That Last Kiss I'll Cherish

One

I stared at the just fallen night sky. Stars laid scattered here and there. It was like my favorite painting, Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh. I was pulled from gazing to look at my best friend, Derrick.

"I can't believe your moving to America of all places," Derrick, whined out, "Your bloody butt belongs in Ireland."

I gave him a sheepish smile, "Ha, don't think I know I'm Irish?"

As if on cue my mum walked out onto the deck where we were, "Dinner you two."

We hopped to our feet and into the door seating ourselves at the table. My dad already seated at the head sipping down some milk. My mum started to bring in the food; Stew, buttered bread, and diced apples. One of my favorites.

Once my mum was seated at the other end of the table we all started to help ourselves. Derrick, sneezed and his face landed in his plate. When he brought his head up, you couldn't see his face, because it was covered with a piece of buttered bread. When it fell off a load, sweeak noise echoed around the now quiet room.

My dad started to roar with laughter while my mom quietly giggled behind her hands. I couldn't breath from myself laughing. Derrick looked utterly embarrassed as if he rather be on any other planet then in this very room.

Once we all hushed down dinner began once again. While my mum and dad discussed the move, I flashed Derrick my I-have-a-question look. He responded with a well-ask-it look. I dank a sip of my apple juice and took a deep breath.

"Mum? Dad?"

"Yes?" They said both turning to look at me.

I looked at Derrick before I spoke, "I was wondering could I have a sleep over?"

Derrick's eyes went from being a pale green to a vibrant yellow. My parents on the other hand were a bit confused.

"Well sure you can have a sleep over, but Lily with who?" My mum's high pitched voice sang.

I glanced at Derrick and her eyes followed, "Um with, Derrick."

My mum and dad exchanged glances which were broken by Derrick's voice, "Remember I'm gay."

I couldn't help but to giggle over the matter. I just asked my parents if I could have a sleep over with a guy and that guy just reminded them he was gay.

"Well I don't really have a problem with it as odd as that sounds." My dad looked at me saying it. Then glanced to my mum.

She gave Derrick a half hearted smile, "Nor do I."

"Sweet! Hey Der you better call your mum and teller I'm kidding napping you for the night."

He started to crack up as did my parents. My first sleep over with a guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so now the best chapter, but seriously its 1:20am and have been at trying to write my first chapter for days now.

After all the trouble of my computer's cord being pulled out or my web browser xing its self off or my wireless internet loosing its connection, this is the best I can come up with.

Hopefully it was just a simple, fine. Comments are gladly welcomed good or bad.

Thanks for reading,
Farvel for evigt