Status: Just Trying this out. What do you think?

Broken Underpass

one

His filthy flannel slipped onto my shoulder the counter barren and dusty just beneath my finger tips.
"I understand how you feel." He always understood but that never stopped him.I feel the instinctual nod coming before I conciously participated in the action.
"I Love You El" He pulled me into a hug the smell of cheap vodka and ciggarettes only masked by the heavy cologne.
"I Love you to dad" I escape from his distant embrace walking out into the dirt patch of a road catching a glimpse the City of Lights. It is funny that they call it the "city of lights" when most people haven't seen light since their own undracation. Though scars are beautiful they are certainly not cheap.
The flourescent bell tower tolls once more as the familiar faces of the town emerge from their own hovels.
Sometimes I think i'll never react. I run a hand over my unscarred cheek yearning for the purpled burns on the woman who owns the tech stores marks.
"Earth to Ellie.." I turn to face the ever lovely Aiden Willis. It is no surprise he is waiting for me as he has for the past 10 years. He has already reacted first in our class. He is by far the most handsom as well adorning multiple scars my favorite is the rugged patch just beneath his eye shaped like a crescent moon. With looks like that he will probably be offered the Mayor's position."You know Elle I think that I do not want to work today" Thisis shocking with the meeger time left until our own Undracation he and everyone wants as much time as possible in the sunlight to accumulate scars.
"Dont be ridiculous"
"No seriously reacting kinda sucks "
"Oh does it now?"
"Yeah, I ahve to wear that huge suit and getting burned hurts"
"That is really awful of you you know"I said turning away.
"Aww c'mon Elle I am only kidding I am sure you'll react soon, I mean your mom was one of the.."
"I am aware of what my mom was Aiden."
My Mother Antonia Bellmont was one of the most beautiful woman to have ever graced the Underground. Her scars were perfection crafted by the gods themselves or so people say. She was a "late bloomer too" at least thats what they tell me "unscathed until the last day before her Undracation and then all the sudden boom! She was famous for her beauty. She died just before I became an underling, I found her in my Dad's arms she had fallen at one of her shows, noone could help her. Even the president attended her funeral without the wage of her stardom I watched my Father drink us from the suburbs to the outliers where I first met Aiden.
Aiden was the kind of of boy you liked to stare at. His deep brown eyes and curly chesnut hair had you swooning and those scars perfectly placed. He would be picked up by the government and moved out of the Outliers and into the city I could feel it.
We walked a little further until we came to the waiter on the edge of the city. We were greeted or rather he was greeted by the eye man. You don't really exist until you have scarred. The eyeman had large hands covered in calloused skin while on his eye a scar so magnificently designedd that it shut his eye permenantly . We had asked him about it once and he said it was his first reaction. If only I could be so lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter an intro comments?