Status: Whenever I have time.

Shattered Glass.

Brother, promise you won't leave me.

​​I remember when I was small, when my parent’s and little brother were always nagging me to do things for them. --- Or when my mother would make her famous pancakes every damn morning. They always tasted the same, and I would complain about how bothersome it was to eat the same thing every day.
​​​
But now…I’d give anything to eat her food again, to see her again, but I never would.

​​​And it was all because of them.
​​​
The demons.
​​​
They took my parents, and my brother away from me..forever. And they left me alive to suffer without them for the rest of my life, yet I wouldn’t allow it.
​​​
I contacted a man soon after their deaths, and this man claimed to be the greatest demon hunter on the planet, and I believed him, and he proved it to me.
​​​
I remember the day I walked up to his small little home, it wasn’t intimidating at all, it was rather..welcoming which was odd for a person of his stature. And when I knocked on the door I was nervous, but the nerves disappeared when I saw his face.
​​​
He was a short little man, shorter than me. He wore glasses over his bright eyes and a hat on top of his locks of golden hair. --- He wasn’t intimidating at all, his name helped with that.
​​​
His name was Patrick Stump, and he taught me everything I know about hunting and destroying demons.
​​​
Patrick had been welcoming when I first arrived at his doorstep, and had offered me dinner once I had walked into his house. He was aware as to why I was there, but he wanted to lighten the mood by having some food, and it worked.
​​​
Once he had set down two separate plates, my stomach growled at the sight, and I quickly devoured whatever he had prepared. And he was the one to start the conversation.
​​​
“So, Vic, tell me why you’re here..” He murmured, nibbling on a piece of meat he had cut from his steak.
​​​
I swallowed the water I had taken a sip of, and set the glass down on the table, clearing my throat afterwards. “My parents, and little brother were murdered, and taken to hell by demons..” I revealed, sinking my teeth into my bottom lip. The topic was a heavy one, and every time I spoke of it I became gloomy.
​​​
He nodded, beckoning for me to continue.
​​​
“I want to free their souls, and send them to heaven..” I added. --- What I really wanted was revenge, and I had been told by a friend that Patrick rejected people who aimed only for revenge, and not for good.
​​​
“Is that all? Or are you lying to me Vic? You know my rules.” He mused, swallowing a piece of steak.
​​​
I sighed, noting that nothing ever got by this guy. “Fine, I want to kill the demons that killed them, and to free their souls, but I’d be willing to give up my life, and serve the world as a demon hunter..” I reasoned, hoping what I said appealed to him.
​​​
He smirked, and nodded, causing my eyebrow to rise curiously. What was he thinking?

​​​“Then you will do that, and you will play by my rules before you get to vanquish the demon’s that slaughtered your parents, do we have a deal?” He mused, sticking his hand out.
​​​
I stared at his hand, and decided to go along with it. I’d get my revenge in the end. I grabbed his hand, and shook it.
​​​
And that was the day my training began.
​​​
~X~

​​​​​
The training had been vigorous. He made me run, jog, fight, and stay awake. My small form became lean and muscular by the end, and I could now easily overpower anyone that was significantly larger than me.
​​​
He also made me kill my first demon after I had passed the training exercises, and I was nervous.
​​​
I had never killed another being before, not even one I hated with everything I had. I also wanted to destroy this demon, to release my anger on one of those disgusting creatures.
​​​
And I did, I easily destroyed the creature.
​​​
I made sure it felt pain before it died, and brought the head back to Patrick.
He smiled when he saw what I had done, and I finally felt like I had accomplished something.
​​​
He had given me dinner, and had introduced a new demon’s name to me.
​​​
He revealed the next demon I’d be after was incredibly dangerous, and would put up a fight.
​​​
And the demon’s name was Kellin Quinn.
​​​​