Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Fourteen: Family

Della grinned as she saw Davi Lucca running towards her through the massive amounts of people at the São Paulo airport. She dropped down to her knees and embraced him tightly.

"Hola, Davi! How are you?" she asked the little boy. He grinned and told her that he was good before telling her all about his day with the Brazilian national team. After nearly two weeks of not seeing Neymar, Della was finally in Brazil to see him again.

The Italian and Spanish national team had an early exit in the World Cup and she hoped that at least the Brazilian national team would go far. She wanted her boyfriend to be happy.

She turned and saw Neymar walking towards them with a smile. She grinned widely and stood up and hugged Neymar tightly. She closed her eyes and breathed in his familiar scent before pulling away from him and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I missed you." Neymar grinned. Della laughed, "I missed you too." she said. People were starting to recognise Della and Neymar and he didn't want their little moment to be ruined by screaming fans and paparazzi's so he quickly took her bags for her and led her to his car.

Della held Davi's hand in hers and listened as he talked more about his day. She loved listening to the little boy talk about his day. He was adorable and Della loved spending time with him.

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could have dinner with my family tonight?" Neymar suggested as he drove to the hotel. Della tensed up at the mention of his family. She didn't know if they'd like her or not since this was the first they'd meet.

"Relax. They'll definitely love you." Neymar smiled as if he read Della's thoughts. Della just smiled and nodded, not wanting him to sense how nervous she was.

-

"You look great." Neymar grinned as he saw Della in the lobby later on that night. She was dressed in a simple dress and her hair was left flowing down her back in its natural curls. Della thanked him nervously and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Let's go." Neymar smiled before picking Davi up. Della took a deep breath before following the both of them out the door. She really hoped that Neymar's family would like her. Back in school, she learned a bit of Portuguese so she was hoping to dust off her skills and use it tonight.

Neymar chose a small restaurant by the beach that the family used to go to a lot before Neymar moved off to Barcelona. He kept talking about his family in the car, and Della loved how close the whole family seemed.

They reached the restaurant in 20 minutes and got out. Neymar led Della into the restaurant with Davi in his arms and grinned when he saw three people sitting by a table.

Neymar greeted them happily and they talked for a while before Neymar turned and urged for Della. "Mãe, pai, Rafa, this is my girlfriend, Della." Neymar beamed down at Della.

"Hi, it's really nice to meet you." Della said in fluent Portuguese, making Neymar look at her shocked. Neymar Sr, Nadine and Rafaella all grinned happily as they heard Della speak in Portuguese.

"It's nice to meet you too, Della." Nadine said with a smile as she moved forward to embrace the singer. Della breathed out in relief and moved to shake Neymar Sr's hand before looking at Rafaella.

She heard a lot of great things about Rafaella from Neymar and they seemed to be very close. "Hi, Della! I'm such a big fan." Rafaella grinned before hugging Della tightly. "Thank you so much," Della said, "I've heard great things about you from Ney."

Rafaella pulled away from her and winked at Neymar, "You did good, brother."

They all sat down around the round table and started conversing and getting to know Della and she finally found herself easing into the family.

-

"It was nice meeting you, Della. I'll see you again soon!" Rafaella hugged the older woman one more time before leaving the restaurant with her parents.

Neymar turned towards Della and looked at her in amazement. "You never told me you spoke Portuguese." he murmured. Della shrugged, "I only speak a little. You saw me struggling back there." Della chuckled as she took Davi in her arms.

Neymar laughed, "But still good." he shrugged. Della smiled and gave Neymar a small hug and he pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Let's go." he said.

Della strapped Davi into his car seat and got into the passenger seat with Neymar and he started driving back to the hotel. "So, anything else I need to know about you?" Neymar asked in Portuguese this time.

Della smiled, "Nope, nothing much." she replied in Portuguese too.

Neymar just chuckled, knowing that he was super lucky to have her in his life.