Status: Complete

Shut Up & Fight Me!

One Shot

All the agent of SHIELD gathered around the table as Nick Fury waited for them all to be seated to begin with what was to happen over the course of their time. Natasha took a seat next to Clint while Captain and Clark sat on the opposite side of the table. Nick quickly look around at his agents deciding how this all would be laid out. What was the best approach for the next two missions? Until suddenly it came to him:
“This is how it is going to be. I have two missions that need to be handled with the upmost importance. I won’t be dealing with any bullshit. This is how it’s going: Romanoff and Captain will be put on this mission looking for a Russian secret agent while Barton and McGuinness will be stationed in England at the SHIELD base there to look further into Thor’s sudden reappearance a month ago. “
“Fury, can I be team with Cap? We work so much better as partners,” Clark questioned.
“I told you, I won’t be having any bullshit on the matter. I chose your partner and that is how it’s going to stay. You guys need to get used to working with different people. Now you’re dismissed.”
“Fine.” Clark groaned walking off toward the gym with Clint secretly on her tail.
---------------------------------------- Few Minutes Later-----------------------------------------------------------

The punching bag swung back and forth as Clark repeatedly abused it with pint up anger that was boiling inside her. How in the hell could Fury team her up with Clint? Why in the world would he have done that? She could have easily worked with Captain America but no. She was stuck with Birdman. Of all the SHIELD agents, she was stuck with the one man that she so badly wanted to be with yet so badly didn't want to be anywhere near.
A pair of emerald eyes watched intensely from a distance as Clark took out her frustration on the poor bag. If he was that bag, he would have already ran away from her with how hard she was torturing it but what he really didn’t understand was what was making her so mad. Was it the fact she had been teamed up with him? Hell he didn’t even understand why she would be so mad at him. He didn’t do anything to her that he could think of—or did he? The last time they teamed up was with Natasha in Budapest. That seemed to go perfectly alright –well at least in Natasha’s eyes. She wasn’t the one who ended up shot. He was going to get to the bottom of all this.
“Ever since Budapest you have been quite distant. Why?”
Clark gave a start as Clint suddenly spoke up. No one had ever snuck up on her like that, ever. She was impressed and angry simultaneously by how silent he could be when sneaking up. She always had the jump on everyone else but now the tables were turned completely.
“Why do you want to know?” Clark stated thrusting her hand onto her hip as she look up into the rafters to see Birdman making himself a comfy nest.
“We were partners once.”
“You want answer then beat me in a fight if you can Birdman.”
Clint jumped down from the rafter landing perfect in front of Clark with a smirk playing on his pouty lips.
“It’s Hawkeye,” Clint chuckled as he took a swing at Clark only for her to dodge then return the swing only missing Clint by an inch. As the fighting raged on, it seemed that both were quite evenly matched. Neither knew who was going to get the upper hand at any moment. Kicks were missed. A few were on target. Punches were dodged. Just a few blows were landed. Clint being the veteran saw an opportunity to end this fight and get to the very bottom of the problem. As Clark fought more, Clint could easily see that her frustration for him was taking over. Her punches and kicks became wilder as she grew more frustrated. Clint knew it was best to focus on her weak spot.
“Budapest was fun, wasn’t it?” Clint snickered noticing a little more anger on Clark but not a lot adding, “At least Natasha and you didn’t get shot.” Right at the very moment, Clark landed a perfect blow hitting Clint right in the face sending him back a few steps in surprise. It was Budapest that pissed her off he could tell now. It was Natasha and him.
“Shut up and fight me.”
Just as another blow from Clark was about to land on target, Clint caught her wrist sending her roughly to the ground with grunt of pain escaping from her lips from the impact. Clint fought against her wild blow as he capture her other wrist, pinning both above her head.
“Get off me! Damn it!”
“Not `til you tell me what’s wrong,” Clint spoke sternly.
“Screw you.”
“Answer me!” Clint yelled.
Taking by surprise at Clint sudden outburst of anger, Clark quit fighting against Clint only to relax herself. That didn’t seem to help make Clint let her go. No, he wasn’t going to let her go until she gave him some answers. Clark didn’t want to but she had been defeated. He won. Now she had to tell him everything against her better judgment.
“In Budapest, I needed your help. I was out numbered; 8 to 1. I called for you but no you ran to Natasha’s aid instead,” Clark said dryly.
“She was defusing a bomb. I had to help her. If I didn’t, we all would be dead.”
“Clint, you don’t get it. Every time I need your help you always choose Natasha instead. It’s always Natasha. She is just so perfect. Perfect body, perfect hair, perfect everything. Perfect soldier,” Clark said still rambling on about everything she thought about Natasha as it all was becoming quite clear to Clint. Clark was in love with him. She thought that Natasha and he were together. This whole time she had been avoiding him or being sassy to him was because he had hurt her when he didn’t even realize it. This whole time she thought he wanted Natasha when that was far from the truth.
He always wanted her, Clark. He had been in love with her the first moment she walked on to the helicarrier. That why he tried to distance himself from her. He didn’t want to see her get hurt or be the reason she did get hurt. Now he was the reason. He was the reason she was hurt. He remembered like yesterday that moment he saw her walk aboard. He knew it was love at first sight. The way her golden hair shone so brightly. The way her bluish green eyes would radiate tints of gold only in the summer light. The way her gentle smile made everyone around her smile. The way she held her self so quiet and composed yet so deadly and fierce beneath the core.
“She is everything. I am not…”
“Shut up,” Clint demanded as his lips landed upon hers in the gentlest manner stopping her from rambling on any more about Natasha. This is what he wanted. He didn’t need anything else but this. Clint realized Clark’s hand’s had escaped from his hold as they found their way around his neck pulling him closer to her only to deep the kiss between them.
“Clark, I always stay away from you because I was afraid that if something happen to you, I would lose it. I never meant to hurt you myself.”
“No more talking.” Clark giggled flipping Clint onto his back as she straddled him adding, “Show me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope u enjoyed this one shot. Please Comment