Status: This is one of my other projects I am working on. I started writing it and decided to start putting it up.

Blue Moon

Chapter 4: Valeriana

All the hairs on the back of Valeriana's neck stood on end when his attitude had shifted. She had become hopeful when he seemed to be ready to let her go. Though, he looked at her necklace and turned more aggressive. She was slightly confused.

"Pay for what?" She knew she had to bold and make it outside. Then she could find some help.

That's when she took off. She didn't know where the exit was, but she knew she had to get away. At first, she had though that he was going to pull a gun out on her when he reached into his back pocket. She was in the atrium and was already lost. How could this place be so huge? Of course, Valeriana had only a glimpse before she was tossed in the basement.

"Damn." She started to run as hard as she could toward where she thought the front door was. He was in the doorway of the kitchen,his eyes seeming to turn red.

"You are not getting away." She headed toward the stairs and started to run up them, taking them two at a time.

Why is he moving so slowly? She asked herself. He knows this place better than you

The better question probably should have been why he was chasing her. She didn't want the answer as she made it to the landing. He was starting up the stairs slowly and looked like there was a dark wisp around him.

Valeriana tried each door across the landing. Did she think that a door was going to stop this guy? Maybe. But each door she tried was locked. She was at the end of the landing against the banister when he was getting to the top of the stairs. Her heart was pounding harder and faster than it had when she had been kidnapped. She gripped the banister behind her.

"Please..." she wanted more explanation. Wanted to know why he was chasing her.

He crept closer to her, that black collar-looking item looking more and more menacing as he came closer.

"Why should I show you any mercy. You have the sign of the witch on your necklace."

Valeriana grabbed the necklace on her neck.

"A witch? Witches don't exist."

"Oh they exist, Valeriana Pierce. my family was cursed by one." She furrowed her eyebrows.

Valorin. It was just an urban legend. It couldn't be right or real. A family who's boys had been cursed. She didn't know what kind of curse, but it couldn't be true or even real for that matter. People did not get "cursed." At least, that was what Valeriana thought. Talen looked serious though.

"Curses aren't real, there is no way."

Talen was about to grab her when she tried to duck under it. But he caught her by the scruff of her shirt. he lifted her up slightly, enough that she couldn't really struggle. She hadn't really realized how strong he really was.

"Curses are very real, witch." He was about to put the collar on her neck as she tried to keep his arm away until an alarm made him freeze. "Damn."

He kept a tight grip on her shirt as he started to take her downstairs. His expression was still filled with hatred, but now with worry. He headed towards the door to the basement. She tried to struggle and get out of his grip. She felt like when she was kidnapped. But this time, she knew her attacker. They were still heading down to the dungeon, and there was nothing that she could do.

"Please let me go." Talen gave her a hard look as he flicked on the light.

"I will see you tonight and we'll finish this conversation." Her eyes widened and she struggled more.

He pulled her into the cage she had been trapped in before and kept a good strong grip on her shirt. No matter how much she struggled.

"Let me go!" He grabbed one of the shackled and caught her hand, tightening the shackle around her wrists that it was cutting into her wrist.

Clank, the other one went on as she tried to protest. She yelled, she spit at him, but he seemed to be immune to it. He dropped her to the ground and she scrambled back against the cage.

"Why? Why would you do this?" Talen looked down at the collar in his hand.

He went forward silently, gently touching it to her neck. It was quick, like magic as it quickly wrapped around her neck. It was soft, but tight. What the hell is this?

"What is this?"

"Silence."

The collar tightened and made her slightly wince. Her eyes dulled slightly, but she tried to call out. Nothing came out, no sound. Her eyes widened as she looked at him. She was terrified and still trying to figure this out. Did the collar give him power over her? Did he have all this control in the first place?

"I will be back tonight. You will stay silent until I get back and release you. No trying to escape." He started up the stairs as she rattled the chains.

He looked back with a hard look as he reached over and shut off the lights. It was pitch black and she couldn't make a sound.

How is this happening? She looked around, still struggling. She heard the slame of a door and a howl from outside. All the hairs stood on the back of her neck again. What in hell was that? She gently touched the necklace and collar on her neck. It didn't seem like she could take it off. Every fiber told her to run and get away, but she couldn't exactly do that. She wanted to understand all that hatred and this curse that he was talking about.

What about your family? A knot formed in her chest. Her brother had needed that medicine she had. She didn't know if her brother was alive or dead. She immediately felt sick to her stomach. How could she have gotten so distracted? Well, running for your life kind of did that too.

She struggled for about an hour, trying to call out for any help. Nothing came out. At one point, she was fully tired, someone came down.

A mousy girl in a maid attire came down. She didn't release her, but looked frightened. Of the boy? She gave Valeriana some water, but didn't talk. She didn't have any collar like the one on Valeriana's neck, so this must have been a rule that they lived by.

Valeriana heard howls from the outside again which made her tend up. Whatever was out there was on a hunt for something, and yet, it sounded so familiar to her.

But what from?

She sat in silence as the maids left and she was alone with her thoughts. Awaiting for her captor to decide what he was going to do to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been a long time since I updated. But I have gotten over my writer's block and writing slightly again. That's always a good sign. But here is the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.