That Last Kiss I'll Cherish

Seven

I was released from the hospital and had to go to therapy. On the drive home my parents talked about how school would be starting in a week and that Der called about a hundred times. Nobody mentioned the hospital or the cuts and I wasn't about to bring it all up.

When we pulled into the drive way a shinny silver car was parked. While I sat starting at it trying to figure out why the dealer stickers where still plastered to the window. My dad pulled out a set of keys and tossed them over to me. They missed my hands landing on the asphalt, as I went to pick them up all I could think was, "This is my car." I must have been holding a shocked face because my dad started to laugh.

"I thought you might like to drive yourself. Don't you high schoolers like freedom?" He paused ad looked at the car, "If you don't like it then we can most certinlly take it back and you can choose one that you want."

I walked slowly over to him and embraced him in a hug, his arms wrapped around me and he ruffled my hair, "Dad, I love it, but why did you get me a car after the hell I put you though?"

He laughed a little and then became very serious, "Your mother and I feel as tho this is our fault. You didn't want to move away from your home to a unfamiliar place. We made you pack and watched you fall into pieces we shouldn't have done that. We knew you were going to do something the problem was what; getting drunk, start smoking, cutting, running away, anything at all to show you hated the whole thing. And well you did. I wanted to get you a car to show you freedom. Your mother and I are very sorry."

I was confused and still wobbly from the pain killers. This wasn't my parents fault it was all mine. I knew when something was to much and I kept going like it was a game. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't set the blade aside.I buried my face in my dads chest and tried to relax. I could fix this I could do this all over; stop, rewind, replay. My dad patted my back, "Its okay. Its okay."

I nodded and we all went inside. My mum dashed for the kitchen and came back carrying a block of letters all addressed to me. A smile creaked onto my face. My friends had written to me. I felt tears weld up and my chest got tight. I had to find a Post Office for stamps and envelops. I went upstairs to finally unpack and read the letters. As i walked the brown steps the third one from the top creaked. A relaxing wave crashed over me. This was my knew home.

I walked to my room not paying attention and nearly tripped over this big white box in front of my door. I shoved it in and began to unload. I hung up clothes, placed posters nicely on the wall ,and stuck up pictures. I stood back to admire my work when that same white box caught my eye. I picked it up and set it on the bed. It was addressed to me and was heavy. When I got it open inside was a million packing peanuts. after digging around for years I came to a velvety bag. Pulling out revealed a box inside made of wood. It was a jewelry box covered by a crushed velvet bag the color of the setting sun against the black wood.

A note was inside:

Lily,

I want to start off telling how much I miss you. You were and will forever be my best. You understood who I was and still loved me for it. I don't care what anyone says you are the most important thing to me.
I started working on this jewelry box awhile back and finished it the day after you moved. In the second compartment is some pieces I made for you.
Will you please come back soon or can I come to visit you? I miss you terribly.

Love always,
Der

Sliding open the second compartment I found all sorts of bracelets and necklaces holding stones and dried flowers in glass tied into string. They were beautiful. Starking beauty from a gifted person; I missed my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long while. I honestly have no excuses why I didn't I just forgot about my computer. I wiped away a layer of dust before I got on. I've worked on the story so I'm going to update a chapter a day if I have time. I have four or so more chapters and then Lily shall be starting school.
Thank you for staying fateful and reading. It means a lot.

~Ava