Status: All done!

The Webs We Weave

21

Beverly Miller. Bitch extraordinaire.

But she was a bitch with a bit of a point. Ricky could have calmed down for half a second and explained what the hell went on that night. And really, it was almost five months ago, you'd think he'd be over it. I agreed with Bev, but Chris still looked a little put off.

"I don't know what to think. I feel like he's trying to be mature but this was... Too much for him."

"Dude! I fucked you like five months ago. I am sure he's had plenty of sex with you since then, he can calm his dick and get off my tits." Beverly said with the attitude head swivel and all.

"He's trying. You know he is Ang. He's trying for me and now more than ever he's trying for you. He's been handling a lot of shit really well. This is one time out of quite a few other instances."

I stared at Chris, not believing what I was hearing. "Dude, this was an ACTUAL moment where he could have manned up to act like an adult. This isn't about changing the channel from Disney to Discovery, this is an actual grown up situation that he could have dealt with instead of running away from it."

Chris sighed and put his head in his hands. I wanted to feel where he was coming from but the way I saw it, Beverly and I were right and he was in denial over Ricky's actions. I was starting to like the kid, I really was but his tiny little "grown up" steps were beginning to slip behind and now this... I just didn't know if I could stick around that.

"I can't do it." I said, looking at Chris. "I can't keep putting up with this shit when you reward him for the tiniest little things he does to pretend to be mature and then write it off when he blows a chance to REALLY try. I feel like we're consoling a two year old with him and I can't take it anymore."

"Hey, you dramatic sack of black hair dye." Beverly said to me. "Your little bitch boy is coming back this way." My eyes widened and I was shocked as fuck. The look of determination on this kids face... "The little girl came back!" Beverly said laughing and clapping as Ricky walked in the front door. She meant it to be a joke but Ricky's face flashed annoyance for a second. He would have to get used to that. Beverly wasn't one for sparing anyone's feelings.

"Everyone just needs to be quiet and let me say what I have to say."

"Speak, O' Tiny One." Beverly said, sitting back in her spot on the couch. I couldn't help but laugh, Beverly was a funny girl when she wasn't being a bitch.

"I'm sorry. It's as simple as that. It wasn't exactly that I was pissed, more so extremely uncomfortable. I shouldn't have walked out though. I shouldn't have come into your home with that sort of attitude. Especially over something he nor you can remember. Especially when I gave up a pretty damn good chance to prove myself."

I was impressed with the kid, he actually came back to be an adult about this. And even though he left, coming back proved a level of maturity that I didn't think he had. I still had half a mind to say I was done with all of this, but for now I kept my mouth shut.

He walked over to Beverly and held his hand out to her. "We've never spoken to each other like normal human beings, so allow me to properly introduce myself, Richard Olsen III."

"The Third? So there's an older more handsome Richard?" I saw Ricky's body stiffen at the mention of his father.

"Don't talk about that." Chris practically shouted. "Not good. Abusive dick. No."

Beverly just nodded. "I know the pain. I'm sorry."