Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

Kissing In Cars

Vic’s POV:

“There’s going to be plenty of girls falling all over you tonight, Kellin.” Mike makes some kind of snort laugh after he’s finished that sentence. “They’re crazy when they’re drunk.”

“Too bad I don’t swing that way.” Kellin shoots a cheeky grin to Mike and the whole car starts laughing. All six of us squeezed in my five-seater car, Ace ended up having to sit on Mike’s lap. It was my turn to be the designated driver, which kind of sucked, but then again I could keep an eye on Kellin this way. Kellin was really getting along with everyone, which was a really good thing; they’re normally a tough crowd to impress.

We pulled up to the street where the party was happening, and the whole street was littered with cars. People were parked on lawns and there were others walking to the party. “So much for your friend inviting a few people, Mike.” I pull up to a free space on the side of the street and put the car in park. “There has to be more than two hundred people there.” I glace at Mike in the back seat and he shoots me a grin.

“Probably closer to five hundred, knowing Alex.” He shrugs and I roll my eyes and put my keys in my pocket, opening the door to the car and stepping out. The California air was hot a damp, I was really hoping the house wouldn't have five hundred people in it. All that body heat would fucking suck, but knowing Mike and his crazy friends; there would be a lot of people here tonight. I notice that Mike and Ace have already gone off, probably finding somewhere to make out, and Tony and Jaime were catching up with some friends they saw outside the house. Kellin looked pretty lost, so I grabbed his arm and led him towards the house.

“Tonight is about having fun, Kels. Dance, drink a little, meet a guy, do whatever your little heart desires.” I smile at him, and I can’t help but notice how innocent he looks. His blue eyes look lost and his pale cheeks are decorated with a pink tint, and his lips look extremely soft and kissable, I’d just love to- wait. Wait. Vic, calm yourself. Kellin is just a friend, plus he just got out of some relationship that he still doesn't want to talk about, there will be no kissing between Kellin and I.

Kellin nods and looks up at the house in front of us, it was quite large and all the lights were turned on, on the lower floor at least. Music was blaring and the bass was pretty much shaking the entire house. We continued walking, his arm still linked with mine and I opened the door. Yeah, had to be at least five hundred people here. There were people absolutely everywhere that I could see; there was barely even any room to walk. “Have fun, Kels.” I whisper in Kellin's ear before getting lost in the crowd. I would try to stay with him and hang out if this was a bit smaller of a party, but with this many people here, I’d never be able to keep track of him. I was just hoping he didn't go too crazy or not have fun.

---

The kitchen counters were littered with different types of liquor, and it really fucking sucked that I had to be the designated driver tonight. I’d love to grab a drink right now, but my friends’ safety came first. I opened a cabinet and grabbed a cup, pouring myself some water from the sink. I’d been here for a few hours, talking to a whole bunch of old friends and dancing with some guys. A lot of people had left at this point, or gone upstairs, but the party was still going strong.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a raven haired boy with a red cup pushed up to his face. I turned my head around and saw Kellin there, drinking some sort of mixed drink. I watched from a distance as he finished what was in his cup before going back to the counter and pouring some more various alcohols in his cup. “Hey, wait. How much have you had to drink tonight, Kels?” I grab the cup from him as I approach him and look into his eyes. He’s having trouble keeping them open and he’s visibly swaying on his feet.

“A f-few.” He slurs, reaching his hands out to me for balance. “Give me that back!” His eyes widen and I can smell the alcohol on his breath. He reaches down to try to grab the drink from me but ends up just spilling it all over the floor. “Look what you did, Viccy.” He yells in my face, pointing at the ground. Kellin is so drunk he’s calling me “Viccy” now. I guess it probably wasn't the best idea to leave him alone, I have absolutely no idea how much he’s drank tonight.

“Let’s go to the car, Kels. You’re really out of it.” I hold onto his arms and start to lead him out the back door.

“You’re no fun, Viccy! Let’s go back inside.” He whines, I can barely understand what he’s saying at this point, his slurring is that bad. I just roll my eyes and continue to lead him outside, until we’re in the back yard.

“Hold on Kels, let me just text the guys.” I stop for a second and pull out my phone, texting all of our friends to meet us at the car. When I glance up from my phone, Kellin's doubled over and puking all over the ground. I rush over to him quickly and hold his hair back, closing my eyes and turning my head away from his puking.

Eventually I hear him stop and I open my eyes and turn to him, making sure he didn't make a mess all over himself. “I’m tired Viccy.” Kellin wales, leaning his head on my shoulder.

I start to lead him back to my car, trying to be slow enough so that he doesn't get sick again. Once we’re there I unlock it and put him in the passenger’s seat, and roll the window down, just in case he’s sick again. I close the door and walk around to the driver’s seat, hoping that everyone else doesn't take forever. Kellin needs to get home and go to sleep.

I feel a hand tugging at my hair and glance at the seat next to mine, noticing Kellin looking at me. His blue orbs are bright as ever, and his raven hair is plastered to his face at odd angles, but he still looks so cute in my eyes. He’s running his small hang through my hair now, and leaning close to my face. Before I can even register what’s happening, he’s crashing his lips into mine. I can’t help but kiss back; his lips are so soft and fit perfectly against mine. I know he’s drunk, but I just can’t help it. Suddenly he pulls back, his body still hovering over the center console, his big icy eyes staring right into mine. He untangles his fingers from my hair, reaching down to grab my hand. He intertwines our fingers and leans back in his seat. “I’m tired.” He whispers to me.

I sigh and tell him we’ll go home soon. Part of me wishes he wasn't drunk right now, so it could have been a real kiss, but the other part of me knows it’ll be a good thing he won’t remember in the morning. It was obviously a mistake.

A stupid, drunk mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't even proof read this

i do what i want

anyways, happy? they finally kissed. IN A CAR. I WAS LISTENING TO THAT SONG AND I JUST HAD TO DO IT I KNOW SO CHEESY I KNOW WHATEEVERRRRR.

You guys are so fucking rad with all the recs and comments and subs. I love you all ^-^ Those comments make me want to update as fast as possible, so here<3 Maybe another update tonight? Working on a "It Never Ends" chapter right now. So we'll see. c:

Title Credit: Kissing In Cars - Pierce The Veil

xoxo
Ribbon