Status: updates whenever!

Just Another Love Story About Matt

She's A Little Feisty

"Are you really so incompetent as to not bring a pencil on the first day of school?" You say, venom lacing your words.
He flinches.
"No need to be so hostile," he replies, looking hurt.
You begin to feel bad for snapping at him, he is quite adorable, you admit.
"Sorry," you apologize and hand him one of your wooden number two pencils.
"Thanks." He winks, taking the pencil from your hand, his fingers accidentally brush yours.
Static pops between you.
***
The day finally ends, the last bell rings and it takes all of your self control not to sprint to your locker.
You grab all of your stuff and slam the door shut.
"Boo."
You squeal and trip backwards, falling flat on your ass, your books and the contents of your bag strewing across the tile floor.
"Oh shit! I'm sorry, I totally did not expect that to happen."
You look up to see Matt standing above you, a concerned look on his dimpled face. He's looking down at you, his hand out stretched, his beautiful green eyes boring into yours.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
You ignore his offered hand and push your self off the ground, dusting your pants off as Matt picks up your books and belongings.
"I'm fine," you say, taking your books and bag from him. "Can I help you with something?"
"I just wanted to return your pencil," he smiles, his dimples making an appearance. He reaches into his pocket and offers you the pencil.
You take it and shove it into one of your binders.
"Thanks."
"No problem. And I, uh. I didn't catch your name earlier..." He says shyly.
"Y/N."
"Nice to meet you Y/N, see you tomorrow." He tips his hat and turns on his heel, leaving you alone in the hall way with your books and a slightly sore butt cheek.
***
After you come home and eat dinner with your family, you escape to your bedroom to finish your homework.
As a senior and the first day, you don't have much, but it's an excuse to not awkwardly sit on the couch and watch American Idol with your mother.
You spread your books on your bed, then flop down onto your stomach and open your English binder.
The pencil you loaned Matt rolls out onto the purple comforter.
You pick it up and notice there is something carved into it.
It's a phone number.
You roll your eyes and toss it into the trash bin next to your desk.
"Cliche..." You whisper and return to your work.
***
The next morning you flip your blinker on to turn into the schools parking lot, when some asshole pulls out and cuts you off, almost smashing the front of your car.
You roll your window down, shouting a slur of curses and laying on your horn.
You find a parking space, conveniently right next to the ignorant bozo who cut you off. You get out just as they do and begin to rage on them when you notice it's none other than Matt.
"Why good morning Y/N," he says sweetly, his dimples dotting his cheeks.
Today he is wearing a tight, Lamb of God muscle shirt and black jeans, your heart beats wildly when you glance at his pecks and you almost forget about how pissed off you were, until he flashed his blindingly white smile.
"Do you realize that you nearly killed me!?" You shout. He looks a little wounded.
"Sorry about that dear, I just wanted this amazing parking space," he chuckles.
"Bull shit, you're so selfish," you snarl.
"Maybe I just wanted the excuse to talk to you again," he replies, a strange glint in his eyes.
"I seriously doubt that," you say, slamming your car door shut and walking toward the school and away from him, making sure to sway your hips. You look back to see him staring at your ass.
He infuriates you. Only the second day of school and he's already harassing you.
"Y/N wait up!" Matt shouts from behind you.
You walk faster, your heels clicking on the tile floor.
He finally catches up as you're at your locker.
"You never called me last night," he states, looking a little hurt.
"Of course not! I only just met you and don't be offended, but you aren't my type, and to be honest, that little pencil trick was pretty cliche," you reply.
"And why is that?" He asks, raising his eye brows in an insanely cute way.
You don't answer him right away, you just stare into your locker.
You don't know why he isn't your type, because he is. He is everything you could ever want, you're just too stubborn to give him the satisfaction and admit it.
Matt clears his throat, pulling you from your personal thought session.
"I haven't exactly figured that out yet," you say angrily. You slam your locker and stomp away, leaving Matt in the dust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you soooooo so so so much to my 6 recs, 9 subs and lovely commenter HerHarlequinGirl!! I really appreciate it. I kind of just update whenever I feel like it so if I'm absent for a while, shoot me some angry messages or a few comments lol