Watch Your Step

Morning

It was another perfect morning for the two of them. Ever since it started, this was the thing that kept her going throughout the day. Shifting comfortably, she nuzzled closer to him, sighing happily. Her back was pressed against his naked chest and his right arm was wrapped tightly around her waist, keeping her close. His breath was even, sign that he was still sleeping.

Which was weird. She didn't bother to open her eyes and check the time, she could feel the annoying light on her face when she woke up so she guessed it was way past the time Loki usually woke. She smiled at the thought of him being a morning person and how he scolded her for lazing around until past 8 am.

Reaching down, she grabbed the hand that was on her waist and pulled it up to her chest. She interwined her fingers with his bigger, slender ones and brought their hands to her lips, kissing his knuckles. It was a thing she would do whenever she woke up before him. However rare, she cherished the moments when she would silently thank him for all he has done for her, for everything he risked to give her her sight back, to love her and be with her.

It was a habit of hers to keep her eyes closed as much as she could. Despite getting her sight back, six months after the surgery things were going worse than planned. She was losing her sight faster than expected and every day she woke up with the fear of having gone blind once again over the night.

However, when she opened her eyes, she certainly wasn't expecting the sight in front of her. The usual first move was to reach for her glasses before inspecting the room to see how her eyes were doing that day. But today...

She marveled at the texture of Loki's fingers. The texture. How his fingers ironically looked more elegant that hers. Which was slightly explainable since she had to work with her hands a lot on the pole, while he usually used magic. But...How could she see the texture?!

Freaking out, she started frantically looking around the room, observing that she was indeed right, her sight was frighteningly good. Which only meant one thing.

"LOKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII." she was pissed. He promised her that he would do anything to compromise their future yet here he was, sleeping soundly because he had drained himself of all magic to make this possible.

He simply grunted in response and turned on his back, using the hand that was once in hers to cover his face from the sun.

"I see you're up." he sarcastically noted before grunting again as he felt her straddle his lower abdomen. A smirk graced his sleepy features and he removed his hand, ready to take in the beautiful sight before him. "Enjoying the gift - OW!"

She hit him with a pillow as hard as she could.

"What the hell were you thinking, Loki?! What if anyone caught you? I thought we decided to do it some other time, when you would have gained their trust and they let you use your magic without restrain..." she let herself fall on his chest, cuddling into it.

With a soft sigh, he wrapped his arms around her and placed a kiss to her forehead. "I didn't want to wait anymore. I know you were trying to hide it from me, but I could see how sad it made you to wake up with poorer sight every day."

She crawled up, kissing him deeply. "Thank you. So much." he nodded, capturing her lips once again. "When will you stop doing everything for me?"

At that, he rolled them over, comfortably sitting between her legs. "When I die." he looked down at her, his eyes full of honesty and love and she couldn't contain the tears that started rolling down her face.

"I love you so much, Loki."

"As I love you, my dear." he whispered right before she pulled him down by the shoulders, kissing him yet again.