‹ Prequel: A Spoonful of Grace

Gotta Have Faith

Image


This is a side story of A Spoonful Of Grace, so it takes place at the same time as that story and in the same AU universe. I would highly recommend reading the original story before reading this one, but I guess you can just read this one if you want to. It is going to have Lucifer in it, but it takes a few chapters for him to get here. Small Disclaimer: I own nothing. Not the characters and none of the images.

Next to the chapters of this story, I've put what chapter they correspond with of the main story. So before reading Chapter 1, make sure you've read to Chapter 23 of ASOG or you might get confused. (Unless you're a rebel. In that case, I fully support you and carry on.)
  1. They're Coming/ASOG 23
    Betty was having a nice day. The operative word being "was." Now she's off on one last mission, because she's still retired.
  2. It's The Lake/ASOG 31
    Between running a flower shop and looking after a giant ball of fluff, Betty doesn't have time to wake up from visions that she gave up years ago. Now if only that memo would go through.
  3. Dinner?/ASOG 32
    Betty has the devil himself tied down in her basement, and he is not a happy camper. She never pictured her retirement ending up like this, and now she's stuck listening to some very creative death threats.
  4. Charming Devil/ASOG 34
    Betty cooks up a delicious breakfast and decides that she's not gonna let the devil get to her. Lucifer plays the part of gentleman and waits for his moment to shine.
  5. Cheer Up, Betty/ASOG 35
    Betty has a change of heart and spends the day in a mistrustful daze. Lucifer starts the day with a hiccup and ends it with an empty victory.
  6. Only You/ASOG 37
    Betty has a strange(r) dream and wakes up to a very unexpected surprise. Lucifer has decided to play this out and receives some good news.
  7. The Color Suits You/ASOG 37
    Betty has a little talk with the new hunter in town and then has an illuminating conversation with the Father of Darkness. Or Lu, as she calls him.
  8. My Bad Angel/ASOG 38
    Lucifer decides on a plan, sort of, and decides to shake things up a bit. It all goes pretty well, until it doesn't.
  9. Harvelle's Roadhouse/ASOG 38
    Someone once said, "Heaven is a roadhouse," and he wasn't wrong.
  10. It Doesn't Matter/ASOG 38
    Betty returns to the land of the living and hits the ground running. Lucifer is turned into a chauffeur and ponders the uselessness of humanity.
  11. Hot And Cold/ASOG 38
    Betty makes her preparations for the big spell and then makes a deal with the devil. No, wait, not him. Lucifer may disapprove, but Betty still makes a deal with D-
  12. Love Is Sacrifice/ASOG 38
    Lucifer receives some answers but still winds up with questions that he can't figure out.
  13. Only Human/ASOG 38
    Betty ponders the future and wonders where everything went wrong. Lucifer questions peanut butter and disobedience, and later learns a lesson about humanity.
  14. My Guardian Angel/ASOG 39
    Betty is not doing so well but she's got a plan to fix herself up, for a minute. Lucifer is angry, which is the norm, but now it's on behalf of the human he's stuck with.