Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

I can't tell the difference from wrong and right

{A/N: Sorry for doing so much of Vic’s POV loves, I really thought this one through and I think this chapter will be a lot better portrayed from him POV rather than Kellin's. I’ll get back to doing some of each soon, don’t you worry.}

Vic’s POV:

I opened my eyes, enjoying the warmth that was encircling my body. The room was bright, the golden rays of the sun protruded through the two windows in my room. I blinked my eyes a few times more before noticing a weight on my chest. I looked down to see a mop of raven colored hair rested on top of my chest.

At first I didn't remember why there was somebody almost completely on top of me when I woke up, and there was a split second where I was actually afraid. And that’s when I remembered. Kellin was on me from last night, he begged me to sleep with him and here I am. His arms and legs are tangled with mine and his head is rested on my chest.

Part of me wanted this to be real, rather than a drunken mistake, but the logical part of me knew that Kellin would probably dislike the situation we were in now. I laid my head back down on the pillow and waited for Kellin to wake up.

It took him another half hour to start to stir around in his spot, small noises escaping his mouth, and him curling closer to me. I had a lot of time to rethink last night’s events and I decided not to tell him if he didn't remember. Kellin's got a lot going on right now and he doesn't need this in the way of our newly kindled friendship. I really hoped not telling him was the right option.

Suddenly I felt the body next to mine freeze, one minute he was normal and the next he just wasn't moving. I looked down to see Kellin staring up at me, wide eyed. “Uh, good morning Kels.” I tried to make it not awkward, but of course it was anyways.

He removed his head from my chest and slowly untangled the rest of his body from mine, and now he’s just sitting on the side of my bed looking really confused. His hair was ruffled and his big blue eyes were still sleepy, which was adorable as fuck, but I had to remember the situation we were in.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and continued to curiously look at me, reaching up to scratch the back of his head. “I hate to ask,” He finally started. “But what exactly happened? Like, how exactly did I end up in your bed? I don’t remember anything after arriving at that party last night.”

I sighed and rolled onto my side, looking at him. “You got really drunk and I brought you to sleep here,” I left out the details of the kiss in the car and continued. “You insisted that I slept with you, and I wasn't going to argue with your drunken self.” I shrug, finishing my story and stand up to get some clothes to change into.

I pull out a green t-shirt and some black skinny jeans, before turning back to Kellin. He’s still sitting there, just curiously looking at me. I clear my throat and he jumps a little, looking right into my eyes. “Oh, sorry. Well I guess that explains why my head really hurts.” He chuckles a little bit before sliding to the edge of the bed. “I guess I’m going to go back to my house, thanks for letting me sleep here.” He seems to be contemplating what to say next but ends up just shaking his head and opening the door. “Text me tomorrow or something, after I sleep this hangover off. We can hang out.” He shoots me a smile before quietly closing the door and leaving.

Half of me was surprised at how well he took to waking up in my bed; the other half of me knew he had to be at least a little bit creeped out by the situation, I know I would be. It just sucks that now he’s acting all awkward and spacey and he doesn't even know about the kiss.

I quickly pull on my clothes and open my door, noticing that Mike’s door is open a little bit. I quietly walk over to his door, in case he’s still sleeping, and peak around the corner. Mike’s lying on his bed, notebook in hand writing something down. I knock once and he glances up at me, motioning for me to come in.

I enter his room and with a sigh I flop face first on his bed. Mike and I are close so I can definitely trust him with this situation, which is good because I really need to talk to somebody about it.

“What’s up?” Mike questions me.

I move my head up and glare at him. “He doesn't remember.” I simply say.

“Who doesn't remember?” Mike looks confused.

“Kellin doesn't, you idiot.” I roll my eyes, pulling myself up on the bed.

“Sorry for not being able to read your mind, gosh. What doesn't he remember?” He questions me again.

“He doesn't remember the kiss, or coming back to our house, or falling asleep cuddled with me in my bed. I knew he wouldn't but it still sucks because I didn't tell him when he woke up.” Mike nods in understanding.

“You gonna tell him?”

I bury my face in my hands, and pull them up to run them through my hair. “Should I?”

“I would, but that’s all me. Do what you want to do. I just don’t like keeping secrets, and if you guys are going to be friends I think he deserved to know that he kissed you and the insisted to spoon afterwards.” Mike chuckles, giving me a pat on the shoulder. I nod and thank him before returning to my room. I guess it wasn't fair keeping secrets from him, but it’s also going to suck losing a friend that I just made.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i know this is more filler but it's going to get twisty-turny-good soon. c; you just wait, loves.

Title Credit: Out Of Time - A Day To Remember

xoxo
Ribbon