Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

Do You Want Me (Dead?)

Vic’s POV:

“KELLIN YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!” My fist collided with the bathroom door for about the fifth time in the past minute. I had heard him mumble something earlier so I knew he’d be in there, but he wasn't opening the door or even responding to my calls and the possibility of what could be behind this door scared me.

I decided to go to plan B, knocking and screaming obviously was getting me nowhere and I needed to get in there to see what he’s done. Kellin's fragile and I’m afraid he’s done something to hurt himself; I can’t help but think it. ‘No. No he didn't do that, Vic’. My subconscious tried to convince me, but it was no help. I had to get to him. “Kellin, please open the door…” I tried pleading with him one more time before resorting to something Mike taught me. I looked around his house, searching in all kinds of drawers until I finally found what I needed to get to him. I slid the paper clip into the bathroom door lock and started to pick it, really hoping that what Mike taught me would come in handy.

‘Yes!’ I think to myself, hearing the lock click and giving myself an imaginary pat on the back, triumphant that I actually managed to do that. “Kellin?” I ask one more time, slowly turning the bathroom door and peering inside. All I can see is a spilled bottle of pills on the counter top and I knew I was too late. Oh my god if anything happened to him I swear… I blink and shake my head, rushing into the bathroom the rest of the way and nearly falling at the sight. Kellin's on the floor, blood surrounding him in a crimson pool. He was passed out and I could see his body kind of shaking. I panic; I don’t know what to do. I reach down and call the ambulance, practically screaming at them to get here as quick as possible.

He tried to kill himself? Oh my god was this because of me? What am I going to do? What if he does actually die? I can’t… I don’t want to lose him. This is all my fault!

No. No No. he can’t die, not like this. Not when I’m finally starting to understand him. I lean down next to the fragile looking boy and cup the side of his face. His skin is pale and cold, but he’s breathing. Suddenly he coughs, violently, and starts to empty the contents of his stomach all over the floor and himself. I flip him over and hold him up so that he doesn't choke on his puke, and try to hold his hair although he’s still almost unconscious. I can hear the ambulance in the distance and just hold him until he’s finished puking, settling him down in my lap.

“Hello?” I head a faint voice form downstairs and realize the ambulance is here.

“In here.” I call out, hoping they can hear me.

The paramedics rushed up the stairs and in what seemed like just one second, Kellin was being pulled from my grasp. I didn't want to let go of him, but I had to. They had to save him! I couldn't lose him now, not when I’m starting to get to understand him so well. They put him on a stretcher and immediately went down the stairs. I had to stay strong for now; I couldn't break down and start crying yet. I’m starting to care a lot about this boy, a lot more than I realized until right this second. The thought of losing him is too much, I can’t lose him. I just can’t! I quickly ran down the stairs two at a time and called out to the paramedics that were loading Kellin into the back. “Please let me come with him, please! He has nobody else.” I beg them, hoping that they’ll let me ride in the ambulance with him.

“Are you his family?” One of the questions me.

“Uh… No, I’m not, but he doesn't have any other family to come with him or even to take care of him. Please?” I sound desperate and needy right now but I don’t care. His mother isn't coming to the hospital with him, he let me know about her problems the other day and I don't know of any other family he has around, so I'm all he's got right now. One of them eventually nods and lets me hop in the back of the ambulance with them and Kellin. I sit on the bench and look down at the raven haired boy. He looks so fragile and I need him to live, I just can’t live without him anymore. He might think he’s too much work for me, but he’s not. He’s perfect and I’ll show him that I want to be with him. I don’t know when or why I started caring so much, but I did and now I can’t stop it. The feelings just keep coming in waves, and before I know it I’m crying on the way to the hospital.

“Please don’t let him die…” I whisper, half to the paramedics and half to convince myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for not updating this soon after the cliff hanger, and I guess this is another cliff hanger kind of. XD

I finished up another one of my stories and started yet another one so I've been occupied, but this and Warning Signs are going to be my soul focus soon.

Title Credit: Do You Want Me (Dead?)

xoxo
Ribbon