Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Three: Video Games and Jealousy

Neymar sighed as he read yet another magazine article about him and Della. He had read at least six articles about their 'relationship' and he was getting tired of it. Everyone was asking him about the singer and he wished he never signed the contract. Today, Fernando and Carolina forced Neymar and Della to hang out at Neymar's house, which made Neymar cancel his plans with Alexis Sanchez.

The doorbell rang and Neymar bit back a loud groan as he trudged towards the door. He pulled the door open to see Della standing there nervously. She was wearing a white knit sweater, blue jeans and black flats. Her hair was in a loose fishtail braid and Neymar hated to admit that she looked exceptionally pretty today.

"Hey." Della greeted.

Neymar nodded in reply and stepped aside to let her into the house. Della looked around the spacious house and followed behind Neymar as he led her to the living room. "You want something to drink?" Neymar asked. He might have hated Della, but he still had manners. Della shook her head, "It's fine."

Neymar sat down across from her and Della awkwardly played with her fingers. "So..." Neymar started. Della knew she had to apologise for bumping into him the other night at the club. She didn't want to fight with him. If they were going to be stuck for nine months together, they at least had to get along. It'd be easier this way.

"Um, I want to apologize for the other night. I didn't mean to bump into you. Sorry." Della mumbled. She looked up at Neymar to see him looking back at her. "Um, yeah. It's okay." Neymar replied. "So...did you have plans for today? I had to cancel mine." Della sighed. She was supposed to have lunch with her sister today, but hanging out with Neymar today was really important or something.

"Yeah. I was supposed to play video games with my teammates." Neymar replied, rolling his eyes. He hated how Fernando forced him into this. He could change without Della being there for him, he knew he could be a better father for Davi, he just needed time.

Della shrugged, "You can go there, if you'd like. I can tell Carolina that I'm not feeling well today, it's fine." Della said, standing up and grabbing her tote bag. Neymar shook his head, "No, no. We could go there together, if you'd like. Fernando would kill me if you left early."

Della nodded and Neymar stood up, grabbing his car keys. He was glad that Della was so understanding about this. He had two days off from training and he wanted to spend it with his friends and family. The two got in Neymar's car and he started driving towards Alexis' house.

"So, how did you become a singer?" Neymar asked. Della looked at him weirdly. She didn't expect him to care about her career or her personal life. "What? If we're going to be with each other for nine whole months, I should at least know a bit about you." Neymar said defensively.

"Okay," Della sighed, "Back home in Florence when I was around 15, my school hosted a talent show and I signed up with my best friend. I played the guitar and we both sang. There was this talent scout and after the show, he asked my friend and I if we wanted to come to the United States with him to get signed to a record label or something. My mother told him to come back when I was 18 since I needed to finish school. He actually did come back but my friend didn't want a singing career, she wanted to go to college and study literature but I really wanted to go, so my mother and I went to Los Angeles with him. I sang a few songs for a few record labels and I finally got signed to Columbia Records so here I am 3 years later."

Neymar raised his eyebrows, "So you're fluent in English?" he asked. Della shrugged, "I'm okay with it. I still stumble over a few words and I have a weird accent when I speak it." Neymar nodded and soon, they reached Alexis' house. He parked his car in the driveway and the both of them walked up to the Chilean's front door. Neymar knocked on the door and a few seconds later, Alexis opened the door.

"Neymar!" Alexis grinned, "So glad you could make it!" they hugged and Neymar walked into the house, forgetting to introduce Della to Alexis. He led Della to the living room where Cesc Fàbregas, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Busquets, Sergio Roberto, Marc Bartra, Cristian Tello and Jonathan dos Santos.

Della raised her eyebrows, smirking when she thought about her father and her sister. She knew they'd freak out when she told them that she hung out with Barça's players. Neymar slid into the seat beside Gerard Piqué and Cristian Tello and started talking to them.

Alexis turned to Della who was still lingering by the front door. "Hey, I know you," Alexis grinned, pointing at Della. "You're...Della Giovanno, right? I like your songs." he smiled kindly. Della grinned back at him, "Thanks!"

"I'm Alexis Sanchez," the Chilean smiled, extending his hand to shake Della's. "I know. It's nice to meet you." Della smiled back. "You're dating Neymar?" Alexis asked, his eyes wide. Della shrugged, "Um...I don't really know how to explain it. I'll just let him explain it to you."

Alexis nodded understandingly and led her to the living room. Everyone looked up at her and she saw Marc nudging Sergio with his elbow. "Neymar, introduce her." Alexis whispered. Neymar sighed and stood up, standing beside the singer. "Guys, this is Della. Della, this is--"

"I know." Della said, interrupting Neymar. "I watch your football games, you know."

Everyone's eyes lit up as they started cheering. "How can Neymar score a girl like you?" Sergio joked. "Actually, guys. She's not really my girlfriend. My agent made us sign a contract for publicity and stuff." Neymar said, rolling his eyes. Everyone stared at them for a moment before they shrugged and went back to their game as if this sort of thing happened everyday.

Della sat on the spot beside Neymar and watched as the guys played FIFA. Della watched as Marc Bartra guided his player, his fingers harshly pressing the buttons on the controller before he made a goal against Sergio.

"Damn it." Sergio muttered. The game ended a while later and Sergio handed his controller to Neymar. "Can I try?" Della asked from beside Neymar. Alexis, who had the controller turned towards Della before Gerard started chuckling. "You can play?"

Della raised an eyebrow, "I'm offended."

All the boys laughed at Gerard, hitting him on the knees. "I didn't mean it that way! Honest. But...you're a girl, you know." Gerard muttered, offending Della even more. Della shrugged, "Do you want to play against me?" Della asked. Gerard scoffed, grabbing the controller from Neymar. "Game on."

Alexis handed Della the controller and started telling her some tips that she already knew. The game started and Della started guiding her character through Gerard's defenders. A few seconds later (3 minutes in FIFA time), Della netted her first goal against Gerard. All the boys started whooping and smacking Gerard. "Come on, Piqué!" Cristina yelped, "I betted on this."

7 FIFA minutes later, Della scored another goal. 9 FIFA minutes later, Gerard's player got a yellow card for tripping Della's. After half time, Della scored two more goals and the game ended. She handed the controlled back to Alexis and grinned at Gerard. "Girls rule, boys drool."

Everyone in the room burst into laughter, smacking Gerard on the head. Gerard smirked at Della, "You're pretty cool. Rematch?" he asked. Della shrugged, taking the controller back from Alexis. She ended up winning again, making Gerard groan in frustration. "I've had enough."

Della giggled and watched the boys play again. Alexis sank into the seat beside her, "You're a good FIFA player, you can sing and you're pretty. I don't know why Neymar hasn't really asked you out yet."

Della blushed, "Thanks. He's not interested in a relationship."

Alexis shrugged, "He should be."

They started talking a bit more and it turned out they had a lot in common. Neymar watched them from the corner of his eye. He had this feeling that he should just tackle Alexis and break both his hands right now when he stopped himself. Was he jealous? Jealous of Alexis?

He had to remind himself that he didn't like Della and it would stay that way forever but he just couldn't stop himself from wishing he was in Alexis' spot.