Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

Still Into You

Waking up the next morning proved to be difficult. All night I had dreamed about Alex and how he kissed me. Some dreams went further than a kiss and I would wake up hot. I tossed and turned so much that the blanket was on the floor. And if that wasn’t bad enough, I even had a nightmare about my dad. I sat up reluctantly and groaned. Alex had kissed me last night and now I was confused about my feelings for him and for Jack. I really liked Jack, but he couldn’t make me feel those butterflies with his kisses. Alex summoned a zoo within me and the animals rampaged inside of my stomach.

“Kat, are you awake?” I jumped at Alex’s voice coming through the door. Did he have to talk to me now? Why couldn’t he avoid me again? Maybe I should avoid him.

“Yeah, come in.” I said, cursing at myself mentally. He opened the door and walked into the room. He sat on the foot of the bed and smiled at me. His smile was like the perfect topping to an ice cream sundae. It was warm and friendly, not half assed and meaningless. His eyes scanned over me and I wanted to melt.

“So, about yesterday..” Alex trailed off. I held my breath. Here it comes; the part where he tells me it was a mistake and that it won’t ever happen again. I didn’t want that to happen, but why wasn’t I cheering for this to happen? “I know you’re with Jack, but I just can’t stop thinking about you. No matter what I’m doing, you are on my mind Katherine.”

“Alex..” I looked at him. “What are you saying?”

“I like you, Katherine. I really do, the way Jack does.” The zoo came back when he said that and in that moment, Jack didn’t matter. I know that sounds awful, but in that moment it was just Alex and I. You would think that I’d still be crying over what happened to my mom, but Alex took over and I cursed him for it. “But you’re with Jack and I can’t do anything about that.”

“Alex, just shut up.” I scooted closer to him. He gave me a weird look and I started leaning in. I wanted to kiss him again, at least once. Our lips were about to make contact when the doorbell rang and we heard Jack yelling from outside. We jumped at his voice and I hurried to get off of the bed and downstairs to see Jack. I couldn’t kiss Alex! I was so stupid.

“Kit Kat!” Jack yelled when he saw me. I smiled and hugged him. His scent was familiar, but it didn’t have that welcoming feeling to it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jack’s hugs and for a teenage boy he does smell decent enough, but he just wasn’t…Alex. Jack hugged me tightly. “How are you doing?” He asked with concern.

“As well as any teenager who just lost their mother would be doing.” I said, my happy smile now replaced with a sad one. A few moments ago I had forgotten what happened to her. Alex was the one to make me forget and now Jack was bringing back all the pain that never really left. I missed my mother so much that I just wanted to curl up and sleep for the next fifty years. “I really miss her, but I guess it was her time.” I needed to try being positive. I couldn’t go back to my old ways whenever something bad happened in my life.

When my grandma had died, I was thirteen. She was the closest family I had besides my mom and after I heard the news I stopped caring about my health. I went back into my eating disorder because whenever I ate I just felt sick and I would just puke it all up. I started cutting myself again, after being clean for nearly a year. I didn’t come out of my room for days and it took three months before I finally did.

“That’s a really good way of thinking about it, Kat.” Alex said, reaching the last step on the stairs. “I think your mom was right, you are going to be okay.” My heart leaped and I believed him. Alex made me believe that I really was going to be okay.

“That’s right, Kat. You’re a strong girl for someone who has suffered through so much.” Jack smiled at me.

“Thank you guys, so much.” I said, tears forming in my eyes. They smiled at me and I smiled back before Alex spoke again.

“Who wants breakfast? My treat.” Jack nodded, followed by myself nodding hesitantly. How on earth was I going to pay attention to Jack when Alex was going to be sitting with us? I looked at Jack and there was nothing more than a itsy, bitsy spark. I looked back to Alex and bam! My heart raced at seeing his smile and seeing his warm, chocolate brown eyes made me want to throw myself off a cliff. In a good way. Like, if Alex was down at the bottom of that cliff, then I would throw myself off of it to get to him.

“Let’s go!” Jack punched the air and I rolled my eyes.

“I have to get dressed first.” I said, forgetting that I was still in my pajamas. I hurried upstairs and change into some black skinny jeans, a blue shirt and a pair of ankle boots. I rushed to brush my teeth and hair, followed by putting on some eyeliner and mascara. Once I was done and ready, we piled into Alex’s car and drove off to the breakfast diner in downtown Baltimore.

Upon arrival, I saw Aaron’s car. I suddenly didn’t have an appetite. Now, I have gotten over Aaron, but I wasn’t over the fact that he cheated on me. It made me feel like everything had been a lie and like he never actually liked me, but felt sorry for me. I was beginning to wonder if that whole story with his sister was true or not. We walked into the diner and I was hoping Aaron wouldn’t see me, or that I wouldn’t see him.

“Katherine?” I heard his voice and stopped. I looked to the right and there was Aaron in a booth. I could feel Alex and Jack tense up beside me and even though Alex hadn’t known for a while, he found out what Aaron had did.

“Hey,” I said, walking up slowly to his booth. Once I was in front of it, I could see the girl perfectly. She had dirty blonde hair like I did, but hers was lighter. She had blue eyes and was wearing little to no makeup. I felt like I had seen her somewhere before and it wasn’t school because this girl was not Casey. “Is this your girlfriend or is she just a playtoy like I was?” the girl gave me a rude glare and I ignored it.

“That’s my sister.” Aaron said and my mouth dropped.

“What did you just say?”

“She’s my sister.”

“So that whole time, she’s been alive? What, was that whole ‘my sister was raped’ story just a lie? Just a scheme to make me feel bad for you?” I was furiated. He had lied to me this whole time. Alex was right since the very beginning that he was no good.

“Yeah, Katherine. I lied.” Aaron let out a laugh. “You were so naive, you know? I just can’t believe you fell for that.”

“You’re such a fucking asshole, Aaron.”

“And you’re a fucking tease, Katherine. You took forever and day to actually let me get to second base and then you wouldn’t even let me fuck you.”

“What the fuck did you just say?” I heard Alex say. Alex? Why wasn’t it Jack?

“I said that she didn’t let me fuck her. I was just going to fuck her and leave but she took forever to just get somewhere.”

“That’s because she can’t trust anyone easily, let alone trust someone with her fucking body.” Ah, there was Jack. “She told you everything that happened to her, and you expect her to just open up to you and let you touch her?” Aaron laughed.

“Of course, I mean she did get fucked by her father so much it just seemed like she’d be easier to get to.” I was about to raise my fist and punch him square in the face, but before I could, Alex stepped in and did the job for me. Everyone around us was already watching the scene and when Alex punched him, we all heard a nasty crack. Some elderly women gasped and mothers were getting their children out of the diner.

“You fucking suck, you know that?” Alex said before turning back around to face Jack and I. I looked at Aaron, who was bleeding from his nose immensely and I almost felt sorry for him. “Let’s get out of here, guys. We’ll eat somewhere else.” Jack and I nodded and followed Alex out of the diner, leaving everyone shocked and Aaron bloody with a more than likely broken nose.
-

We ended up going to Waffle House for breakfast and I was glad to be away from that diner. I was a little surprised that Jack wasn’t the one to punch Aaron, but then again Jack isn’t the fighting type.

“Thanks for punching that douchebag in the face, Lex. I have to say, it was pretty awesome seeing him get what he deserved.” I smiled at Alex and he smiled back.

“Well, I’m willing to beat the shit out of any asshole for you. Just give me the name and I’ll fuck them up.” I laughed and Jack rolled his eyes.

“You know he isn’t joking right, Kat?” Jack said, looking at me. I looked at him with a puzzled look. “In ninth grade, he was the guy who punched Mason Pierce. That ass had been spreading rumors out the ass about me and called me out in front of at least half the grade. That’s when Alex punched the shit out of him.” I was surprised. I knew Alex was more of a fighter than Jack, but I was surprised at how much he cared for his friends.

“Wow, that’s pretty…” I paused, thinking of the right word. “Badass.” I finished. Looking at Alex, I felt that attraction towards him again. He was the definition of perfect with his smile, eyes, hair and personality. He was strong and kind, but he had a dark side like a normal person does. He was taller than me and his body fit perfectly with mine when we kissed and hugged. Shit, I really shouldn’t be thinking about this. Jack was right next to me for crying out loud! I laughed nervously and got up from the booth. “I need to use the restroom.” I said, heading towards the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took three deep breaths. I needed to get myself together. Alex was just a friend, who I just maybe, sort of, kind of liked. Ugh! I was dating his best friend and instead of thinking about Jack I was thinking about Alex. Every since that first kiss, my very first kiss, given to me from Alex, I liked him. I pushed those feelings back in order to be with Aaron. They’ve always been there and now it’s like they reactivated in a way.

“Kat? Kat, let me in.” It was Alex at the door and even though he was quiet, I could hear him. I let him in quickly and shut the door.

“Why are you here? Where’s Jack?” I whispered.

“He’s at the booth. I told him I had to use the restroom too.” Alex shrugged.

“Won’t he be suspicious?”

“Nah, he’s oblivious.” Well, Alex isn’t wrong. Jack hadn’t noticed the way I was looking at Alex. He stepped closer to me and I backed up into the door. I really wanted him to kiss me, but I just wasn’t sure if that was the right thing to do. “I saw how you were looking at me, Kat. What is that about?” I bit my lip. “I mean, if you like me then tell me. If not, then stop looking at me like I’m a science experiment.” I closed the distance between us and looked up at him. Damn his tallness.

“I like you.” I said, standing on my tippy toes. I brought my lips to his and kissed him. He was taken aback at first, but quickly proceeded to kiss me back. He lifted me up like the first time we had ever kissed and I wrapped my legs around him. He pushed me against the door and his kiss became rougher, but passionate at the same time. I licked his bottom lip and he granted entrance. Our tongues danced around in perfect harmony together and I felt like I was on cloud nine.

The kiss ended too soon and I was light headed from the high of it. My knees were weak and my heart was beating 100 miles per hour. I just wanted to keep kissing him, but he put me down and kissed my forehead.

“We should get back to Jack, before he really does suspect something.” Alex breathed, face red. I’m sure mine was too, so I would just play it off to Jack if he noticed.

“I’ll go out first, since I left first.” Alex nodded and I opened the bathroom door. I ran my hand through my hair as I walked back to the booth where Jack still sat.

“Hey, sorry I took so long. Had to you know..” I blushed harder, feeling weird about saying poop in front of him. Jack put his arm around my shoulder after I sat next to him and smiled.

“It’s okay.” He laughed and I smiled. I liked Jack and I wanted to stay with him, but I knew it was wrong if I was cheating on him. I didn’t have the heart to break up with him though.

“Damn, Kat beat me here.” Alex said, sitting across from us. I smiled at him and laughed.

“You’re too slow, Asskarth.” I said. I winked and Alex smiled.

“My girl is just amazingly fast.” Jack laughed.

-

“Is Jack gone?” Alex asked, coming into my room. I nodded. After coming back from the diner, Jack stayed over for a while. I can’t say I was happy, but I can’t say I wasn’t happy. To be honest, I was hoping to have some time to be alone with Alex again.

“He left a few minutes ago.”

“Good.” Alex closed the door and climbed into bed, laying next to me. I put my body over his, so I was sitting in his lap facing him. Jesus Christ, he was cute. I leaned down and kissed him. Okay, yes, I was cheating on Jack. Even though I knew I could help myself, I just couldn’t. It felt like I couldn’t. Everything about Alex and I felt right. Alex deepened the kiss and flipped me over so I was on my back and he was on top. Every kiss was magic and his touch sent mental electricity through my body. I was blinded by it and I couldn’t care at all about if this was wrong. One of his hands wandered to my breasts and he rubbed them over the shirt. He moved his hand further down, to the hem of my shirt and tugged. I broke the kiss and removed the shirt from my body.

He kissed me again, this time kissing my cheek. He kissed down to my neck, then to my breasts. He kissed them over my bra and I really wanted him to take it off. I needed him to. I needed his touch. I sat up just enough for him to unhook my bra and then I laid back down. He pressed his lips to my now bare breasts and kissed each of them twice before taking a nipple into his mouth. His tongue was soft and warm and it set my body on fire on the inside. It felt so amazing and I let out a small moan.

He moved to my other breast and more fire shot through my body. His hand wandered farther south and unhooked my jeans. I wanted him so badly, but I just wasn’t ready for sex. Reluctantly I sat up, pushing him away. I didn’t want to end this, but I just wasn’t ready for anything more.

“I’m sorry, Lex, I just..” I looked away, blushing.

“I understand, Katherine. You aren’t ready.” I smiled at his understanding but frowned after a thought came into mind.

“Alex?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you going to keep sleeping with girls? Since..since I won’t?” I asked.

“Do you want me to keep sleeping with girls? Because if that makes you unhappy, or if it makes you think of me weirdly I won’t.” Alex said, smiling at me.

“Really?”

“Of course, Kat. I want you. If I can have you, then I don’t need them.” Alex was serious and I could tell. I was with Jack, but as far as I was concerned my heart was Alex’s.

“Thank you, Alex.” I smiled.

“I just have one question.”

“What is it?”

“What are we, Katherine? What is this?” He looked at me and I couldn’t even think right. I liked Jack and I wanted to be with him, but at the same time there wasn’t a spark with him like there was with Alex. I decided that as long as I had feelings for Jack I would stay with him… with the occasional make out session with his best friend. I was such a horrible person.

“This,” I said. “Is our little secret.” I kissed him and we got lost in each other once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update since I am just blooming with enthusiasm for this story. SO KALEX IS HAPPENING...JUST MIXED WITH JATHERINE (YES I MADE UP A LAME COUPLE NAME FOR JACK AND KAT. IT WAS EITHER JATHERINE OR KACK) . Thank you for subscribing and reading and i love all of you whether you comment or don't. Thank you so much!
Katherine's Outfit
-
Shout out to my first commenter!
Nanook