Status: I'm getting back into it guys ♥ / Re-writing this so the beginning is more realistic

Learning the Ropes

02

For the remainder of the afternoon, I followed the same routine; I wandered around the library, found books and read the first few pages. I didn’t bump into anybody (or anything) again, I made sure of that, and soon had a stack of books I struggled to carry. Time to stop, I thought, before I can’t carry anymore. I issued all the books...and silently hoped to see the man I bumped into a second time to ask who he is and where I have seen him before. And after I issued all nine books, I shuffled around the large building one last time before I departed without seeing the man who I still couldn’t place.
__

The next day, Sunday, I sat at a wooden table, got out my sketchbook and after a few seconds of tapping my pencil absentmindedly on the blank piece of paper, sudden, desperate inspiration came to me. I drew furiously on the blank white paper, didn’t stop to think, over-analyze it or my own capabilities because the pencil kept working, without a whole lot of input from me.

A few minutes later, I dropped my pencil on the table and it made a loud clatter. I closed my eyes. Seconds later, I opened my eyes again and stared at my drawing. It’s good, I thought, but not great. I need more inspiration. I sighed and rubbed my face. Maybe if I could see that guy again, I might gain more ideas, I continued the thought with a small smile. I jumped and swore as my phone vibrated on the table next to me. A few seconds later, before whomever it was calling gave up, I picked my phone up, glanced at the caller ID, rolled my eyes but answered anyway.

“Hi, Maddy,” I spoke into the phone

“Mitchell! You’re awake early.”

I rolled my eyes again. “Yeah, tomorrow’s Monday. If I’m not up early today, I’ll never get up tomorrow early.”

“I still can’t believe you’re a teacher.”

“I still can’t believe you aren’t,” I chuckled.

“Shut it. I’m getting there. Then we’ll be school teacher buddies.”

“Haha,” I laughed.

“You’re so nice to me,” I could hear the pout in her voice.

“I know!” I grinned, “That’s why you love me, dear.”

“Ew, I don’t love you. I just put up with you.”

I gasped in mock hurt. “Excuse the fuck out of you! I won’t be your friend anymore then.”

“Okay.”

“Fine then. Wanna hang out today? If you’re free?”

She laughed. “Okay. I’ll pick you up soon. Don’t piss around and be ready when I get there, damnit.”

“Alright. I can’t promise you anything, but I’ll try.”

“That’s all I ask.”

We said our goodbyes, our see you soons and I shut my phone along with my sketchpad. She doesn’t need to see my drawings because she’ll just coo over them and tell me how amazing they are.
♠ ♠ ♠
This starts off slow, but I promise it gets better (or well, I think it does...)

I forgot a bit of formatting oops.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know.