Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Ten: Promises and Investigations

Neymar woke up slightly dazed. He glanced at his phone and groaned when he realised he had slept in a little bit too late. He ran a hand through his messy hair and looked around. Davi wasn't around so he must have been with Della. He trudged to the bathroom and brushed his teeth before pulling on a shirt. He walked downstairs to the kitchen to hear Davi squealing. Neymar walked over to the living room to see Della and Davi watching Frozen. Neymar managed to snag a Portuguese-dubbed copy of the children's movie so that Davi could at least be entertained.

He cleared his throat and both Della and Davi turned around. He knew he made a huge mistake last night agreeing to Bruna's invitation and he wished that they hadn't met up for dinner. He knew that Della was upset with him and he wished she wouldn't put an end to their real relationship. "Morning, pai." Davi grinned. Neymar smiled and pressed a kiss to Davi's forehead, "Bom día." he said, nodding towards Della. "Buenos días." she greeted back before turning to the TV.

"Della, can I talk to you?" he asked. Della bit her lip and played with her fingers. She was avoiding the topic since she didn't know where the conversation would lead to. "Please." he begged. Della sighed and stood up, running a hand through her thick dark brown hair. "In the kitchen. Now." she muttered annoyed before stalking to the kitchen. Neither Neymar or Della wanted to have a big argument - especially not with Davi sitting just a few metres away.

Neymar bit his lip and tugged on his shirt as he looked at Della. "Um, sorry." he muttered sheepishly. Della raised her eyebrows and folded her arms over her chest, "Sorry? Is that all you have to say after ditching me at dinner last night? I was so embarrassed!" she growled. Neymar bit his lip and nodded, knowing he was the one to blame here. "I know. I'm so sorry, Della. I feel awful about it. That was the last of Bruna, I'm never going to see her again. I promise."

Della played with the hem of her shirt as she wondered if Neymar was telling her the truth. She wasn't sure if Neymar was telling the complete truth. She knew that he would always have a special bond with Carolina Dantas, Davi's mother and that he might have some lingering feelings for Bruna. She'd rather break it off with him right here right now than be in a one-sided relationship. "I don't know, Neymar…" she whispered. Neymar watched Della, wondering what her next move was. "Neña…" he mumbled.

Della sighed and ran a hand through her hair in frustration, "What happens when this 9-month contract ends? You're going to go back to your partying ways and you're going to leave me behind. There are way better girls than me, Ney. And I don't want to be the one trying to heal a broken heart after 7 months." She whispered, tears pooling in her eyes. Della's had her fair share of boys and most of her relationships crashed and burned. She's only had one longtime boyfriend and he ended up cheating on her after 11 months of dating - just a week before their one year anniversary.

"You won't be Della," he said, coming closer to her and taking her hands in his. "I'll be there for you even after 9 months. I promise." he whispered. Della sniffled and a tear trailed down her cheek. Neymar frowned and wiped off her tears with his thumb, "Promise?" she whispered. Neymar nodded and cupped her face, "I promise." he whispered back before pressing his lips to hers in a chaste kiss.

-

Bruna Marquezine frowned as she raided the newspapers and magazines for anything fishy on Neymar and Della's relationship. But all she was getting so far were pictures of the couple happily walking hand-in-hand, hugging or kissing. An article even said that Neymar and Della had been dating longer than they told the press and that they were planning a wedding soon. Bruna knew that there was something not right in this relationship and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

"Give it up, Bruna," Bruna's friend, Gabrielle, muttered. "He's with Della now. He's over you." she said. Bruna scoffed and flipped her curly brown hair over her shoulder. She was with Neymar for a little over a year and the two broke up because they couldn't go long distance but up until now - half a year after the break up - she still had feelings for him and she wanted him back. And she wasn't going to let a pretty little singer get in the way of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
a pretty short chapter! i'm having a bit of writer's block now :/ anyway - hope you liked the chapter!!