Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Twelve: Dinner

Neymar sighed and dropped his gym bag by his bed before peaking at the packed suitcases near his wardrobe. He was set to leave for Brazil in two days and he was nervous yet excited. It was going to be his very first World Cup and he was one of the fan favourites and it was going the be held in his country, so you could say he had a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

Just a week before, Barça lost the league title final to Atletico Madrid and a few weeks before that they got kicked out of the Champions League by Atletico Madrid as well and to top it all off, they lost the Copa del Rey final to none other but Real Madrid. Barça hasn't won anything this season, and Neymar hoped that he would at least have a good World Cup to make up for this terrible season. Davi Lucca was already with his mother in Sao Paulo and his house was lonelier than ever.

Glancing at his phone, Neymar saw a text from Della. 'Super bored ! Felix is making me write songs again x' she texted. Neymar chuckled when an idea came to his mind. Maybe talking to Della would take all the nervousness and stress away from his mind, 'Wanna come over? I'm bored too' Neymar replied. A few minutes later, Della replied with a 'sure, i'll be there in 10 mins'

Neymar grinned and ran over to the bathroom and took his shirt off. He already took a shower in the gym so all he needed to do was change and spritz some cologne on. After making sure everything was okay, he went downstairs to check on what he had in the fridge. He grimaced when he saw he only had leftover pizza from the other night and Chinese food that's probably gone bad by now. He had pasta since Fernando told him to start taking care of himself instead of buying takeout every night, but Neymar couldn't cook. The house would burn down.

After staring at his fridge for 5 complete minutes in panic, the doorbell rang. Neymar groaned and ran over to the front door and opened it. Della grinned at him and leaned forward to press a kiss to his lips. She was dressed casually in a plaid button-up and black leggings with dark blue converse and her hair was in a messy bun atop her head while Neymar was wearing a CBF t-shirt and jeans. "Hi." Della greeted Neymar who moved aside to let her into the big house.

"Um, we kinda have a situation here," Neymar murmured, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "What happened?" Della asked, setting her bag down on the couch. Neymar bit his lip, "No food but leftover pizza and uncooked pasta." he murmured. Della chuckled, "Do you have anything else?" she asked. Neymar nodded, "Tomatoes and some other healthy stuff. Tata wanted us to stay fit." Neymar replied. Della laughed and walked over to his kitchen.

"Ney, give an Italian some uncooked pasta and tomatoes and they'll whip up a feast." she told him with a small smirk. She looked through his fridge and took out everything she needed. Both her grandmothers taught her how to cook and it was amazing knowing that she could whip up Spanish or Italian food whenever she wanted with just a few ingredients. Della boiled some water on the stove and took out the spaghetti.

Neymar watched Della in fascination as she got everything ready. It looked completely effortless when she did it but he knew that if he was the one cooking, they'd get food poisoning all that would be left of the house would be a pile of ashes. "Need help?" Neymar finally asked. Della chuckled and nodded, "Sure." she said before telling him what to do with the pasta sauce. After a few more minutes of just laughing and cooking, they put some food on their plates and brought it to the living room since neither of them wanted to have table manners and act proper that night.

"This is delicious." Neymar moaned in delight as he ate the spaghetti. Della smiled at Neymar, "Thanks." she grinned. The two chatted quietly over the sound of the TV when the World Cup came into topic. "I'm really nervous. This is my first World Cup and I guess there's just a lot of pressure on my shoulders. Coach told me he needs me to do well and I really want to." Neymar sighed. Della nodded, knowing that there was a lot of pressure on his shoulders. "Don't worry, you'll do fine." Della reassured him.

Neymar smiled and brought Della into a hug. "Gracias, amor." he grinned. He still didn't know how he got so lucky that Della said yes to him. Neymar brought Della in for a kiss and Della smiled through the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Things started getting more heated and Neymar led Della up to his bedroom.

-

Della opened her eyes and smiled when she remembered the events from last night. Neymar was still asleep beside her and he was snoring lightly. He was laying on his stomach and his arm was around Della's waist. Della gently took his arm off her waist and pulled on his shirt and her underwear. His shirt nearly reached below her knees and it made her giggle. She walked over to his bathroom and rummaged around his cupboard for a spare toothbrush. When she found it, she brushed her teeth and tied her dark hair into a messy bun.

Stifling a yawn, Della walked downstairs to make breakfast for the both of them. Della looked around Neymar's fridge and took out some eggs and bacon. She got the pan from his cupboard and put it on the stove. She started humming a soft tune while cooking when she felt hands wrap around her waist. She jumped and turned around, ready to hit the person upside the head with a skillet when she saw that it was just Neymar.

"Dios mio, Ney. You scared me." Della chuckled. Neymar smirked and kissed the side of Della's head. Della cooked for a little longer before setting the eggs and bacon into two separate plates. Neymar helped set the table and the two ate quietly. "What are your plans for the day?" Neymar asked. Della shook her head, "I'm not doing anything. What about you?" she asked. Neymar shook his head too, "Wanna go out?" he asked. Della grinned and nodded, "Okay." Della grinned as she realised she was spending the whole day with the Brazilian before he left for Brazil.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a small chapter, another one coming soon! xx