Vivication

chapter 12

The insufferable bell rings. According to my schedule, I don’t have another class till after lunch. Which means I have about 1 hour and 30 minutes to kill. The amount of student’s faces I see is making my head hurt. I’ve so far taught in 4 periods and the number of dumb students I’ve encountered is too many for my two hands to count.

I make my way to the teacher’s lounge. Students—mostly females—greet me as I walk along the halls. They certainly take their time to move to their next class don’t they? Such slacks. I recognize some faces; I believe I have already taught some of them. I analyze the students who greet me and decide whether he or she is a flirt, a slut, a loser, a nerd, an athlete and several more categories. I observe the students around me, I calculate their actions simply by how they look, act and speak.

I take the long route to the teacher’s lounge. I don’t know why, I just did. I look each student in the face. I memorize the faces of all the students I pass, better to know in case I’m out in public. As I near the lounge I assume that I have already memorized most of the student body. I have counted and memorized about 400 or so students, which also happens to be the estimated student population of Golden Fort. I decide to stop memorizing and rest, after all, there’s not much left for me to memorize.

But I can’t find myself to do so.

For some annoying reason, I don’t want to go to the lounge. I feel as if I want to make another trip around school. I feel as if I’m missing something. Ah what the hell, nothing wrong with another school tour right?

It’s my third trip around school now. But I still decide to look around. What am I missing? I’ve practically memorized this school so much that I could literally redraw its blueprint. I feel uneasy. Bothered, even. My face has been scrunched up for quite a while now, like it’s permanently frozen. Whatever it is I’m missing, it’s obviously a big deal.

My thoughts are disturbed however; a student I believe is named Beth calls my attention.

“Principal Morse is looking for you sir,” she peeks at me from below, my rather tall height seems rather inverse to this small girl.

“Oh? I wonder. Get to your class now Beth,” that blasted man is calling for me again. I wonder what mess am I being dragged into this time.

The girl blushes and leaves. Judging from her smile, I seem to have gotten her name right. It was expected though, because I am never wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
he's missing Veronica aw

just in case you guys didn't get it