Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Eight: More Than That

Della smiled as she watched Davi running around in the park with all the other kids. Neymar was having a conference call with Fernando and Nike about his sponsorship and Della offered to take Davi out until Neymar finished his call. They spent the day frolicking under the searing hot Italian sun. Della got Davi a popsicle which was clearly a bad idea since he was really hyper now. Davi ran over to Della and giggled, placing his hands on her lap. Della lifted him up and sat him on his lap, "Where do you want to go now?" Della asked Davi with a small smile. "To daddy!" Davi said, clapping his little hands together. Della nodded with a smile and helped Davi to his feet before taking his hand in hers and leading him back home.

It was their fifth day in Florence and Della had to admit, it was kind of fun. The day before, they took Davi to one of the museums and he absolutely loved it. Della actually felt like she'd be happy with Neymar and Davi but of course, it was all just a big fat lie. Della smiled and opened the door to the house and let Davi run in. Neymar was on the couch watching some TV. He was laughing and Della just had to stop and stare at him for a while…until Neymar felt her eyes on him and sat up straight.

"Oh, hey," Neymar said, clearing his throat as he lowered down the volume of the TV show. "Thanks for taking Davi out. It was a pretty long call." Neymar smiled. Della nodded and ran a hand through her dark hair, "It's no problem at all. He's a really good kid." Della grinned. Neymar nodded and ran a hand through his brown hair. "Do we have any plans later on?" Neymar asked Della. The media was having a field day when they got great shots of Neymar and Della together but what they didn't know was that behind closed doors, the two were really awkward with each other.

Della pulled up her phone and checked out the eMail that Carolina sent her. "Um, Carolina booked us a table at this really fancy restaurant and we're supposed to be there at six." Della informed Neymar who looked down at his hands and nodded understandingly. Fancy dinners weren't really his thing and they weren't really Della's thing either, but they weren't going to tell each other that. They know that there was no use making small talk between the two of them since it was all going to be over in 7 months.

"And what about Davi?" Neymar asked. Della sighed and checked her eMail again. Carolina was very specific with these outings and sometimes left them little notes like 'Leave Davi with babysitter'. Of course, neither Neymar or Della wanted to leave them with a person they barely knew but Carolina persuaded them and told them that the babysitters were the best in the business and were very safe.

"We have to leave him with Giselle again," Della murmured. Giselle was the babysitter that Carolina hired for them. She was very nice and sweet, but Neymar and Della made sure not to trust her so much since anything could happen. Della has known Davi for around two months, and they already have such a strong bond. Sort of like she was his actual mother. Neymar bit his lip and nodded, "Okay then."

Della nodded and went upstairs to leave Neymar to watch his show. It was already four thirty so she started getting ready.

-

After an hour, Della and Neymar were both ready. Neymar was quietly making small talk with Davi's babysitter as they waited for Della. Neymar was about to tell Giselle about his hopes for the World Cup when he heard Della say his name. He turned and nearly dropped the mug he was holding in his hand. Della chose to wear a Khloe Cross Back Bodycon dress with a statement necklace paired with black peep-toe pumps and her hair was in natural waves down her back. She looked beautiful and Neymar hated it. He was slowly developing feelings for Della and he knew he had to stop before he got hurt.

"Hey, ready?" Della asked Neymar with a smile, making his heart beat faster against his ribs. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He closed his mouth again and nodded. "Hey, Giselle. Davi's upstairs having a nap, he'll wake up soon. I bought some stuff for you to cook with so you don't have to worry about cooking from scratch. He'll be hyper when he wakes up, so don't really give him sugar and-" Neymar cleared his throat to stop Della's rambling. "He'll be fine, Della. Let's go." Neymar said, fighting back a smile as he thought about how much of a good mother Della would be.

"Okay, okay. See you soon, Giselle." Della smiled weakly as she worried about leaving Davi Lucca alone with Giselle. "Don't worry about us." Giselle reassured the 'couple'.

-

"Here you are." the waitress smiled as she led Neymar and Della to their table. The two thanked the waitress who was visibly flirting with Neymar. Della rolled her eyes at her before opening her menu. She bit her lip once she realised that everything was so fancy and the portion was probably going to be smaller than the size of her fist. She looked across from her to see Neymar rubbing his eye and tilting his head as he stared at the menu in confusion. They were at a French restaurant, and neither of them could hardly understand a word on the menu. "What's poulet?" Neymar asked Della.

Della bit her lip and shrugged, "I'm confused too. I've never really liked big fancy restaurants." Della muttered. Neymar smiled at her when he realised that the two were on the right page. "Wanna get out of here? Let's get some burgers or something." Neymar grinned. Della looked up at him confusedly, wondering if he was serious or she was just hearing things. "Really?" Della asked Neymar who nodded eagerly at her. Della bit her lip, "Okay."

Neymar stood up and put €10 on the table before lightly taking Della's hand in his, leading her out of the restaurant. As soon as they left, the driver stood up and opened the car door for Della and Neymar. "Don't worry about it, Claudio. We'll be walking." Della said in Italian to the driver who nodded and got back in the car. Neymar smiled at Della and the two started walking, their hands still intertwined. There were no cameras around but neither Neymar or Della minded. After walking for a good five minutes, they found a small quiet diner.

"This one?" Neymar asked, pointing at the diner. Della nodded and the two of them entered before getting a table. "I didn't think you'd be one to ditch a fancy French restaurant for a diner." Della commented. Neymar looked up at her and shrugged, "Those kind of restaurants are fine. But I just want to go back to when I could eat a burger and drink a milkshake without someone coming up to me to ask me for an autograph." Neymar sighed. Della grinned at him, she knew exactly how she felt. "Exactly! I love fans but they can get a little out of hand sometimes." Della mused. Neymar nodded at her words and gave her a small smile. "…Exactly." he whispered softly.

The two ordered and started easing into a conversation. Neymar stared at Della as she spoke about living in Florence when she was little. Her eyes lit up and she had an adorable smile on her face. Neymar's gaze flickered over to her lips and wondered when they would have their first real kiss. No cameras around, no faked sweet words and no one breathing down their necks to tell them what to do.

-

"He was fine! He's such a well behaved little boy," Giselle mused. "How was your night?" she asked the couple who smiled at the babysitter. "It was great." Neymar replied with a nervous smile on his face. Giselle stared at the two for a moment, thinking about how they made such a cute couple. "Well, okay then. See you guys soon!" Giselle smiled, putting on her coat and leaving the two together. Neymar and Della made their way upstairs to check on Davi who was probably sleeping by now.

Della cracked the door open and smiled when she saw Davi in bed, one of his legs and one of his arms tipping over the side of the bed. She slowly tiptoed inside helped tuck Davi back in bed to make sure he wouldn't fall off in the middle of the night. Neymar watched Della with his son, both his hands tucked into his pockets. His heart warmed at the sight and knew he had to make the first move before Della found someone better than him. He shut his eyes tightly as he tried to construct a speech to try and win Della but all the rehearsed words he planned melted away when he watched Della press a small kiss to Davi's forehead, stand up and walk towards him with a beautiful smile on her face.

"C-Can I talk to you?" Neymar stuttered, stumbling over his words as he stared at Della's features. Della looked confused for a moment but nodded anyway. "Sure." she smiled. Neymar led Della downstairs to the kitchen so that they could talk without whispering in fear of waking Davi up. Neymar sat down on one of the chairs by the island counter. Della stood in front of him and looked at him concernedly, wondering if anything was wrong. Instead of speaking, Neymar took both of Della's hands in his and laced their fingers together.

Della felt her heart beat quickly against her ribs as she stared at Neymar, wondering if she was going to finally get what she's been waiting for all this time. "I know that this is supposed to be a 'relationship' or whatever. But I don't want nine months…" Neymar whispered, making Della's heart drop down to her stomach. "I want much more, Della. I know it's kind of too early to put a name on this but I want to make this work. So, Della…will you officially be mine?" Neymar whispered, staring into Della's warm chocolate brown eyes.

Smiling, Della let go of Neymar's hands and wrapped her arms around his neck and lightly pressed a kiss to Neymar's lips, both their hearts fluttering. It's super cliché, but the two of them felt the fireworks and sparks and everything romance novel authors wrote in their books.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
pretty long chapter! so neymar and della finally got together! <3 xx