Signals

Tom, you're a booty call

“Hey Tom, is this a bad time?” Louise sighed as she paced in the women’s bathroom of a pub. Way too many times she found herself hiding in the bathroom and calling Tom for advice, and she wished that it would stop.

“Uh, no…” Tom replied unconvincingly. “Excuse me, for a sec, it’s my sister.” Louise barely heard his little fib and she frowned.

“You’re with someone?” she questioned and she heard a door shut. Tom had also entered a bathroom for privacy.

“Um, yeah. We met earlier at a bar and things were going well, so now we’re at her place drinking wine on the couch and talking,” he answered as he rechecked his appearance.

“Just talking?”

“Yeah… Why?”

“How is she sitting? What is she wearing?” Louise wondered and Tom thought back.

“A black dress, low cut, short but not too short…” he described before pausing to try to think of the dark-haired woman’s position on the couch. “She’s leaning forwards a lot… Possibly sliding her legs out to exaggerate them a bit?” Tom’s voice was hesitant, as by relaying the information he was starting to realise why Louise had asked him those questions.

“Tom, you’re a booty call,” she deduced and Tom sighed.

“It doesn’t matter how deep and meaningful the conversation was, does it?”

“Nope. And if you were really that interested, you wouldn’t have answered the phone anyway,” Louise pointed out and Tom leaned against the basin.

“So Louise, why did you call?”

“Just wanted to double-check that if a guy says something that is really off-putting, there’s no point in trying to stick it out with him?” Louise asked, a not very hopeful expression across her face.

“Do I want to know what he said?” Tom asked, chuckling as he thought of a few possibilities.

“It involves aliens.”

“Oh dear. Hightail it out of there,” he advised.

“Meet you at Judy’s for last call?” Louise suggested and Tom checked his watch. He had enough time, and seeing a friend would be a nice way to end the night.

“Sure. What do I say to this woman?”

“That there’s a family emergency? She thinks I’m your sister, after all,” Louise said as she approached the bathroom mirror, wanting to ensure that she still looked decent for Tom.

“Good point. I’ll see you in twenty.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe how many comments you guys gave me on the last update! Thank you so much powerofkisses, Doctor.Vengeance, Kristenmae89, Cabeeb, MissSweede, V.Mercer, and EvilQueenCharlotte! I'd love to know what you all think of this chapter!