Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Five: Your Song

-Della.
I bit my lip and stared down at the blank notebook page. Every minute I spent sitting here, I felt like I was slowly losing my ability to write songs. Everyone was waiting for a new album and no matter how tired I was, I always had to keep working.

I was about to write my first line when someone knocked on the door, making the thought race out of my head quickly. I groaned loudly and stood up, ready to beat up whoever was at the door when I saw Neymar standing there nervously.

"Neymar? What are you doing here?" I asked, moving aside to let him in. "Uh…Fernando told me to come over here or something. I thought Carolina told you." he murmured. I shrugged, "I was writing. I usually turn my phone off, sorry."

He nodded and looked around the living room. "Cool place." he mused. I thanked him and sat down, grabbing the pen and notebook. I had to start at square one once again. I had my acoustic guitar right by me and my hands were itching to strum it, but I needed the lyrics first.

"You writing new songs?" Neymar asked, sitting on the loveseat beside the couch I was sitting on. I nodded and sighed, "This is so hard." I complained. "Can I borrow your guitar?" he asked me. I nodded and handed him the guitar. He started strumming it, pressing random chords when he started humming a song.

"What's that?" I asked him. "What?" he asked back. "That song you're humming. It's cute." I muttered. He placed the guitar properly on his lap and he started strumming it and softly singing in Portuguese. I closed my eyes and imagined new lyrics going with the song.

"What's that song?"

"It's an old Portuguese song my mãe used to sing to my sister and I," Neymar smiled, "I haven't played a guitar in so long." he murmured. "Wait, wait. Play that again." I said. He nodded and started strumming the right chords to the song and I quickly jotted down lyrics on the paper.

"What does that translate to?" I asked. "This part? 'All that I am is yours until the end.'" he muttered, singing it in Portuguese. I quickly jotted it down on the book and Neymar continued playing the guitar while translating the lyrics.

I changed the chords up a bit and entered drums in and also the bass. He continued playing but this time he didn't sing in Portuguese, he sang in Spanish and added his own words to it. "That's great." I murmured. He smiled at me and I erased my own verse and put his in instead. It was better than mine.

After two hours of trying to write a song, I was finally finished. It was going to be a slow song and I still didn't have a title for it. Neymar handed me back the guitar and I smiled at him gratefully, "Can you play it?" he asked.

I shook my head, "Nah, it's not ready yet."

He frowned, "Come on. I'm pretty sure it's great if you wrote it with me." he grinned. I laughed and shrugged, putting the notebook in front of me. I began strumming and singing the first verse that I wrote. I sang the chorus and went on to the second verse that he wrote. I didn't turn to look at his reaction. I kept singing until I finished the song. I huffed and checked my fingers that were starting to get bruised.

I turned towards Neymar who was looking at me with wide eyes, "You included my verse." he mumbled. I chuckled and nodded, "It was a really good one. Good job." I grinned.

-two weeks later.
I yawned as I left the studio. I had just practiced the song I wrote with Neymar for the first time with the crew and it had actually sounded really good.

I got an incoming text from Neymar and I quickly opened it, reading the text.

'have u found a title for the song??' -Neymar.

'yeah…Your Song for u' -Della.

I had actually named it 'Your Song'. I didn't actually say the words 'Your Song' in the song but I thought that that should be the title. Even after these nine months ended, I thought he left a huge mark on my life. And it's only been the first three weeks.

-Neymar.
Your Song? She named it Your Song. I felt the corners of my lips tug up to a smile as I tried picturing her singing the song that we wrote together. I sighed and leaned back, thinking about how big of an impact she made on my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best! I wrote this half asleep, so I'm sorry for any mistakes!