You Stole My Heart

you stole my heart

A sea of cobalt blue-clad fans lurched forward in a unanimous scream. Two seconds left; the winning goal, shot by my boyfriend. I was riding on Cloud Nine to say the least. I let out a squeal and threw my hands in the air as the girl beside me grabbed me into a choking hug.

“Air, Anjil. I can't breathe.” I clutched at her vice-like grip as I spoke.

“Oh, sorry,” the pressure was relieved and my best friend had the grace to look embarrassed.

Martin untangled himself from his swarming teammates and skated toward the door to the rink. He motioned for me to come over as the announcer spoke.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have another surprise from your Tampa Lightning captain.” I shared a glance with Anjilika, who shrugged. I moved past the crowd and he opened the door. I stepped on the ice delicately as he grabbed my hand to steady me. Once I was able to secure good footing, he dropped onto one knee. I felt a gasp claw from my throat as one of the referees skated to him with a microphone. He took it and smiled up at me.

“Kylie, you are the love of my life. You’ve been there when everybody doubted me. You’ve always believed in me. I can’t believe it took me so long to ask this, but will you be my wife?” I couldn’t speak. Hell, I could barely breathe. I shook my head quickly and the crowd cheered. He hopped up with as much grace as possible on ice and wrapped me up in a kiss.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine as he muttered, “Happy birthday.”

“Best birthday ever!” He laughed and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
For my best friend, Kylie. Sorry it's so short, I hope you like it anyway.