Status: Stars can't shine without darkness.

Stella

Chapter 1

“What do you mean you’re leaving?”
“You heard me. I’m moving out!”
“You can just leave us kitten! You are a part of this family.”
“I haven’t been a part of this family for a few years. And you know exactly why mother!” I said getting louder.
“Is this about John and Eric? You should be happy that I accepted that you don’t like the new man and his son by my side.”
“NO! YOU ACCEPTED THAT THEY MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL! DON’T YOU DARE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR FAMILY! DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAVEN’T NOTICE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO ME!”
“Honey calm down. You’re overacting.”
“Are you serious? All the scars, the bloody noses and lips, the bruises all over my body! Do you still think that they are from falling down the stairs and shit?”
“WATCH YOU MOUTH YOUNG LADY! THEY WOULD NEVER RAISE THEIR HANDS AGAINST YOU!”
“That’s exactly what I’m talking about. You trust him instead of me. But I’m your daughter! Do you hear me? I’m your freaking daughter and you believe him, out of all people you believe him rather than your own daughter!”
“You’re not my daughter anymore, if you walk out of this house right now! Do you hear me Stella?! If you want to leave me and my family then go ahead. But don’t you dare coming back.”
“You said it yourself. It’s your family not mine.” and with that I turned around and left her. She didn’t move, at least I couldn’t hear her until I was about to open the door of my car. I turned around for a last time and saw her standing in the doorway.
“You changed Stella.” was all she said. This woman is insane I swear.
“You know what? Yes, I have changed. I’m not as nice as I used to be, because I don’t want to get used or walked over, I don’t trust everyone and tell them my secrets, because behind every fake smile is a backstabbing bitch. I distance myself from people because in the end, they’re only going to leave. I have changed because I have realized that I’m the only person I can depend on. Goodbye mother.” I said, slammed the door shut and drove off.
It was already dark as I arrived at Olivias house about half an hour later. She’s only person I truly trust. I’ve known her for a few years now. I don’t have that many friends, but I’m more than happy that I’ve got her. She’s the only person I told about my situation at home and she’s the only one who took it seriously. Olivia always told me that I’m more than welcome to stay with her and her family. It might sound strange but I always felt more home living with her family than with mine.
“You’re sure that you don’t want to eat anything before you go to bed?” Livs mom asked me.
“Thank you Carrie, but I’m not hungry.”
“Okay sweetheart. If you’ll get hungry later, there’s still something in the fridge.”
“Thank you.”
When I already left the kitchen she raised her voice again.
“Stella?”
“Yes?” I said, facing her again.
“I don’t know what happened back home but I’ve seen your blue and black marks and I saw you with a swollen eye a few weeks ago. I just want you to know that you can stay here as long as you want to, okay?” she said and embraced me with a hug.
“You don’t even know how much this means to me Carrie. Thank you so much.”
“I do baby. Trust me I do. I was in the same situation when I was at your age. And I always hoped for someone to get me out of there. Trust me I won’t let you got back there.”
Carrie is all everything my mom is not: caring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment below telling me if you like my story and whether I should continue writing it or not. Thank you loads! Line x.