Glass Hearts

Define

The rays of sunlight were slowly starting to peek over the skyline. I could feel the deep pit of jealously in my stomach of the stunning shades of purple and pinks that poured over the soft rolling hills. No one ever cursed the suns existence. He gets to be beautiful and full of soul, even gets to shine without a crude remark. Never has to hide his true self since people except him, but why couldn’t they except me?

My back leans against the side of the lumpy cobblestone shop, hidden in the shadows, just listening to the hum of early morning chatter. Ladies talk about latest fashion and rumors while their blank eyed small children hang to the women’s skirts. They suck their thumbs but not a peep out of anyone of them. Men talk money and news .Jokes start to spill between them only to result in a monotonous laugh and end as soon as it started. All share the same empty stare in the same light ashy eyes. Their glass hearts never flicker a color other than a dull hue with an over shadow of gray. Some mornings it’s just quiet ever body is in their own world an oblivious of anything else. They just stand and stare in to the silence. No emotion at all and no care for themselves or others.

“Aura get inside before someone sees you, or god forbid a guard that happens to walk through this ally!” the short plump old woman said. She stood at the side door of the building tapping her foot; you could see the exasperation in her red flushed cheeks and annoyance in her locked up jaw and tight lips. God bless her. “I was only looking and I’m 21 not child Nina. Plus I would be able to hear someone walking down this path and still have enough time to go in and out that door five times before they could even see me.”i felt a laugh being drawn up from my inside but I swallowed the lump back down. How I wish I could just let it out; to feel the presser be rereleased from my sore heart, but that was a risk I couldn’t take. I wouldn’t chance Nina’s life for that kind of greedy pleasure.

Nina is one of the most carful people ever to breathe but I am a wild card, a menace to a woman like her. I still wonder why she would keep a fool and an endangerment to her life around. I wish I had more control over my sensations like her to be able to swish my emotions away and not worry of being caught. To not feel at all, no pain, no depression, and not having the empty feeling of no completion would be like sweet bliss. It would be wonderful to walk through the streets and not have my heart flutter and glow at the excitement, not having to live on the safe side to hide myself. Nina was like me but not she had feelings but not deep .They went no farther then care and sad or mad and happy. She was also safe and not a sap like me, never wishing for more of a life. She was content and never wished to touch the horizon like me. How in the lord’s name we ever got paired together I will never know and why she even kept me stuns my mind. I would wish no different though she completes my life even if that means having to keep these feelings buried deep inside.

“Please darling at least take the medicine before going out.” her voice was toned down to almost a whisper. Her eyes filled with anxiety and concern never putting her guard down for a moment. She twisting and kneading her wrinkly hands together in nervousness. I hate seeing her like this. “Don’t worry I will be in a minute. Go drink your tea. “Said smoothly to her."
♠ ♠ ♠
heyy i hope you like it!..haha i havent wrote in forever !!!!!!!!!plz comment anything...thankkksssss and hugs....
p.s. sorry its short ;/ and is really confusing right now but it will get clear up soon :0......
xoxoxoxox
All copyrights® reserved for junebugjones