Status: Coming Soon.

Polyamorous.

Take You Home.

I really didn't expect my father to give in that easily. He always been the same disgusting, stubborn bigot since I was fifteen. Believe it or not, before then he was actually an okay guy. Before mom died, he was actually a dad. He took me and Anaias out to baseball games, helped with homework, all of that. Then after mom passed, it's like a fuse in him snapped and I ultimately became the one he took his anger out on. I was the little punching bag and sadly, also the one that he used to satisfy his own sexual needs. I was fine with that as long as he never laid a hand on Anaias, but of course, everything had to go wrong at some point, right?

I'll never forget the day Anaias walked in on us and dad made him watch. He was only fourteen at the time, still young and impressionable. And after that day he was never the same; he was no longer safe. My dad took turns on us and sometimes we were even forced to be sexual together. My sweet, little brother turned into a hollow shell of a boy and even now, looking at him as we pack up what little he owns, I can tell that nothing at all has changed. He's still broken and I plan to do everything in my power to fix that. I want to bring him back to his old self, make him see that he doesn't have to be afraid anymore.

When we finish packing up his room, which happens to be more of mom's things than his own, we load up the car together. We still aren't talking, and there are still a few minutes to spare. I watch him as he stands in front on the house, arms crossed over his chest. He shakes his head before turning to me, big, brown eyes sadder than I've ever seen them.

"Are you ready to leave?" I ask him, opening the passenger side door.

"Yeah, let's go before he gets back."

I make sure he's settled in before I buckle myself in, start up the car, and head off onto the freeway. Anaias is quiet, as I expected, for the first few minutes of the ride. By the end of the first hour, he's asleep, head wedged in between his headrest and the window. I glance over at him every once in a while, watching his peaceful face as he sleeps. After driving for three hours, I realize I need to stop for gas and I pull over at the next gas station I see, which happens to be an old Shell station.

Parking in front of the pump, I cut off the engine, pop the gas tank and get ready to get out, but before I can, a hand shoots out and wraps itself around my bicep, shaking against my skin. I look over at Anaias, whose brown eyes are wide and dripping tears. "Oh, Ani. What's wrong?" I ask, leaning over the console and pulling him into a hug.

"I g-got scared, and when I woke, y-you were leaving. And I'm just.. Sorry," he whispers.

"Baby boy, please don't say sorry. Don't you be scared either, okay? I'm right here, and I just stopped for gas. I'm sorry that I didn't wake you and let you know. But you're safe, okay?" I pull back and look at him, swiping my thumbs underneath his eyes to pick up the little tear tracks there.

"It's okay. I'm okay. I just freaked out," He answers, taking a deep breath. "You can go get gas now, I'm fine."

I look at him skeptically before pulling back and reaching into my back pocket, grabbing the small wad of cash that's there. "Here, why don't you run inside and grab something to drink or snack on? We've still got about two hours left and Quenton should have dinner ready by the time we get there, but I don't want you to die of thirst or anything while we're on the road."

He cracks a smile and nods before we both get out of the car and head in our own directions. I'm done pumping gas before Anaias is finished inside, so I pull up to the door and wait for him patiently. He comes out with a small bag and he gets in, handing me the rest of the cash he didn't spend.

"All good?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he says, opening a bag of gummy worms and eating one, "I'm good."

~

The next hour goes by pretty easily. Anaias is quiet for the most part, just a few questions here and there. We're probably about a half hour away from my house when I hear him truly speak up.

"Callen?" He asks me.

"Yeah?" I respond.

"Why did you wait so long to come back for me? I was so broken when you left. I was so alone," he whispers, hands twiddling together in his lap.

I sigh, knowing deep down that I didn't take him with me because I loved him more than I should have. Not saying that leaving him with my father was a smart idea either, but I was afraid that I would do to him the same things my father did, and I couldn't risk that. But instead, I just tell him the partial truth. "Uhm, Quenton checked me into rehab six months after I left home. He wanted me to get better, from the trauma, before we took you in. I'd be no use to you, no help at all, if I was still wrapped up in everything that happened to me."

"I wish you at least would have written me. Or called, you know? You're my big brother. When you left, it was like I lost my blanket of security."

"I know, Ani," I sigh, using my old nickname for him. "I wish I would have too. But I'm here now and I'm going to do everything I can to make up for it, okay?"

"Promise me? You won't leave me again?" He says, eyes burning holes into my side.

I reach over and take his hand, squeezing it in an attempt to reassure him. "I promise, Ani. I'll never leave you again."

He seems content with that answer, small hand still clutching onto my own. Soon enough we're parked in the driveway and I'm helping him out of the car. When we're both outside of the vehicle, he latches onto me. His small arms wrap around my neck and he buries his face in my chest.

"I don't know how to feel right now. I want to hate you for leaving me there with him, but I can't. Because here you are, saving me. I just. Forgive me if I get angry sometimes, but know that I really am grateful," he whimpers.

"Oh, Ani," I whisper, kissing his soft black hair. "I love you. And you're safe. I know that you're going to be having mixed emotions, but it's okay. You'll sort them out on your own time."

We're just pulling out of the hug when Quenton steps out of the house. I tap Anaias' shoulder to get him to turn around, watching him with a smile on my face as he runs up to Quenton and gives him a big hug. After all, the two have gotten along super well ever since they first met four years ago.

"It's good to see you too, Anaias," I hear Quenton say. "Now, who's hungry?" Anaias blushes and as if on cue, his stomach growls, making Quenton and I laugh. "Well, come on you two. Let's eat and then we can bring some of Ani's stuff in, okay?"

I nod and smile, following both of my favorite people into the house. I can only hope that it gets better from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is edited now...
Please let me know if there are still any mistakes.
I will try to fix them ASAP.
Quenton is up next.
Uhmmm...
Yeah...
If you didn't gather before, you surely will now, this is going to contain incest as well.
Yikes.
Sorry, not sorry.
If you're reading this, drop a comment or something.
I write for my own pleasure, but I like when you guys let me know if it's up to par or not.
<3