Can I Try to Hide This?

one

Harry was your typical American lad, although he had just moved to Scotland with his mum. He was starting a new school and this terrified him. He was so glad that he was moving from his old school in Florida. He had no friends there and the only friend he had gave up on him and moved away. So all he had left was his mother. But she had a new boyfriend and he just happened to live in Scotland. But that was only half of the reason that they were moving. She had just gotten a big promotion. The company that she worked for were opening up their first branch outside of the country and this just so happened to be in Glasgow, Scotland. Yup you guessed it. His mum got to see the running of the branch. And they got to live with Gary, who was a pretty chill guy.

Harry hated being the new kid. Every time he had to change school, every single kid stared. No one liked his clothes or his hair. Or anything about him really. What if that happens again? 'stop being an idiot Harry. No one is going to like your clothes. They all have to wear the same. No sane person likes their uniform' Harry thought to himself. His logic made a very valid point. Now there was just the fact of his hair and the rest of him. But alas his logic gave no helpful insight in what to do in those situations, so if they didn't like him then he would have to deal with it as and when it comes.

Harry made his way out of the boys bathroom. He had no idea where he was meant to go for his form room. So he decided to ask the most mixed up group of friends he could see. Mainly coz they were the only people in the corridor. As he approached, they stared at him. He introduced himself and one by one they all introduced themselves as Connor, Kevin, Andrew, Paul and Dave. Harry felt welcome-ish, well he didn't feel hated. He asked about his form room and the boy named Kevin with the nose piercing, messy brown hair and bright blue eyes told him that was his form too and that he could chill with them until the bell rang and walk with him. Harry felt accepted and he didn't even mind that people were asking him questions... at least they weren't rude to him like so many people in his last school.

As Kevin and Harry walked to class, Harry couldn’t help but notice the way that Kevin walked with such confidence around the halls, it was almost like Art work, and Kevin was the beautiful masterpiece. Harry had to shake those thoughts from his head. People found out about his sexuality before and they were not accepting of it. He was adamant that he was not going to be picked on because of it this time. He had two more years of school. He can come out then. All of a sudden Harry hit something and would have fell to the ground if Kevin hadn’t caught him. Harry blushed slightly as Kevin held him. As soon as Harry realised, he pushed Kevin away. “Uh, thanks” he uttered the blush still evident on his cheeks. He ran into the classroom before anyone could see, to save himself the embarrassment.

Harry sat down at a desk, with Kevin sitting down next to him moments later, smiling. Harry thought about the boy sitting next to him. How his baby blue eyes shone perfectly in the florescent lights of the classroom. How his floppy brown hair framed those perfect eyes and how his nose and lip piercing complemented his features just right. Harry shook those thoughts out of his head. He felt his cheeks heat up at the realisation that he was developing a crush on a guy he just met. In fact he was thinking about Kevin so much that he didn’t realise that the teacher had called his name about five times. Kevin shook the distracted American to wake him from the daze that he had slipped into. “The teacher is calling you dude” Kevin whispered and Harry looked up. “Mr. Radford I do not tolerate selective listening in my class, as soon as you step through that door, you are under my supervision and I expect you to pay attention to what I have to teach you. Is that clear?” he muttered a “sorry ma’am” and they continued with the lesson.

The hours turned into days and the days turn into weeks. Harry found himself in this monotonous routine which consisted of going to waking up, going to school, learning, coming home, homework and then sleeping. Though he did make friends with the boys that he had met on his first day, so it wasn’t a complete bore, but he rarely went out. Something about being the new guy, he felt out of place.

Harry was supposed to be doing his homework, however he couldn’t stop his mind from straying to a certain place, or to be more specific, a certain person. Kevin. He hadn’t been to school in days. As much as Harry didn’t want to worry about him, he couldn’t shake the feelings that he had for the blue eyed Glaswegian. Harry was soon snapped out of his thoughts by a ringing of a doorbell. He groaned. Being the only one in meant that he had to answer it. He inched from the living area to the front door ever so slowly. He did not want to open that door. Eventually he did open the door and what he found, he never would have expected. Behind the door stood Kevin with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. “I… I didn’t know who else to go to.” Kevin stuttered out. Harry stepped aside and let Kevin in. He told Kevin to sit down while he made coffee. Kevin had been round a few times. Harry and Kevin were fairly close, to the point that Harry would consider him his best friend, but he didn’t know if Kevin felt the same way. He pushed those thoughts aside as he brought the coffee into the living room and handed one to Kevin.

After moments of silence and channel surfing and literally not saying anything, Harry finally broke the silence. “Why haven’t you been at school?” Harry asked in a small voice. Kevin looked up from the cup of coffee that he had in his hand. “My dad… um… My dad…” Kevin couldn’t get the words out of his mouth. Somehow Harry understood, placed his coffee down, took Kevin’s and placed it next to his own and finally pulled him into a hug. This is the love that Kevin needed right now. The last hug he got was from his father. Harry Laid down, pulling Kevin with him, they just lay there thinking, both of them about their absent fathers. Harry understood what Kevin meant when he couldn’t finish his sentence. Harry felt the same not 5 years earlier. He felt tears escape onto Kevin’s head, causing Kevin to look up at him. Kevin knew about Harry’s dad dying, so it wasn’t a surprise that telling Harry would cause him to get upset, but he would have been the only one that understood. “My mum kicked me out” Kevin finally said. After a few moments of silence he finally asked if he could stay there. Harry couldn’t turn him away, and once he told the story to his own mother, he knew there was no way that she would let Kevin out on the streets. Harry nodded. Harry’s brown eyes catching Kevin’s blue ones, focusing on each other, a glimmer of wonder in both as well as pain and sadness. Neither of them knew the other was gay or even that they liked each other. But in that moment everything in life clicked. They boys were leaning closer and closer together and when their lips touched there were fireworks.

Harry pulled back. He felt horrible. Like he was taking advantage of Kevin’s feelings, he was vulnerable and Harry didn’t want to start a relationship on a whim after Kevin’s dad had just died. Harry gently took Kevin’s hands in his own. “Kev, you have to be certain about this. You’re emotions are all over the place and I don’t want to start something that will wreck them further. I don’t want to hurt you but I fear that you don’t know-“ Harry was cut off by another kiss. “I’ve wanted this since I first met you” Kevin whispered. His Scottish accent ran through Harry’s ears like a beautiful melody. Harry blushed slightly. There were more than enough times where he found himself thinking about the blue eyed boy. But he didn't want them to stop. “Please tell me that you will be my boyfriend” Kevin asked. Harry couldn't say no to him. He pulled him into a passionate yet loving kiss, before pulling back momentarily to text his mum about Kevin getting kicked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry that it sucks... I started writing it... then I wasn't sure where I was going with it and then towards the end I developed a cold and it's hard to write when you can't breathe very well