Status: updates every two weeks maximum (hopefully)

New Years Resolution

Prologue

Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth have no idea who the other is, they have never met, nor have they ever heard of each other. They are two people, living completely different lives, with completely different people, bar one overlap of course. Oliver Sykes is one of Jack’s best friends, and it just so happened that Oliver’s boyfriend Josh, is one of Alex’s. It also just so happens that the loving couple had decided it was time for their friends to meet.

Both guys had reasonably big groups of friends, Jack’s and Oliver’s group had sixteen of them, they had at one point been three separate groups of friends who had somehow just combined over time becoming one. Alex’s group being smaller only by one head, was fairly similar, two groups that had merged. They go to different schools in the same town, and it was just luck that had brought Oliver and Josh together.

It was New Year’s Eve and Josh had been bugging his boyfriend for weeks to have a party before he had finally agreed. They decided that they wanted it to be just their two groups of friends and really, thirty one people were more than enough for a party, especially when both groups just so happened to be filled with party animals.

Alex Gaskarth is known at his school, he’s known for his confidence, for his attitude and his ability to get anyone to sleep with him. He’s never had any issues with himself; he has always been loud, outgoing and very confident, almost over confident. People had at one point speculated that he might have been, you know, compensating, but now that he has slept with half the student body, they know that that’s definitely not the truth. He has just never seen any reason not to be confident in himself, he firmly believes that confidence is the key to success, if you are confident in yourself and see yourself in a positive light other people will as well. As long as you’re not an asshole about it, which yeah Alex could be sometimes, but he was also the most caring and wonderful human being. If Alex cared about you, then he fucking cared, the people he cares about are his everything. He’s not exactly had an easy life, but he pushes through everything and comes out stronger on the other side every single time.

Jack Barakat is pretty much the complete opposite, unless you know him well enough of course. Jack’s shy, painfully shy, put him in any kind of social situation or put him under any type of pressure and he will freeze up. He freezes and stutters when he called on in class even if he 100% knows the answer, try and introduce him to new people and he will completely freeze, and not just in a not know what to say kind of way, but in a way where he literally can’t speak, where he just can’t form words or coherent thoughts other than self-doubt and pure fear.Then of course there is the fact that he just does not understand basic social 'protocols', he is like a child in that way. The way other people just seem to know how to act and what to say and when to say what and what to say to who and when not to say anything but Jack just doesn't, he doesn't get it the way other people seem to so naturally. He is constantly saying or doing the wrong thing that sometimes he just thinks it would be better off if he never spoke at all. It’s quite hilarious however, that once you break through his initial shell of anxiety fuelled insecurity, Jack is one of the loudest, funniest most sarcastic people you were ever meet, even though he still says things totally wrong and does the totally wrong things his friends understand, they just laugh with him (never at him), and tell him after so he knows for the next inevitable situation. Dick jokes and the immaturity that comes hand in hand are his forte, much in the way they were Alex’s. Alex was just much less blasé about his.

The two arrive at the party separately, Jack arriving with the girls and gays of his group as they were dubbed after their first ‘girl’s night in’ around nine, most of Josh’s (Alex's) friends had already arrived, and the rest of his own group of friends were already there. Jack of course had been getting his pre-drink on was already quite tipsy. He had somehow in the space of just over two hours consumed an entire bottle of wine to himself, plus a few shots with Maddie and Austin which had been slightly hilarious considering Maddie was drinking to forget about Alan and Austin was drinking to build confidence to go after the very same ginger.

Alex arrives about an hour later, the very last person to stroll in as he had been held up at home, his family always threw a new year’s party and was always forced to attend for at least a few hours, the only positive was the fact his parents weren’t bothered about him drinking, they knew he was responsible enough. Therefore, when he strolled in just before ten pm; he himself was probably just as drunk as the rest of the party goers. When he arrived there was music blasting from an impressive sound system, a random playlist that had a mixture of all types of music on it, random pop punk songs mixing with radio shit that was just amazing to dance to. He was impressed; Oliver definitely knew how to throw a party.

Alex smirked when his eyes landed on Jack for the first time, he had found his conquest of the night, he moves through the crowd of people saying hi to everyone he knew and introducing himself to everyone he didn’t to get to the kitchen in hopes of finding a cup. He had brought his own drink; that was just the way things were done, everyone brings something and then everyone shares, it was the cheapest and easiest way to throw a great party. On his way he purposely ignores the guy that had caught his eye, wanting to properly introduce himself.

Unfortunately, by the time he returned from the kitchen, a drinking game had begun and Jack had gotten involved, Alex quickly slides in between his friends Dan and Tay who were also playing, Tay gives him a slap as he almost spills his drink on her but then laughs and hugs him. It doesn’t take Alex long to figure out the game, it’s pretty damn simple, there is a squishy dice in the middle, each side with a different instruction on it, things like make out, cuddle, tickle, kiss, peck and your choice on each side of it. Someone rolls the dice and then spins the bottle and whatever lands up on the dice they have to do with the person the bottle lands on and pretty much if the person pussies out they have to take a shot and so far nobody has taken any, but they were all drinking away at beers or some other beverage from a plastic cup. They play for a while, Alex getting to tickle the shit out of some girl called Jenna he has never met in his life, gets to sit back and enjoy Tay and some Hayley girl make out right beside him and his friend Kellin make out with a guy called Vic, by choice as well.

Jack is drunk, he knows he’s drunk but he doesn’t care, he is having the time of his life, he never does this, he doesn’t let himself go like this, but he is really fucking enjoying himself. He has spoken to so many people he doesn’t know and hasn’t felt like he was going to puke with nervousness, and now he is playing a game. Jack just doesn’t do these things, or maybe he does he just hasn’t had the confidence to do them before. He’s sure he’s spoken to everyone at the party bar one individual, this Alex kid who had joined their game late, Jack was 100% sure that he had felt Alex’s eyes on him from the second he had come in, late, which seemed to be a running theme with him.

Its Jack’s turn to roll the dice and spin the bottle, the dice lands awkwardly rolling along the carpet between them before it settles on make out, everyone “ooo’s” softly around him and he laughs making some comment on how the bottle had better land on a guy, everyone laughs at him, not a single one caring about his sexuality, that’s just the type of people they were, and at least 8 of the ten people playing the game weren’t exactly straight either. Alex couldn’t help but pray for it to land on him as Jack reached forward and spun the bottle, it was a good spin, it stayed pretty much solidly in place going round for at least thirty seconds before it even began to slow, everyone was watching patiently and giggling randomly, Jack however was just looking smug. When the bottle finally settled it did indeed settle on Alex.

Everyone once again “oo’d” and Tay made some sassy remark about how hot it was going to be, making everyone laugh as they remembered the Tay/Hayley make out which had occurred. Jack shrugged, a small smile playing at his lips as he watched Alex’s own smug grin getting even wider. Alex practically crawled over to Jack, being far too lazy to stand and walk across the small circle, once he reached the younger boy he situated him right on Jack’s lap, his knees bent on either side of the boy. He just sat there waiting for Jack to make the first move, Alex's hands however were already running along Jack's chest and up to cup his cheek and the back down, it was hot.

Jack was in shock, he hadn’t expected Alex to seem as into what they were gonna do as he appeared to be, it wore off however when Alan announced that they were gonna have a five minute time limit because it seemed like they were gonna need it if the game was to actually carry on. Once again drunken laugher erupted from within the circle, Alex and Jack joining in briefly before Jack simply shrugged and leaned in catching Alex’s lips with his own.

Alex kissed back immediately, pushing his tongue against Jack’s lips, Alex was dominant, he didn't care who he was with he just was, even if he wasn’t toping, which he didn’t always, he liked being in control. Jack let Alex lead the kiss but still held his own; he kissed Alex with as much fierceness and passion as Alex was kissing him, just giving Alex the control. Jack decided that he wanted to feel more of the gorgeous boy sitting in his lap, he pushed his body forward a little so he wasn’t leaning backwards and maneuvered his hands which had been flat on the ground behind him to Alex’s lower back, he slipped three of his fingers under the waistband of Alex’s jeans, not moving them, simply resting them there, the other going father down to cup the back of one of Alex’s thighs, as high as it could be without it being on his bum. Alex moved his own hands, moving them to either side of Jack’s head, tangling both in his hair, pulling the younger closer to him.

They both knew that their five minutes were long gone, they both also knew that all of their friends who had been playing them game with them had disappeared and they both also knew that this wasn’t going to stop at kissing. There was no objection from Jack when Alex pulled away from the kiss and suggested the moved to a bedroom upstairs. Of course there wasn’t, Jack was drunk, he was drunk and turned on and Alex was hot. Why would he say no?

Within minutes the two are naked on a bed, they are not quite sure who’s but they don’t care and the door is closed with a sock on the handle. Jack is on his back knees bent, feet flat against the mattress while Alex is on his knees between Jack’s legs. Alex is kissing down Jack’s body leaving marks as he goes, Jack is moaning above him, fully hard already from the dirty making out and grinding. Eventually, after Jack practically begs him to do something Alex takes Jack in him mouth, swirling his tongue around the head making Jack buck up forcing more of himself into Alex’s mouth, Alex takes all he can eagerly.

In minutes Alex has Jack panting and moaning and cussing as he bobs his head almost impossibly fast and with no rhythm, keeping Jack surprised. Jack tugs on Alex’s hair, pulling him up and kissing him hard on the lips, it’s all tongue and teeth but really fucking hot. Alex pulls away from the kiss signaling for Jack to wait, he gets up from the bed, finding his jeans and pulls out a small bottle of lube and a condom before crawling back up the bed, biting on Jack's neck.

“Are you clean?” the question is directed at Alex from Jack and asks the elder of the by surprise, “just cause, if you are the condom isn’t necessary.” Alex feels his cock twitch at the words, quickly assuring Jack that he in fact clean.

All their movements are drunken and sloppy; there is a lot of giggling and hushing, even though nobody would be able to hear them over the music. They bang heads a few times by accident, just making them laugh even more. Eventually Alex had Jack stretched enough, the younger of two reassuring him through his moans and giggles that he should hurry the fuck up.

Alex double checks that just is okay without a condom, earning him a light slap to the side of the head and another ‘hurry the fuck up and get in me’, Alex laughs and fakes a pout, but slams into Jack non the less, catching the younger by surprise, making him moan and his hips buck. The movement makes both of them moan loudly, Jack wraps his arms around Alex as the elder pounds into him sloppily, they are still giggling drunkenly, laughing at each other as they just laugh more, laughs being broken by moans and cusses.

It’s not long before they are both coming undone; Alex’s hand wrapped around Jack’s cock, while he continues thrusting deep and hard and fast into the younger. They come pretty much simultaneously, moans of the others names on their lips as they peak, sighing in content when the highs pass.

They lay beside each other for a while, basking in the moment. They are far too lazy to get up and put clothes on, so they decide just to stay, lying in each other’s arms, its silent for a while, before Jack laughs, pointing at a poster which had obviously been pulled from a magazine. It’s of Fall Out Boy, but they are dressed up as girls, pouting in what can only be called a classic duck face, Alex looks where he is pointing, bursting out laughing as well, before making some comment about how Pete makes a fantastic girl. This of course leads to an excessive discussion about music in general, the still drunken teenagers laughing at nothing and everything.

Neither knows how long they had been lying there for but it feels like minutes before they hear a loud shout of 10, 9, 8, as the countdown to the New Year begins. Alex can’t help but think that he could get used to this, lying with the younger boy he had only just met in his arms, small kisses and giggles being shared as they talk about nothing yet everything. It’s a split second decision but Alex can’t help it, Jack will be his, that’s his new year’s resolution, he doesn't care if it takes all year, he will make Jack his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah hey guys! this is the prologue of my new jalex! woah ts been a while since i wrote jalex, im really excited about this tbh! this story will take place over twelve months, meaning their will only be twelve chapters (maybe an epilogue as well) but yeah!

srry the smut is shitty it was getting to long for a prologue, the actual chapters will be quite long bc they have to get like a whole months worth of shizz in them u feel

uhm

comments would be lavely