Status: were will this go? on progress

The Art of Creation

Chapter One

I had been scribbling and lazily sketching things on my worn out notebook for an hour now. I was hoping to leave school early that day, since i was too sick to even attempt to go to P.E. Now I was sitting at the wooden tables were people actually ate and hung out at breaks, completely alone with the only exception of the few pigeons eating crumbles of bread in the distance. Just thinking in this exact moment I could be at my house, sleeping in my comfortable bed made me want to punch myself for being stupid and coming at school when i subconsciously knew I would end up here.

My right leg went up and down as i tapped my foot against the the floor while I surfed through the songs in my phone. the time read 2:58. I wasn’t allowed to leave until 4. that only meant i would be stuck here with a lonely spoon lying on the ground for another hour.

I sighed loudly tossing my cellphone aside and slammed my head against the table, cursing myself for still being here.

At least my plans of getting drunk by myself in my room while I watched batman weren’t ruined -yet.

I knew that it was lame. I didn’t care. I really should start talking to more people, just god knew where my friends Christian and Jinxx where. Though they were probably running and sweating under the sun at the school fields, just like any other sophomore.

At least I’m not there.

I groggily raised my head from my notebook and looked around. The bell went off and the school grounds were quickly filled by the animated chattering of dozens of eight graders.

At least they’re smart enough to avoid me, the tall figure, scrunched up over a notebook, wearing black clothes, combat boots and a hoodie under the heat of the last days of summer, seeming to be hungover as fuck.

I seated still -wanting them to dissipate so badly- in a daze until a stupid kid tripped with the table and accidentally spilled the soda can which had been innocently sitting next to me.

fucking hell.

the cold sugar-free liquid fell over the table dripping all over my hoodie. the kid ran away, his cheeks red as soon as he saw my angered expression.

Fucker” I almost yelled after him.

I got up, taking my backpack from the floor and tossing the notebook -which was gladly dry- inside of it, not caring about the soda can of which I’d only had a few sips, hurrying to the toilets.

Once I finished cleaning my hoodie -not that i really cared- I glanced at my phone, which had been forgotten on a sink. checking the hour i came to the realization that in twenty minutes i would be able to leave.

Inside the bathroom the heat was unbearable. I put my cold hand against my forehead raising my black bangs and peeked at the mirror.

Oh well, I looked like crap.

Blue icy eyes peeked back, the pale flesh was even paler from being ill, i had almost none makeup on; just some eyeliner from yesterday.

I pathetically dragged my feet out of the oven i was in towards the reception, were i would finally ask for my pass and leave as soon as the inspector let me.

I just wanted to get drunk and have a smoke -or three.

I muttered a “thank you” as someone held the glass door for me without really raising my eyes from the empty desk where the receptionist should be.

“whatever” the guy who let me in replied and I almost didn’t hear him. I was too busy inspecting the desk as if the lady who was always there would magically appear.

Literally, I had never seen the desk empty before, and the only day I needed her to be there she fucking wasn’t.

Fuck my life.

I groaned frustrated and plopped myself down on one of the two small sofas; them being too small for my long ass legs. At least it was chilly inside of that room due to the air conditioner.

I heard someone chuckle next to me then.

“You’re too big for that damn chair.” an unknown voice stated.

The comment wasn’t completely swallowed by my brain though, instead it just kept floating inside my head.

Too big? Like what the fuck, big? Did that mean tall?

I turned around to find the guy who opened the door for me -I assume- sitting on the other sofa, smirking faintly, looking at his boots.

I guess I could say he was quite similar to me. I'd seen him a few times at breaks before. He wore black cowboy boots, skinnies and a misfits tee. His dark hair fell flatly down his slightly muscular shoulders.

“Buy me a bigger chair then.” I replied, still kind of angry and frustrated for being stuccoed there -I really wanted a smoke by then.

And again, that damn big word, this time i used myself to describe something that would fit me better.

“I would rather spend my money on other things” he lifted his head and we made visual contact. he was still faintly smirking.

“well, so keep your goddamned mouth shut then.”

And as in a cue, the receptionist came back, with a mug of steaming tea.

I almost tripped with my long -big- nearly falling and earning another chuckle from the guy.

Just shut the fuck up please.

“Hello ma’am, may I get my pass please?” i questioned her.

“Of course! I’m sorry I took so long, i couldn’t find sugar anywhere,” she turned on the screen of her computer, “what’s your name?”

“Andrew Biersack,” I spelled my surname for her and waited while she tipped the pass. I just put my arms over the counter and rested my head there.

“What can I do for you Ashley?” she asked looking at the guy which apparently had the name of a girl.

“Would you please give me my pass?” Ashley said sounding closer than he was before. So I assumed he stood up.

“Sure thing.” she handed me a piece of paper while he wrote his name on another paper slip “there you go Andrew”

“Thank you Myriam” Ashley politely thanked the lady.

I was already walking to the entrance, searching for my pack of cigarettes in my backpack.

I sighed as I realized I hadn’t brought my lighter with me.

today was officially not my day.

I went to the bus stop and took a seat as I heard boots clicking against the pavement. Ashley sat next to me scrolling down on his phone.

there were almost no cars on the street and the side of the road we were at was completely covered in the shadow of the of the oaks from our school. It made the heat go considerably down and there were some clouds nearing the sun.

Ashley sighed besides me and out his phone away in his pocket.

there was a man approaching the bus stop, he was probably aiming to catch the bus -though the bus wouldn’t be here in probably another thirty minutes.

the man took a cig from behind his ear and lighted with a match.

I swear my eyes beamed as i reached for a fag and asked him if he could hand me some fire.

Ashley looked over at me as i lighted my cigarette and took a long and comforting drag. Under the effects of nicotine I was finally a little more relaxed and now everything was someway better.

“You shouldn’t smoke, Andy”

my name rolled off his tongue incredibly smoothly.

“I don’t care Ash” I shortened his name. “Do you have any money?”

“A few bucks.” he was staring at me.

“Buy me some coffee then”

“O-kay” he stood up without looking at me and I followed him.

I followed Ashley down the street until we reached a gas station, the weather had seemed to change a little as the grey clouds were slowly filling the sky and the sun wasn't visible anymore. we had walked in silence while he had been humming a song i didn't recognize. there was a drugstore and a small shop.

there was a car parked outside and and I could hear someone yelling on the phone.

"How do you like your coffee?"

"Black?"

he chuckled again and then smirked, "sure"

"Oh, and buy me a lighter" i yelled after him before he closed the door.

I finished my cig taking the last drags and stomping it out on the pavement. I searched for another one before Ashley came back.

Once he appeared he threw me a red bic-lighter. He handed me the coffee and I took a few sips from it.

"I thought you'd rather spend your money on other things" I eyed him and it was my time to smirk. he had a granola bar in his hands he probably just bought.

"I wont buy a bigger couch so you can fit in our school's reception." he said simply chewing on his granola bar. "But I'll buy you coffee anytime you ask, doll face"

Cool.

though he used again that fucking 'big' word It still bothered me. I don't now why it kept bugging me.

We rode the bus together and he got off one stop before me. interesting.

Once inside my house I went to the kitchen aiming to find something i could eat. I opened the fridge and didn't really felt like eating any of the crap inside of it.

Groaning I pulled a carton of cheap wine out of it and tried to hush the grumbling in my stomach with two gulps of the sweet liquid.

I lighted a cigarette with the lighter Ash had bought me without bothering to open the windows. I fell on my bed with the computer over my lap putting Batman on. But before being able to relax I opened Google dictionary on another tab and googled the word that had been bothering me since I sat next to Ashley on the reception.

/Big/
1. Of considerable size, number, quantity, magnitude, or extent; large.

Fucking meanings.

Having a few more gulps of the carton of wine i rested my head back and watched the movie without being able to really concentrate on it -not that i didn't new every line by heart.

The voice of Ashley kept ringing in my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So well, this is my first Andley fic published in this site. comment, subscribe and rec. i would appreciate that. i guess i have this sketched on my mind but it's not that clear yet. it might end up having 10 or something chapters.

well, if you feel like it has any error please message me, i'll be glad fixing it.