Status: I can't promise anything.

Stealing Glances

Music For Lovers and Heartbreakers— It's Our Story.

September 2015

Jamison Song was known for her work inside the studio—producing and helping make records with artists and bands of various genres. She had spent over 10 years dedicating herself to the studio and helping musicians make the music they wanted to make.

However plenty of new accomplishments had happened for Jamison Song within the last year and a half. She had been musical director for Maroon 5 during their Europe leg for their “Overexposed” World Tour, a guest lecturer at South Cross University for their music department, and musical director for the hit series “The Voice Australia”.

But the biggest thing that happened was when she had come back to the states. She had one more thing to add to her resume—recording artist.

Jamison sat on the stool beside her close friend Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco as they had spent the afternoon co-hosting one of Fuse’s many countdowns together. It had been time to do a Q&A segment to promote Jamison’s recent release and much to her luck, she had a friend to do this with instead of being outside of her element completely alone with no one to help her.

“So, let’s go do the interview portion, just act how you guys act usually around each other. Do what you guys have been doing all afternoon, it’s been great.”

“I don’t we know how to act any other way around one another…” Brendon said fiddling with the index cards of questions he had been giving to ask while smirking over at Jamison who was trying to hold back a smile.

“Perfect.” Samuel, one of the producers said, as he went behind the camera. “We’ll start in… 3. 2. 1.” He pointed for them to begin.

“Hi, I’m Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco” Brendon began, as he looked straight into the camera with his infamous smile. ”And I’m here talking with my friend Jamison Song.” He looked over at Jamison as the interview had been set up so the two were having a conversation with one another.

“I think you’re pushing it when you call us friends…” She said sarcastically with a sheepish chuckle.

Brendon laughed shaking his head in agreement before looking straight into the camera. “We’re ‘friends’ with air quotes around it. I actually hate her.” He said, as he air quoted “friends” and shook his head in mock distaste at Jamison, causing her to chuckle.

“After all these years the truth finally comes out.”

“No, but honestly we’re here with Fuse and they’ve given me the responsibility to ask these important questions.” He held up the stack of index cards with Fuse’s logo upon them.

“Bring it on Urie.” She gestured for him to come at her with the questions that were in his hands.

“We’ve known each other for many years. You actually helped produce our first record. What was your first impression of me?” He asked, while glancing at the card then looking at her curiously wondering her answer.

Jamison thought for a moment as she tried to repress a smile, “Can I be honest?” She asked with a sheepish chuckle.

“Have you not been thus far?” He teased, clutching his chest in mock hurt. “No, but go ahead now I’m curious…”

“I thought you had really nice lips and I really wanted to put lipstick on them.” She admitted bursting out into hysterical laughter.

Brendon looked at her in complete disbelief before also going into a hysterical fit of laughter. “Seriously?!” He looked at her in complete shock.

“You got a nice pair of puckers Urie. You can’t get that with surgery.” She said half-jokingly with an assuring look upon her face.

“Take that ladies.” He smiled, looking straight into the camera causing Jamison to laugh hysterically once more. He threw the index card over his shoulder. “Alright next question… I always thought you were uber talented and had a great voice. So why the hell did it take you so long to make an album?!” He shouted as he stared at her in mock anger.

“I had nothing to say until now…” She chuckled sheepishly as Brendon just smirked at her uneasy demeanor. “I don’t know. I never know how to answer this question…” She laughed while motioning her hand for Brendon to go onto to the next question.

Brendon threw the index card over his shoulder. “Next question. What’s your favorite song off the album?” He asked, “You better say the one I did drums on.” giving her a smirk as she laughed.

“’Runaway’ is a good one.” She agreed, and then began thinking for a moment. “I don’t know… I hate picking favorites.”

“Cop out answer, next question.” He teased, throwing the index card behind him and reading the next one. “When are we going on tour together?” He asked looking at her with a smirk.

At this point Jamison was wondering if any of the questions were actually on any of the index cards.

“Are you inviting me on tour?”

“Yes. Next question…” He threw the index card over his shoulder as he tried to hold back a smile. “Who is your favorite Panic! member? If it isn’t me, I don’t care and your answer is invalid.” He looked at her with a straight face causing her to stifle a laugh.

“Uh…” She averted her gaze from Brendon and let out a sheepish laugh causing Brendan to give her a “you asshole” smile before throwing the index card over his shoulder along with the other ones that were scattered all over the floor.

“You took too long, your answer is invalid. Next question—you’re about to embark on your first tour with Butch Walker and Brendan Benson. Do you have any ideas for tour pranks?”

“Those are secrets… but I do have a few in mind.” Jamison smiled nodding her head while giving the camera a sneaky glance.

“Does it involve silly string?”

“Maybe.” She shrugged nonchalantly as Brendan threw the card over his shoulder.

“Next question—oh look, we’re out of questions. So, I guess this is the end.” He threw his empty hands up before looking straight into the camera. I’m Brendon Urie, this is Jamison Song—get her album, ‘Your Favorite Song’ which is out now!” He pulled her next to him as they smiled for the camera before breaking out into laughter cause of Brendon’s cheesy delivery.

“That’s a wrap.” Samuel yelled, as he and the rest of the crew gave a round of applause for the two.

Jamison and Brendon got up from their seats and began taking off the lapel microphones that were on their clothes.

“You’re insane. I love you.” Jamison said chuckling, as she pulled Brendon into a tight hug.

“The feeling is mutual baby girl.” He kissed her temple before they began walking off the set.

“You guys did an amazing job. This is going to be a breeze to edit.” Samuel said praising and looking happily at the two for the footage they had given him.

“Thanks.” Jamison smiled sheepishly as Brendon looked at her in pleased with how she handled his ridiculous punches on camera.

The two walked into the green room and plotted onto the couches across from each other while waiting for wardrobe to come in and bring back their clothes they had worn to the studio.

“So how does it feel having a successful album and being part of the divas club with me?” Brendon asked, with a playful smug look upon his face.

“I don’t know…” Jamison responded, giving a sheepish chuckle as she ran her hand through her hair.

“It’s hard to believe it took you over 10 years to have something to say…” He looked at her with much wonder realizing it had been 10 years since they had first met one another.

Jamison took in Brendon’s words as her thoughts began to wander off. She was in complete astonishment with herself and her newest endeavor. She always had vowed she would never been in the position she was currently in. But things had changed and it was solely due to one reason.

“Who knew one person could give me all the words I needed, to say what I wanted to say?” She said, giving a weak smile as she felt her heart sting a bit.

---------------

John O’Callaghan had kept himself busy for the last year and half, he disliked being alone with his thoughts. It would only lead to a train of thoughts that lead to a million questions with a million different answers for each one. Basically—it was a never-ending state of mind, and he didn’t enjoy that. So he had immersed himself in many different things—side projects, tour, more tour, and he even took up golf. But he had been neglecting the growth of his baby—The Maine.

It had been over 2 years since “Forever Halloween” had been released and The Maine hadn’t been resting much since then, they had been touring for most of that time. But truth be told, it had been over 2 years since the release of Forever Halloween… and that wasn’t like them.

“Guys, I get the creative process thing. I do… but what is up with not even giving me hope that we’ll have material for the next full-length?” Tim asked, as he and the band sat around the 8123 office having their usual band meeting.

“We’re tapped out right now…” Kennedy defended, as Garrett who sat beside him nodded in agreement. “We’ve been touring… and touring.”

“We can’t tour on the Imaginary EP and “Forever Halloween” anymore. You guys, use the 8123 studio to work on—whatever you need to do. But I really hope you guys get inspired sooner or later. As much as I love all the side projects and EP’s—people are getting antsy about The Maine. Angry young girls are not something that I enjoy dealing with. They are scary and mean… really mean.” Tim gave each of the guys looks of panic from his latter comment causing them to chuckle.

John sighed looking at his fellow members, “I guess we'll have to look through the archives…”

“Do what you need to do…” Tim looked at John, “But I think it’s time we quit stalling.”

After the brutally honest meeting that John hadn’t anticipated. He had went to the 8123 studio and just sat and mulled over what Tim had said, was he really stalling?

“You okay man?” Jared asked, as he walked into the studio and took a seat across from John.

“Yeah…” John nodded. “Just thinking…”

“That’s either a good thing or bad thing…” Jared joked, letting out a sheepish chuckle.

“I never thought we were stalling.” John shrugged. “I guess I hadn’t realized with all the other stuff we've been doing.”

“Usually, you’ve got ideas lined up once we’re back from tour or are writing constantly while we’re on tour… it hasn’t been that way in awhile.”

“I guess I’ve got a bad case of writer’s block.”

“This writer’s block thing seems worse than ever—I’m more worried now more than ever for you.” He admitted with a look of concern on his face. “Since when are you a person with nothing to say?” He asked curiously.

John got lost in his thoughts for a moment trying to think of an answer till the sting in his heart reminded him.

“Who knew one person could take all the words I needed, to say what I wanted to say?”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: What?! Already 30 subscribers with no chapter up? Insane. I don’t believe it! Anyways, this is the start of it… life after one another. Let’s see how this goes. Whooo. As always, feedback is welcome but not required (but I’d be stoked if you did!). A special thanks to the girl who was with me since the beginning and always left her feels and thoughts—everdeen. You are quite the human being…

I make no promises for this being any good (as I did with MHFYH) but let's see where this goes...