Status: Just Trying this out. What do you think?

Broken Underpass

two

The sun bloomed as the waiter lifted us out of the depths of the under and thrust us into the unforgiving rays. My pale skin was never a friend of ultra violet beams and no amount of expensive creams could take away the red tint of my shoulders and cheeks, maybe from far away enough it looked as if i was scarred. I entered the ever dwindling group of unscathed underlings most being far younger than i and watched the scarred girls fawn over Aiden as he put on his suit.
The entire city was moved under ground hundreds of years ago when an underling had accidentally dragged pollen while playing in the fields of hogsweed a photoreactive plant that upon contact burned in natural light. At the time the ignorant above people had called the burns ugly making the people who wore scars as outcasts. The above people then became trapped as the city became sorrounded by the plant. Then the scars were a sign of valor of power and beauty. People fought for the way up onto the surface however without proper procedure the wannabe scarred people were poisoned by to much exposure. Years later it was discovered that children did not react until after there 16th birth group so we are sent after undracation to gather the goods for the city, our only chance unless wealthy to accumulate beauty marks, a past time i am failing at.
I see Aiden and his friend blaine they both adorn scars on there cheeks. I watch Aiden take off the cap of his suit and he holds a leaf to the other cheek. This is a well known game for reactive underlings, who can not scream the longest while you burn your face, it is strictly prohibited but Aiden can get away with anything. I have to watch at a distance being an unreactive I do much of the hunting and gathering with the younger kids. As I pick blueberries i can hear the laughter of my age group as Blaine loses screaming, but now having a handsome scar on his chin. The authorities have come over they are talking to the boys scolding them for thee childish endevours but joining in on the laughter as the other reactives teases Blaine's cowardice.
As the sun sets the reactives unsuit themselves ready to go home after the days work while I being unreactive have longer to go using the dark time for "weed management" cutting paths for exporters and doctors under the moonlight . as
i make my way back through the sillouheted "hog forest" i catch eye of a man standing in front of me,
i am about to call out. Who would be out that is that old at this time of night ?
"Boo!" my limited night vision is totally removed as two hands wrap over my eyes.
"Aiden" I complain he is not supposed to be out now, everyone know dark is the time for the animals and the unreactives, if there wasnt danger at night of the wilds then we could have worked all night long.
"dont act like you are not thrilled to see me. I saw you staring at me during my competition with Blaine."
"I hope you get third degree sun poisening and die"
"so harsh and bitter for an unreactive" He removes his hands and his smirking face is uncouth in amusement.
"dont you have better things to do than stalk a little unreactive.'
"nope." he smirks his eyes glinting in the late night moonshine.
"does your mother know where you are?"
"oh yes she is very supportive of all my stalking habits" what an ass. He wraps an arm around my shoulder, I wince my sun burn still fresh."Burn" he looks guilty at me "sorry"
"its fine just.." I move into his body flush against his chest.
" Better?" he asks. I nod although really it doesn't make much of a difference the burn still stings, but
i am not ready to let go of Aiden's close proximity yet.
We reach the waiter the eye man smirks at Aiden. I hide my face not wanting to embaress aiden, being so close to an unreactive and all.
"See ya two tomorrow," he says
" see ya later eye man" I stay quiet not wanting attention.We wander our way back to the back alleys to our road.
"Aiden wait." we stop he looks quizzically at me.
"whats wrong"
"can we just wait a second " he looks knowingly at me tensing at my obvious need for space between my father and I. We sit under the poorly lighted dirt tunnel he smile at me, and for a second the time constraint on my beauty fades, for a second in the dark i can only hear our breathing no burned flesh between us the same.But, this moment ends to quickly as the familiar flannel falls into a ditch outside our home a bottel of dandelion whisky a cigerette meeting the ground as my father collapses on our stoop.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it is summer!!!!! Finally. An update hopefully every week, if anyone is reading this thank you
i am very open to ideas and criticism feel free to comment and subscribe or whatever people do these days! Thanks!!!!