Status: Let me know what you think, can't wait to see what you think

They Just Can't Understand Us Dear

Nothing Wrong

I sat in their stupid offices all day, they had pulled me out of school for this nonsense. I was only five when I was brought in for questioning.

My father sat directly beside me as the tall fat man spoke, "So, Wrenn... this man is your father right? Jack Napier?" He finished, talking gently and speaking softly, but still loud enough for both me and my father to hear.

"Yes sir," I said, looking at my father as he smiled at me, 'good manners Wrenny' he mouthed to me.

"What was that Mr. Napier?" Asked the man, "I believe you just said something to Wrenn," he said sternly, looking suspiciously at daddy, making me look to him too, seeing him smile a little more at me in a reassuring way.

"I just said 'good manners Wrenny', she always does so good with manners, never is any trouble for anyone," he said, nodding at him and looking around, licking his lips as he'd clearly been struggling to not do for a while, just an old habit of his.

"Right," He said, turning back to me, "you know how daddy looks different, right?" He asked, being careful not to offend me and smiling a bit at the end to make me believe I could trust him. I knew not to get ahead of myself, daddy always told me to never lie, but to only tell the whole truth if I could absolutely trust the person. I saw no real reason to lie to the man, and didn't want to make the police officer angry, so I continued to tell the truth.

"Yes," I nodded.

"How is daddy different?" He asked, looking aver at him.

"His face? His skin is bumpy, he has uh... scars on his mouth?" I said, it came out as more of a question because I wasn't sure if that was what they were talking about.

"How did he get those?" He asked, looking stern and now a bit worried for reasons beyond me.

"Don't you know it's very rude to ask someone about how they look?" I paused, "I don't know how exactly, but I'm sure daddy will tell you, he never lies," I said thoughtfully, thinking of a time that he had said anything untrue to me.

"How did you then, sir," asked the man, raising an eyebrow.

"My father," he said, hushed, as if he didn't want me to hear, I wanted to know though.

"Your father? What happened?" He asked, frowning and creasing his eyebrows.

"Look, I don't see what this has to do with what I'm here for sir... and my daughter shouldn't hear about this anyway," He said, giving me a look that said... well to this day I'm not sure what the look meant.

"Fine, we'll have all the time in the world to talk about it later, anyway, back to Wrenn," the man paused, "Does dad ever leave the house for a long time?"

"No, he's always there when I'm home, even when we get half days, he's there to say, 'How was your day Wrenny?'," I gave them my best impression of my father.

"Right, I'm sorry we've wasted both of your time here, and Ms. W
renn, I'm sorry I've pulled you out of school for this, you two may collect a school excuse from the office and be on your way out," he said, sighing and leaning back in his chair.

That was exactly what we did. We left after we got our school excuse, went home, and had the dinner he promised we'd have before we went to sleep, he tucked me in and went to bed just like any other night.

There was NOTHING wrong with my daddy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, let me know if I should continue, I thank you for reading, and always remember: if nothing else... at least you could eat a rock. (It's a great accomplishment!)