Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

Hollow bodies

Kellin’s POV:

You know that feeling when something you expected to happen but could never predict when, actually ends up happening? I feel like I’ve been waiting for him to show up the entire time he’s been gone, honestly. Every day’s been a challenge for me; I’ve just been waiting for him to show up again. It all seemed so simple to the normal bystander, but I know the truth. Nikon wouldn’t just give me up that easily, I knew he couldn’t do such a thing.

In some sick and twisted way I think he do actually love me, maybe he really believes that what he’s done to me is the right thing and he really thinks he was treating me correctly. Then again, he might just be using me for his own sick enjoyment. How was I supposed to know?

And now here he is, standing at the entrance to my hospital room with a wicked grin etched across his tanned face. One of his eyebrows is raised and his green eyes have the same glint they always did, the one that I first fell in love with but quickly began to hate.

That leaves just one question. How did he even get here? Wasn’t he locked up or something?

I guess in my shocked trance I mumbled that out loud, because I got a snarky reply from Nikon. “Nice to see you too, Kellin. It doesn’t matter how I’m here, Kellin. I’m here to keep you safe now.” His voice sounds nice, but I know his words drip with venom and anger. He takes a step towards me and reaches his hand out to me. “Let’s get you home, I’m sure that you can’t be feeling to good, love.”

What? What is happening right now! I’m so confused, but I’m sure I’m not the only one. My eyes flicker to Vic, who’s still standing in the same position as before. He has a confused expression on his face and I can relate to it. One second I’m sitting here with a sweet boy who I might be starting to feel a connection with, and the next my abusive ex-boyfriend comes in with permission to take me home. Vic catches my gaze and shoots me a questioning look, but I have no time to make any gesture back before there’s a pair of fingers snapping in my face.

“Earth to Kellin! Are you coming or do I need to carry you?” Nikon snaps at me, no longer trying to hide the fact that he doesn’t actually care about my well-being. I glance up at him and nervously chew on the inside of my cheek before taking a deep breath and taking Nikon’s hand. I shoot a sad look over my shoulder to Vic before being led out of the room. I don’t know why I actually just went with him so willingly, maybe just out of habit. It may have been a month since we’ve been apart, but this boy still has complete control over me, my life, and everything I do. I have to follow him.

I can do this. I think to myself. I’ve dealt with the abuse for a while before; this time won’t be any different.

I deserve this.

Vic’s POV:

I slowly blink at the small boy as he gets dragged out of the room by the man who he addressed as Nikon. I’ve seen him before; I just can’t place my finger on where exactly I’ve seen him. I also believe Kellin’s mentioned his name before, but again, I can’t think clearly right now.

Everything happened so quickly, I’m still unsure of what exactly just went down in front of me. One second I’m sitting here making sure Kellin’s actually okay, he did just try to kill himself for god’s sake, and the next he’s just gone.

I throw my coat on and make my way out the door, quickly pushing past all of the people in the hallway of the hospital. Am I seriously going to let Kellin go with this dude right now? He seemed so fucking freaked out and it absolutely broke my damn heart. I make my way to the elevator, but end up deciding that it’s too slow. I push past a few nurses and run to the stairs, opening the door and practically throwing myself down them. It takes me just a few seconds to make it to the first floor, and I rush to the entrance of the hospital, searching around for Kellin.

There are a lot of people in the room, but none of them have that distinctive silky black hair that Kellin does. Ignoring the protests of some people who I may or may not have pushed out of my way, I throw myself into the front door, gasping as I meet the chilly winter air. “Come on. He’s gotta be here…” I whisper under my breath, walking along the sidewalk.

Just as I’m about to give up, I make out the small boy with the raven hair just as he disappears into a car. A car I’ve seen so many times before. The car that I can remember his small frame slipping into in front of the school, Kellin says it was his boyfriend’s car.

I guess it should have clicked in my mind much, much sooner, but of course it didn’t. I watch as the car drives away, still not quite sure of what I’m witnessing right now.

That same car has been in Kellin’s driveway several times… Once on the first day I met him, the day I heard yelling from inside Kellin’s house. And once the night Kellin nearly died, that was the car that was parked in front of his house… Oh my god.

How did I not see this sooner? How could I be so fucking blind?
♠ ♠ ♠
hi hello i'm trying to be more motivated i promise. I think i'm going to try to update daily again :)

by the way, don't you worry your pretty little heads, the Kellic is coming soon. patience is key!

thank you guys for the feedback, you're the fucking best. all the comments seriously motivated me, keep it up.

Title Credit: Hollow Bodies - blessthefall

xoxo
Ribbon