Status: One Shot

Remember

Remember

It was a cold and rainy day when the All Time Low band and crew were having a day off. The windows of the bus were rattling in the wind and there was a distant rumble of thunder. Trees rustled and big raindrops splashed onto the windows.

"I'm going to the gym!" Zack shouted waving at Jack, who was the only one still in the front lounge.

"No please baby stay here," the younger whined when his boyfriend was about to step outside into the rain. "You shouldn't go outside with weather like that."

"Jack baby," Zack laughed, "I'm not gonna melt." He was about to open the door when Jack groaned.

"Please Zacky, I'm not feeling too well. Stay here and come cuddle with me, please."

If there was one thing Zack couldn't refuse it was cuddling with his boyfriend and the fact that Jack was looking at him with big puppy-like eyes wasn't helping either. He hadn't been to the gym for a long time and actually really wanted to work out, but Jack needed him.
Zack let his duffle bag slide off his arm and onto the floor, while walking towards Jack he held out his hands for the younger to take.
"Let's go cuddle in my bunk," he said.

Jack took the smaller boy's hand and groaned when his body was pulled off the couch.

"Are you okay?" Zack asked, sounding very concerned. He held the younger boy by his shoulders so he wouldn't fall.

"My stomach hurts," Jack said, grabbing at his stomach with one hand. "I think I ate a bad burrito yesterday."

'Or you ate to many burritos,' Zack actually wanted to say. But instead of making fun of Jack's pain he guided his boyfriend to his bunk and let him climb inside.
He quickly climbed in after the younger boy and pulled him to his chest.

"You do owe me because you're keeping me from doing my work outs Jacky," Zack mumbled, nudging his head in the crook of Jack's neck.

"Mmmm," Jack mumbled in response.

Zack smiled and brushed the younger boy's bangs out off his face when he saw Jack had closed his eyes.
As Zack heard the other's breathing grow calmer his thoughts wandered off.

________

He thought about the first time someone found out that him and Jack were secretly in a relationship. Zack could clearly remember it, he wasn't sure about Jack because the younger boy had been slightly intoxicated.
They had kept their relation a secret because they were afraid of people's reactions even though the All Time Low band and crew knew Zack was bisexual and everyone knew Jack would basically do anything that moved.

It wasn't a bad memory, not at all, the reaction they got was actually surprisingly positive. It was Alex that had been the person to find out.

Everyone had been completely sober and it was just a normal day of watching some tv on the bus but Jack had been drinking since the moment he got out of his bunk. The younger boy knew that they had to keep their relation a secret, but this wasn't easy for Jack when the effect of alcohol made him extremely horny.

Jack had started to lean into Zack while they were watching tv with the others and he started whispering in Zack's ear. You could of course have thought Jack was dirty talking and Zack got turned on but it wasn't much more than uncomprhendable mumbling and constantly stating the fact that he was horny.

"Jack, you're drunk," Zack had said and he'd taken the other boy to the back lounge.

Jack had been giggling all the time because he of course thought he'd get some.
Zack had just set the other boy on the couch.

"Jack baby, you need to stop drinking in the morning," he'd said while going to sit down next to the other. "It isn't even 2PM yet and you're already pretty wasted."

Jack probably hadn't heard or understood. He had shuffled closer to Zack, bitting his lip, and he'd basically forced himself upon the other.
Their lips connected with a bit too much force.
Zack hadn't pulled away because the kiss wasn't as sloppy as he thought it would have been seeing Jack's state and to be honest he wanted to show the younger boy more affection like this too, apart from only at night.

"You're not drunk," Zack had quickly said as he pulled away for just a second.

"I'm not extremely drunk," Jack had responded, smiling like an idiot. "I just wanted to kiss you."

Zack had leaned into the younger boy again, smiling also.
The kiss they shared was soft and sweet. Both of them had been really pulled into the kiss so they hadn't realized someone had walked in.
They'd quickly pulled apart when a voice said: "Well, this is new."

The sight they were both greeted with was Alex standing in the back lounge with a weird, surprised look on his face.

"A-Alex," Jack had stuttered. His face had turned bright red and Zack himself had started sweating.

"I knew you guys were close but I never knew you were this close," Alex had spoken.

"We... Uh, w-we," Jack had tried to start.

"So you guys are like... dating?"

Neither Zack or Jack had known what to say. Both had been trying to read Alex's face, but the oldest boy's expression was basically blank.

"Not that I have a problem with it," Alex had said, breaking the awkward silence. "It's just that you could have told me."

"H-honestly, we were scared of the reactions," Zack had said.

"If you guys don't want me to tell anyone else, I won't," Alex had promised them.

"We'd prefer you not to tell anyone one else," Jack had said quietly, turning his eyes away from his boyfriend.

Zack assumed Jack might have thought that the older boy felt different about that but Zack totally agreed with the younger.
"Yeah," he spoke. "The more people know, the sooner the fans know and I'm honestly not prepared for them knowing yet."

Zack had seen the younger boy nod.

Alex had nodded too and after he had told that their secret was safe he walked away again.

______

Zack was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts because Jack started shifting and groaning.

"Jack? Are you okay?" Zack asked concerned.

"My s-stomach," the younger boy responded.

Zack helped him sit upright in the tight space of the bunk. Jack was holding his stomach with one hand and his eyebrows were frowned together.
"You're not gonna throw up, are you?"

"N-no," Jack groaned. "Just cramps."

Zack placed a gently kiss on the younger boy's forehead. "Just try to breath calmly. Do you want me to get some water?"

"N-no it's fine," Jack groaned in response. He tried to concentrate on his breathing, which eventually became calmer and the cramps went away.

"You look like your pregnant," Zack said, his voice gentle because he knew he actually shouldn't be making fun of Jack right now.

Jack chuckled. "Zack, it's yours."

Both of them laughed and shifted to go and lay in a comfortable position again.
Jack laid his head down on the older boy's chest, listening to his calm, even breathing and the beating of his boyfriend's heart.

"Have you been able to sleep a bit?" Zack asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

The younger boy nudged closer towards him and Zack wrapped his arm tighter around Jack's lanky form.

"I slept for a little while," Jack said. "You?"

"Not really," Zack responded. "Had been thinking."

Jack let out a little sigh and Zack could feel the tension building in the cramped space of the bunk.

"What about?" Jack eventually asked.

"You know... Just memories," Zack answered, coughing a little before continuing. "About that one time, when Alex walked in on us kissing."

He waited for Jack's reaction but the younger boy remained silent.

"And just... you know. How I'm absolutely not ready for the fans to find out about our relation," he paused for a second.
"Most of the fans are so focused on this whole 'Jalex' thing and... a-and I don't know what their reactions would be..."

"I understand," Jack said, breaking the short silence that had felt over them.
"But remember," the youngest said, shifting to lean on his elbows so he could look Zack in his eyes. "You'll always be the one for me. No matter how much the fans ship 'Jalex', my heart will always belong to you."

Zack smiled up at this boyfriend and pulled him in for a soft and sweet kiss.

"I love you, Jack," Zack said when he pulled away.

"I love you too. Very much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was requested a long time ago, sorry for the waiting! I know I've been a bit inactive recently, sorry. But I'm kinda back I guess... This was a bitch to write and I'm not good at writing fluff... (I'm more of an angst/smut writer). [and a very original title xd] I hope you guys liked it though. English is not my first language. So sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors. Great thanks to my beta-reader http://thanksforjackbarakat.tumblr.com/. Comment and you’ll make me very happy c:
my tumblr: http://sorry-n0ts0rry.tumblr.com/