seemed to believe him more than me” Vic rolled his eyes as he closed the locker door.

“Sorry dude, was the punishment harsh?” Tony said and threw some of his long hair away from his eyes

“Not to bad to be honest, detention three times a week for two weeks, but all with the lovely Kellin” Vic’s face was lit with annoyment as he spoke

“That sucks, man” I said apologetically, I guess in a way it was sort of my fault that he was stuck in detention with Kellin.

“Tell me about it, but just do me a favor will you?” he asked as he looked at me
“Bring it on” I smirked vaguely; happy he didn’t hate me for not helping him.
“Get revenge on Barakat for me” a smile appeared on his face

“No need Alex, it’s already been taken care of” Mike ruffled my hair as he stood next to me, and I looked up at the amused grin on his face.

“Ditched math class to give him a little wash” he said, clearly proud of himself.
Mike was the youngest; he was also the only junior that would ever make his way into the so-called gang, all because Vic and him had a really close bond.

“Well done bro, I knew I could count on you” Vic laughed as he gave his brother a high five.

“You’re still coming to the party tonight, right?” Tony interrupted as Vic threw his bag over his shoulder
“Hell yeah, but I might be late, seeing I’m grounded for God knows how long” he glared at Mike as a chuckle escaped his lips

“Don’t think about it man, I’ll get Jaime to pick you up between 11 and midnight, call it fashionably late or some shit” Tony laughed as Vic nodded
“Though Jaime driving is like gambling with his life isn’t it?” Mike grinned as he gave Vic a slap on the back
“Fuck off” Vic gave him a soft push as he rolled his eyes

“That sounds like a plan, are you coming as well?” Vic turned to me questioning
“Um… Where?” I asked scratching my left-arm slowly, looking confused over at Tony
“Dawson’s party of course” Mike exclaimed exited with a huge grin on his face

“Oh shit, we forgot to tell you, okay so - Rian Dawson, son of a businessman and a doctor, has a huge ass house and both parents are away this week, a lot of booze and a lot of girls” Vic winked at me as we started walking down the corridor

“It’s Monday,” I blurted out in a state of small shock

Don’t get me wrong; we used to party back home as well, but never during the week unless it was vacations.

“Don’t worry man, just don’t get too drunk” Mike laughed

“Okay then” I shrugged, “why not?”

I was gonna go partying at a stranger’s house with a bunch of people I don’t actually know… Yolo? That’s it, right?

---

A “huge ass house” was really not a decent description of the Dawson’s house. I’d say a villa, borderline castle to be honest - three floors, plus a basement with a soundproof recording studio and an attic with a small personal library and gaming room.
The pool in his backyard was already overflowing with people, mostly girls in way too tight bikinis and bathing suits.

I had decided I’d wait with Jaime for Vic and Mike to sneak out of one of their bedroom windows at around 11:30pm. I felt like I owed it to Vic, and in addition to that, I was sort of hoping on delaying the party as much as I could. Big hoards of strangers tend to scare me a little.

The car ride had been, well, an adrenaline kick, I guess.
Jaime was a shit driver, nothing else would describe him, just absolutely horrible, but only him, Vic and Matt owned a car, so the choices were limited on this one.

We were making our way into the living room by now, or at least I think it was one of the living rooms.
Jaime introducing me to every second person we met, and I had to play cool and pretend I wasn’t slowly freaking out.
We’d lost Mike along the way, I think he was in the corner making out with some chick whose name I didn’t quite catch, cause her words were too slurred and incomprehensible for my sober mind to put into sensible noises.
Vic had disappeared with his girlfriend, Jennifer, to one of the couches in the further back, and Tony was currently hooking up with a girl by the ping-pong table.

“Dude, chill out, go meet some chicks, or at least get a drink” Jaime’s laugh was barely hearable over the loud music blaring through the house’s many speakers
“A drink sounds great” I yelled back, and he nodded with a smile before disappearing towards Oli.

I started making my way towards the kitchen, pushing past dancing people and couples with their fingers a little too intimate for pubic display.
My hands collided with the cold metal of the door handle and I quickly pushed it down and entered the “quiet room” where one could see booze lined up across the counter.

I sighed and filled a cup with whatever I could find; it was a strange mix that I could only describe as awful, but I quickly drowned it before getting myself a refill.

“Aiming to get yourself drunk sweetheart?” I felt a poke from one of my sides and I turned to see Tay from geography class
“Better than having to chat with those people” I mumbled, signing towards the door before drowning another cup.
“Tell me about it, at least 90% of them are just perverted sex freaks” she laughed and poured a cup of punch for herself.

I didn’t really get what Tony had against Tay to be honest, she seemed really cool and funny, and she was hot - at least like really good looking.

“Wanna play a game?” she grinned at me and I hesitantly rose an eyebrow
“Depends on the game” I said and reached for a random bottle on the counter and poured the liquid into my glass.
She grabbed two full bottles of vodka and shoved them in her purse
“Just follow me,” she said with a smirk as she grabbed my hand and pulled me after her
“Can’t wait,” I mumbled back before dropping my cup in a nearby trashcan and letting myself be led upstairs.