Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

Nowhere to run, and the worst is yet to come

Kellin’s POV:

I pried my eyes open, looking around myself with confusion. My head was pounding; my thoughts still groggy and my wrists had stinging pain in them. I was on my back in an uncomfortable bed, bandages along my wrists. What had happened?

“You’re awake?” I hear a familiar voice belonging to a certain Mexican boy ask me. He sounds distant until I sit up, noticing that he’s right next to me. “Take it easy; try not to move too suddenly. It can’t be good for you.” He’s right about that one, I feel like something bit my hands off and then hit my head with bricks, but I’m still not sure what happened.

“Do you remember anything about yesterday?” Vic questions as he pulls a chair up to the side of my bed. I shake my head and he looks at me sympathetically.

“Hmm. I’m sure you remember leaving my house after I…” He trails off towards the end of the sentence. “Anyways, from what I saw and what little information the hospitals actually given me, I take it that you went home and uh… Hurt yourself and took a bottle of pain killers.” He whispers the end; I can see tears pricking his eyes. “I… I didn’t know if you would make it.” He reaches over the side of my bed and grabs my hand in his, never taking his eyes off of mine. I swear that I could get lost in his chocolate orbs if I looked at them long enough. I feel horrible that Vic was so worried about me; it’s a wonderful feeling knowing that somebody cares enough to sit at the hospital with me, again.

“This is the second times you’ve saved me, and I bet you can’t even name 10 facts about me. You must be my knight in shining armor.” I joke, trying to loosen the mood a bit.

“Maybe I am.” He grins cheekily at me. We sat there in comfortable silence for a few more minutes until a small knock sounded at the door.

“Come in.” Vic calls out gently, looking at the door as what I assume to be a doctor enters.

“Kellin, you’re awake! That’s excellent.” The doctor smiles at me and I just nod, still taking in the shock of the fact that I tried to end my life, again, and the fact that Vic saved me for a second time since we’ve met. I really don’t know why this boy wants anything to do with me, I’m such a mess. “Well anyways, Kellin, you’re pretty much good to go. We patched you up and pumped your stomach and there’s really nothing more we can do for you.”

“So I can take him home now?” Vic sounds hopeful, and the doctor sighs.

“If it were up to me, I’d let you take him, really. But it’s not up to me and protocol says he has to be taken home by somebody above the age of 18.”

“I turn 18 next week,” Vic counters. “Plus, I’ve been the only one here for him, who’s going to come get him? I took him home last time! What’s different now?” And there’s that cute little rambling Vic does. I can’t help but notice it, barely paying attention to the words coming from the doctors’ mouth.

“Last time wasn’t self-inflicted; he’s going to need an adult to keep an eye on him for now.” The doctor pulls his pen from behind his ear and quickly writes something down on his clipboard. “We went through Kellin’s file and found somebody to come pick him up; they should be here any minute. Get dressed, and we’ll send him right up.” The doctor smiles one more time at turns around to leave.

“That’s frustrating.” Vic lets go of my hand and stands up, going over to the table next to me and handing me some clothes to change in to.

He turns around and I change quickly, still trying not to move too fast due to Vic’s constant protesting. He really does care about me. Once I’m finished Vic collects his things and sits on the bed next to me. “Who’s coming to get you anyways?” He raises an eyebrow and looks at me.

I hadn’t really given it that much thought, Vic was keeping me busy, but now that I think about it… “The only people that are on my contact list are my mom and…”

I’m cut off as the door to my room swings open and my head snaps up to look at the newcomer. Standing in the door way was the blonde-haired, green-eyed man I’d hoped to never see again.

“Nikon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY OKAY? I know it's short and shitty and ugh. I've been in a funk, really badly. I haven't wrote anything in like ten days and I don't know. I'm doing this because I want to, but I'm not sure when I'll update again.

Three cliffhangers in a row is really dick-ish of me but I'm sorry, I don't want to continue this because then it will be really long and I usually write shorter chapters ._.

Be patient with me. I plan on finishing up It Never Ends soon, and the i'll work on this and Warning Signs a lot more.

LEAVE ME COMMENTS AND I MIGHT POSSIBLY UPDATE AGAIN WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS??

Title Credit: Red Sky Warning - Ice Nine Kills

xoxo
Ribbon