Status: This is one of my other projects I am working on. I started writing it and decided to start putting it up.

Blue Moon

Talen Valorin's Journal Entry #3

It's been a week since the witch came into the house and put me in that contract. It has been little things here and there. And whenever my other half is out, we starter to look for Valeriana. As much as the beast protested, it helped where it could. But there has been no sign of her. No where around the house that I could find any evidence of where she had been taken to.

There was a rose attached to my journal when I got back to the library. The beast had warned me about it, filled with some sleeping poison I didn't really know how to even pronounce and the smell of Valeriana on it. The beast had warned me not to touch it as I picked up my journal, but I shook off the budding dead rose from my journal.

This was the only evidence that Valeriana had been taken in the first place. The place she was taken from. I can't even imagine how or why she was in this room in the first place. I believe that she might have been looking for answers and I must have left this room ajar.

Guess it was my fault for not giving her an answer. Though, now I really regret not telling her at least something. Maybe I should have told her everything. Who cares now? If I had told her, my curse would have continued, the witch might not have come at all. This was my fault. Maybe one word could have kept her from getting captured. But I guess, I have to deal with the consequences.

I have looked around the grounds while looking for the witch's errands she has sent me out on. Nothing. Not even a smidgen of a smell of her. Even though the beast said it would help, I don't think it wants to find her. Though, that may just be speculation. The beast didn't like her in the first place, so it was kind of reasonable to think that it might not be happy looking for the girl.

All the clues I had were to a vision that I barely saw of Valeriana. It's still quite vivid in my mind. But I am truly scared I won't find her. That she would die with me on the blue moon. No one deserves that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. My family had been dying with the blue moon for centuries. Someone who is not in the line shouldn't have to die. But why would the witch kill one of her own? That didn't make sense to me. Neither was the fact that she had been living this long.

I doubt any of my brothers or male ancestors had to deal with this. Well, nothing that I could find. I am hoping to find more answers in my family's journals. Possibly to this curse the witch said she got from my family. Maybe, I can stop this madness and save Val before it's too late.

But I guess the question is, will I find and save her before my time is up? A scary thought. But I must do something. I have to find her. And maybe, just maybe, she'll be able to save me.