Status: I'm getting back into it guys ♥ / Re-writing this so the beginning is more realistic

Learning the Ropes

06

“How come you stay in your class for so long?” he asked.

“It’s easier that way. Plus, that way I can plan lessons and I don’t have to do it in any other time.”

“Ahh. Smart man. I wish I was that organised.”

“It’s hard to be organised in English.”

He nodded, “way. What do you teach?”

“Art. Some students tend to do it for a piss take,” I rolled my eyes.

“That is true, in your subject. But with English, most of them have to do it because the school makes ‘em. So they just cause trouble like fucking idiots.”

I laughed. “Honestly, a lot of kids at that school are complete dumbasses. It’s made worse by a lot of the staff too.”

“What staff?” he asked.

“Uhhh...all but you and I.”

“Yeah, I can see why they’d be like that.”

“Yeah. They’re rather closed minded for such a large town. But that’s all I’m saying for now.”

“What are you trying to say?”

I shook my head. “N-nothing.”

I shouldn’t have said anything, I thought.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded my head vigorously.

“Okay. What’s your name?”

“Mitchell. You?”

“Ryder,” he replied.

___

For the remainder of the weekend, my mind barely strayed from Ryder. I thought about him during the day, I dreamed about him at night and during the day, I drew him or parts of him. I’m in way too deep into him, already. And I met him just a week ago. I need to put the brakes on, I thought, this is going way too fast. In two months, I’ll be broken again if I keep letting it go this fast. I need to pull my walls back up.

___

On Monday morning, I went back to my usual route and avoided going past his classroom. Even though every fibre of my being urged me to walk past him and stare at him for fifteen minutes. But no. I can’t do that. No matter how much I might want to. I have to look after me, no matter how much that hurts my relationships with a good-looking guy like Ryder. When I got to my classroom, I forced a smile at the kids that were eagerly waiting to be let in early. But I didn’t speak to them yet. My voice seemed to have disappeared again.

At the first break, I leaned my head down on the desk I sat at, pressed my face on the cold desk surface and silently wished that things could just be easy. I wish I could let my walls down and not get hurt. I wish I could be confident about wanting somebody of his calibre; I am a mouse, he’s a majestic eagle. I wish. I wish. I wish. A small sigh escaped from my lips. I put my head up as I heard somebody come into the room. Who came in wasn’t somebody I expected. Ryder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, I'm really bad at updating. It's not that I don't have chapters to post (I do), I just dunno...I'm kinda thinking of re-writing this. Yes? No? Maybe?

Also, Mitchell and Ryder just learned each other's names (which took them 6 chapters (which is the longest I've ever had any characters take to learn each others' names)).

♥ Hope you like it!