Status: This is one of my other projects I am working on. I started writing it and decided to start putting it up.

Blue Moon

Talen Valorin's Journal Entry #2

For future Valorins, lying to a witch's descendant will have consequences. As soon as I say this, I know more stuff will probably come up and I'll probably have to pay for it, but no matter. I just hope that it doesn't come sooner as I write this. But I do have some news.

I found our great-great-great-great-great (probably too many greats) grandfather's journal from a long time ago. Maybe a day or so ago. And as I read through it, I think some connections between my father's story to me and what our great (so many greats that I don't want to write) grandfather's story kind of lead to an answer of how we were cursed. Well, maybe a better understanding of why we got cursed.

Many generations ago, our family was of high aristocratic standing and that, of course, led to our family rubbing a lot of wrong elbows. The one that started it all was Alden Valorin. He was the one to piss off the witch, or so I was told. Though, maybe I should stop there for a second. Because at the time, Alden was dating her.

How could he date a witch, you might ask? Well, he didn't exactly know she was one. Guess when you find someone you like, you overlook everything. She wasn't beautiful to say the least, but Alden had chosen her out of many girls. Though if it were for political reasons or actual love, I could not tell you. But the confrontation that brought about our curse happened on a dark dreary night.

Alden had had an argument witch that caused him to leave. I do not approve of what happened next, but he went to a beauty that he had known for a long while and "hooked up" with her. The witch had found out quite easily, being a witch and all. Whatever happened, Alden didn't divulge the information. I don't want to give you false information about what happened, but Alden said on ething that should clear up a lot of our curse.

He wrote, "She said 'I curse you and every boy you sire, to turn into the beast you hide and death by the blue moon on their 20th birthday.'"

How did she know we always have a blue moon on our 20th birthday? I'm not sure. But he did try and reason with her over the years. The girl he "hooked up" with had a boy and Alden didn't want his son to have to fear for his life. The curse had started to take it's toll on him when he found the witch again, asking for forgiveness, to break the curse.

What my father and Alden agreed on was the witch had said, "Only if a Valorin can love a girl and the girl can somehow love him back, the curse would be broken."

I guess our forefathers thought that meant for every man, but even I can vouch that the curse just kept coming back for the next generation to handle. I had even asked my dad if there was a way to break the curse for good. He had said "I don't know." He believed there was and just didn't know.

And we have come full circle because I believe Valeriana will be different. I believe that we can break the curse for good, for all the future Valorins. So hopefully, I might be able to break the curse so those who are probably reading this can have a nice laugh that they do not have to worry about such a curse.

But for now, I should leave it at that. Because things are going horribly and maybe I should have thought before I put that collar on her. I have a feeling that I might now make it to the next blue moon.