That Last Kiss I'll Cherish

Six

I woke up in the hospital. My mum's head laid by my right thigh and my dad's by my left. Their hands were holding mine and each others. Distress was all over their faces.

"Mum? Dad?" My voice was dry and crackly like I hadn't spoken in days. My whole body was stiff like I hadn't moved in a long while.

Slowly my mum's eyes opened and came to meet mine, "She's awake. She's awake."

My dad's eyes flew open and he looked so happy. He smiled his crooked smile and I was half expecting it wouldn't reach his eyes, but it did.

My mum left to go hunt down a nurse to let them know I woke up. My dad kept on smiling and saying, "Thank the Lord."

When my mom returned she was followed by a doctor and two nurses. The doctor wanted to talk to my parents in private and everyone knows thats not good. The nurses came over to me and checked my heart beat and made sure I was okay.

"Um excuse me? Do either of one of you know why I am here?" I looked at them both as I spoke. One was tell with orange hair and blue eyes and the other was a guy with hair that was crazy. It was like he rolled out of bed through on some clothes and came to work.

The female nurse answered me, "Well Suga, them cuts made your body go into over ride, shutting down to heal its self."

"How long have I been here?"

The male nurse answered me this time, "Oh lets see you came in on a Friday," He counted on his fingers, "Just about two weeks. Seems like you did a lot of harming to your self. Cuts on your legs, all down your arms, and even a few on your stomach. You really hurt yourself."

After he finished talking my parents came back in both with that distressed look on their faces like they did before they woke up.

The doctor came back in and walked right over to me. He was scary, but nice at the same time. His cheeks were covered in freckles and he had gray eyes with silver-blue hair, "Dr. Saspr," he extended his hand and I took it, "Nice to finally see you up Miss. Lily. How are you feeling?"

"Sore and my throat hurts." It sounded more like I said, 'Whore and tis boat flirts.' It was really funny to him.

"Ah well that'll pass once you eat and move around. Now do you know why your here?" He stopped laughing and became serious. Whoa mood swing much?

"Yeah I know." I looked down at the white blanket and started to fiddle with it.

"Lily, you know its not a good thing to do. If you feel the need to harm yourself then talk to someone. Doing this can seriously hurt you as you can clearly see. You were lucky your woke up after all that your put yourself through. With that luck make yourself better. Find other things to do if you ever feel the urge. Okay?"

I stopped fiddling and looked at this person that knew nothing about me. His words made me feel better like I was truly lucky and i should make myself try harder and not let his take over me. I nodded my head, 'yes.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit goes to Dr. Charles my old counselor, for his words. Dr. Saspr is basesed off a real person just a name change y'know?
This chapter goes out to; Why Do You Blame Me?

Thanks for reading,
A