Status: Revising/Not Completed/Editing

Reminiscence, Keep Us Together

1/1

It was raining, I remember that. I don't remember much else. I should have known something was wrong then. It never rained, not where we lived. It was the cliche bad omen. You stopped by my house and said you wanted to talk. I felt skeptical then. It was raining slightly harder than it was before you arrived. We still went for a walk though. The rain had never bothered us. We walked down the streets we frequently went down until we were at our destination, a diner, unknown to me.

We got something to eat though I didn't have much of an appetite there. You didn't either by the way you pushed your food around your plate. More clues. I should have saw it coming. You avoided my eyes. You barely looked at me. I looked out the window as people walked by, wondering where they were all going. Wondering if they were about to have their heart ripped out of their chest as I was.

"We need to talk." I told you.
For the first time since we left my house, you looked in my eyes. I saw it there. The tear symbolizing the beginning of the end.
"About?" You asked as if you had no idea. As if you weren't the one who told me we needed to talk in the first place and led me here.
"Us."
You nodded your head and I knew you understood where I was trying to go with this. As painful as it was.
"I've been thinking" you started
"That's dangerous" I said in an attempt to prevent the inevitable.
You continued anyway, as if I hadn't said a thing. "That we should take a break."
"Break up you mean." I thought i said that in my head but I must have said it out loud based on the way you looked at me.
You just nodded your head slightly but enough to know that was what you meant. I wish you had said something instead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this isn't finished. This may go differently than how I thought after I got some inspiration, you could say. It was originally planned as a drabble (Part two of "Our Same Word"), but it may become a chaptered story. I'm not sure yet. I just thought I would post this so someone could see it and help.