That Last Kiss I'll Cherish

Five

My mom was gently shaking me to wake up. I must have fallen asleep while I was crying cause the sun was long gone.

"Hun, dinners done. Come on."

I followed her down the stairs and into the dinning room. I looked into all the passing rooms and I could tell what my parents had been doing all day. It was easy to tell what rooms were; Living room, Den, Pool table, Office, Computer room, and my Dad's library of Medical books.

When I walked into the dinning room it was dressed the same as home. I took my normal seat not feeling to hungry.

"How do you like the new house so far?" My dad's voice muffledly said from behind his glass of milk.

I was in the middle of pushing my peas back and forth building a fort out of my mashed potatoes, "Its okay."

My mum and dad exchanged worried looks and it was really uncomfortable.

"Can I be excused please?"

This caused another worried look exchange and my mum let out a long sigh and shook her head 'yes'. I pushed my chair away, taking my glass and my plate into the kitchen. I put the glass in the fridge and I dumped my dinner into a container and left it in the microwave.

"She don't look to happy." My mum whispered.

"I know. Did you see the way she pushed around her food? She does that when something bothers her. I don't think is because of the move tho, she seemed really excited." My dad horse whispered back.

"I think it is tho. You saw what happened when Derrick spent the night. They both had a break down that afternoon and then he ran behind the car yelling, "Don't go." and she yelled back, "I don't want to." She misses home and she misses her friends." My mum's words made me cry and I ran to my room looking for the box marked with roses.

I found it by the closet door and drug around till I found my knife. I pressed my back to the wall and counted.

One for the move.
Two for the pain.
Three for the tears.
Four for the packing.
Five for the cutting.
Six for the plane.
Seven for not stopping.
Eight for America.
Nine for leaving home.
Ten for Der.

After I counted I dragged the knife across my wrist. As the blood pooled out the pain started to go. I did it again this time deeper. The pain was falling away. One more time and I herd a scream then I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So?