Signals

Those Frost Giants are pretty badass - bonus

Louise grabbed the bowl of popcorn after she had slumped into Tom’s couch, watching him as he walked across the lounge to his TV. Friday nights had now become their stay-in night, usually a movie, instead of drinking and socialising in bars. She flicked her cell phone onto silent, anticipating their alone time.

“Do you like superheroes?” he asked Louise as he flashed her a DVD cover before opening it and slotting the disc into the player. Louise only just managed to glimpse the title ‘Thor’ and she shrugged.

“Only if it’s done right,” she admitted.

“Well, I hope you find that this one is,” Tom said, getting comfortable on the couch next to her.

“Wait, I thought this movie had only just come out in theatres? Supposed to be a big hit, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, but my contacts gave me a copy early,” Tom replied smoothly as he quickly skimmed through the title screen and started the movie. He slung his arm across Louise’s shoulders and planted a short kiss on her head, his stomach jittering with nerves as the first scene commenced.

“Those Frost Giants are pretty badass,” she remarked before biting more popcorn.

“You have no idea,” Tom smirked, resisting the urge to laugh out loud. He bit his lip as the movie continued, tensing when the scene of the coronation of Thor finally started. As soon as the first glimpse of a pouting Loki crossed the screen, Louise’s eyes widened and she stopped chewing her popcorn. When another shot of Loki came on, Louise reached across Tom and hit the pause button.

“You’re joking,” she said as she nudged his shoulder playfully, her mouth open with shock yet still showing her smile. “You’re in the movie Thor? Why didn’t you tell- Is this why you went to LA?”

“Maybe,” Tom chuckled, suddenly glad that he had decided to surprise her like this. Louise rewound the film slightly and paused it on Tom’s face, a massive gold helmet atop his head and an emerald cape across his shoulders.

“You must have been so happy to land that role!” she exclaimed before pulling him into a congratulatory hug. “I told you that you were a fantastic actor! Oh, I’m so proud of you!”

“Thank you, Louise,” Tom mumbled into her neck before placing a gentle kiss there. He was thankful for more than just her encouragement with his acting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for all of your support, and I hope you enjoyed this final chapter!

I probably have a Loki story coming to Mibba soon, so keep an eye out for that if you're keen!