Dysphoria

Prologue

Alexander Patterson rubbed his forehead and paced his office. He had to stop and figure a way out of this, because if he didn't his daughters will be the next to die.

Xavier already killed his wife. His darling Milah.

Alexander's two daughters, Grace and Erin, were in extreme danger.

Thinking quickly, he gathered all of his research and shoved it into a suitcase. Grace was away at college in California, so he would pack up Erin and head out west. Alexander opened Erin's door and shook her urgently.

Erin's blue eyes opened and she squinted as he turned the lamp on.

"Daddy?"

"Pack your things. We're leaving."

The nineteen year old sat up and shook her head, still foggy from sleep. "What?"

"We need to go, Erin," Alexander said firmly.

"Go where?"

He didn't respond and simply pulled a suitcase from the top of her closet.

Erin sat up and threw her legs over the side of her bed. She raced around the room and began packing her belongings as quickly as possible. Alexander nodded and left her room to finish packing his own clothes.

He was already standing by the door when Erin came out. She raced down the steps and followed her father to his car.

"We're going to get your sister."