Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

Meet Me On Thames Street

The morning following the luxurious night, I was woken up by Alex getting out of bed. I smiled to myself and pretended to still be asleep. I was over the moon with happiness right now. Alex and I slept together last night, and even though I was scared to say those three words, he had said them back. I love you. Was this even real right now? It had to be, considering I’m in Alex’s bed naked and I’m sure my hair looks like the typical sex hair right now.

“Good morning, Lex.” I yawned and flipped onto my side, propping myself up onto my elbow. I used my other hand to keep the sheets covering me, though I don’t know why. He saw me naked like twelve hours ago. He jumped at my soft spoken voice, not knowing I had woken up.

“Oh my God, Kat,” He whispered. “I didn’t mean to wake you up.” I shook my head and he continued getting dressed.

“Well, you did, but I don’t mind.” I smiled and he finished dressing himself. He came back to his bed and sat down next to where I was laying. He smiled at me and leaned down to kiss my forehead.

“You should probably go get dressed, Kitty Kat. Jack’s going to be here any minute.” I groaned. It completely slipped my mind, with everything that had happened. Jack, Alex, Rian, Zack, Kara and I had arranged to get together for breakfast since it was Alex’s birthday today. I forced myself to get up from his bed and I put on a shirt I found on the floor.

“I’ll meet you downstairs?” I said, and he nodded. I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Happy birthday, Alex. I love you.”

“I love you too, Katherine.” He kissed me and as much as I just wanted to let myself sink back into bed with him, I knew I couldn’t. I pulled away and headed back to my own room; cautious of any witnesses. The hallway was clear so I sprinted those two feet into my room and shut the door. I didn’t hurry with getting ready, but I wasn’t slacking on it either. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a black sweater. I decided on my lace up boots for my footwear and I hurried to put on some make-up in front of my closest door mirror.

“Happy birthday you fucktard!” I heard Jack yell as I came down the stairs. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room where the two idiots were.

“That’s such a nice thing to say to your best friend.” I say, walking over to hug Jack. He hugged me back tightly and I was engulfed in his familiar scent. He wasn’t Alex, but there was a little comfort in his familiarity. When Jack leaned in to kiss me, I pecked his lips but pulled away quickly. I felt nothing. No butterflies like I felt in the beginning. Nothing. He looked at me with a confused face and I hurried to make an excuse.

“I just don’t want to be all mushy in front of the birthday boy. It’s about him, today. Not us.” I said, trying to keep my voice in control. My voice tends to become higher pitched when I lie, so I needed to stay at my normal frequency. “When are Rian and the others getting here?” I said, changing the subject. I glanced at Alex and his eyes held relief that I had changed the subject. We knew what we were doing was horrible and that we were betraying Jack in the worst ways possible, but we couldn’t just up and tell him what happened last night and for the past few weeks.

“Rian said Kara and him would be here in ten minutes and Zack is on his way now.” Jack said, checking his phone. “Zack texted me before getting in his car, so don’t worry about him texting and driving.” I rolled my eyes. I knew Zack was smart enough not to do that so I wasn’t worried about it. Rian must have texted Jack a couple minutes ago, so I wasn’t worried about him either.

“Well, I’m starving so I’m getting a poptart to hold my stomach in place.” I laughed and walked to the kitchen. I sat on the counter as I munched on my poptart and Alex and Jack started fighting with spatulas. I swear these two were like five year olds together. Jack was maybe eight by himself, but together with Alex it’s like they need a babysitter. Usually, though, it’s Rian, Zack or me watching over them. Which is sad, considering Jack is my boyfriend.

“Happy birthday Alex!” Rian said, barging in.

“Don’t you people knock?” Alex laughed.

“Nope! Happy birthday Asskarth!” Zack said, following Rian and Kara following after.

“Kara! Thank goodness you’re here. I don’t know if I could stand these four without another girl around.” I said, walking over to hug her. I have only known Kara for a few months, but we were as close as the guys and I were. Thank God for Kara, because I seriously do not think I would remain sane with just these four idiots as my friends.

“Yeah, I understand. I’m surprised I haven’t gone insane by now. I’ve been dating Rian since last year, and I have no clue as to how I’m still sane.” Kara laughed as she hugged me back. I smiled and turned to Alex.

“You ready for the best day ever?” I yelled and he nodded.

“Fuck yeah! Let’s go!” We all laughed at his enthusiasm, because it was so contagious. Alex just had that power to him. Whenever someone was sad, he was able to make them happy. It’s the same with Jack. Whenever those two were together, they just brought smiles to everyone’s faces. Today, Alex was beaming with joy and happiness and glee. It was like he was a new person. A part of me hoped that it was because of me.

-

Fifteen minutes later, we piled into our usual breakfast diner. Luckily we all fit into a booth, three on each side. Jack and Alex sat with me, while Rian, Zack and Kara sat together across from us.

“You know what I’ve noticed?” Rian asked, after we ordered our drinks. We looked at him, waiting for him to continue. “Katherine has yet to come to one of our band practices.” Shit. I had purposely been avoiding the practices because of Alex and Jack. I was busted now.

“Yeah, that’s right.” Jack said, looking at me. “Why haven’t you Kit Kat? You said you would.” I could feel Alex’s eyes locked on me and I was starting to panic. I did my best to speak calmly and not make it seem like I was lying.

“Oh, I just don’t want to distract you, Jack.” I said, lying straight through my teeth.

“You won’t distract me, Katherine. You haven’t seen me when I’m in the zone.” I rolled my eyes.

“You should really come to the next one, Kat.” Kara said, smiling. “It’s a lot of fun to see these goofs practice.” Everyone was looking at me, expecting an answer and I realized I had no choice.

“Fine, you guys broke me. I’ll go.” I gave in and smiled. The boys and Kara cheered and I rolled my eyes once again. A few minutes later, our waiter came and took our orders. By the time our food got to the table, somehow we ended up discussing how Alex went on a rampage in a banana suit.

Wait, what?” I asked, laughing.

“I swear! He was so shitfaced that he ended up going on a rampage at the party. He kept screaming ‘I’m a mothafuckin’ banana bitches!’ while breaking like, everything in the house.” Jack laughed, tears coming to his eyes.

“That was the best Halloween ever.” Alex said, reminiscing. “I also got laid that night which was pretty amazing.” I stopped laughing almost immediately. I hated when Alex talked about this stuff, because it made me feel like I was just another toy. “I just can’t remember who it was though.”

“I think it was Lisa, dude.” Rian said. I wanted to vomit. I already hated Lisa, but hearing that just made me want to gag. Lisa was poison to Alex’s and I’s conversations, so we never mention her.

“Yeah, let’s not talk about that anymore.” Alex laughed. I smiled and raised my cup.

“I want to make a toast.” I said, and everyone nodded, raising their cups as well. “Alex, I’ve already given you one toast at dinner last night but I wanted to make another one since we are with our best friends today. I just want to say, I’m so glad to have met you, and like I said last night, I’m so glad I was introduced to a social world and these amazing people. Rian, Kara, Zack..” I trailed off and smiled at Jack. I was faking it, but I was convincing at least. “And Jack. Because of Alex, I met the most hilarious and charming guy who is now my boyfriend.” Jack kissed my cheek and I kept the plastic smile on my face. “Like last night, I also want to thank you again for everything that you have done for me. You have given me a family and a home. You gave me friends and loved ones. You were there for me when no one else was, and you were my first friend in years. I can’t thank you enough, Alex.” I was nearly in tears so I wrapped it up. “Here’s to a great day. Happy birthday, Alex. I love you.” I smiled, a tear falling. “We all love you so much.”

“Oh, Kat, come here you goof.” Alex said, giving me a side hug. I tried my best not to lean into him but since I was crying, I used it as an excuse. I savored the moment because it ended just a few seconds later. The second I was out of Alex’s arms, I was pulled into Jack’s. He kissed my head and smiled.

“To Alex!” Jack cheered.

“To Alex!”

-

When we returned to Alex’s after breakfast, Zack, Rian and Kara decided to go home until the party. Jack stayed, to my dismay. I was hoping for some more alone time with Alex before his party, but I guess that wasn’t happening. I was about to give up on having any time alone with Alex, but then an idea came to my mind.

“Jack, I’m going to use the bathroom. I’ll be back in a minute.” I said. He nodded and I rushed upstairs to the bathroom. Once inside and the door closed, I pulled out my phone and texted Alex.

We need to get Jack out of here at some point. I need to kiss you.

I tapped my foot, waiting impatiently for Alex’s reply. A minute later, my phone beeped.

I’ll go somewhere with Jack and then drop him off at home. Meet on Thames Street at 3?

I smiled to myself and quickly texted back saying I’ll be there. I went back downstairs and greeted the boys. “Hey, guys. I think I’m going to nap for a bit. Can’t crash on Alex’s party at an early hour or else it won’t be any fun.” I laughed and Jack nodded.

“Okay. Alex and I are going out for a while, so I’ll see you later tonight.” He kissed my forehead and I smiled at him before sneaking a glance at Alex. I could see the mischievous look in his eyes as if he was a child trying to sneak a cookie in before dinner.

“I’ll miss you.” I lied as I walked with Jack and Alex to the door.

“I’ll miss you too, Kit Kat.” He smiled and hugged me once more before leaving with Alex. Once I shut the door, I ran up to my room and started looking through all of my clothes. I needed to wear something perfect for my secret date with Alex. I picked out a salmon colored dress and my brown lace up boots. It was simple, but very cute. Being satisfied with my choice, I sat down in front of my closet mirror and put on some simple make up like I usually do. When I was done, I checked my clock and saw that only a few minutes had passed. I groaned and decided to lay down for a bit.

I wonder if Alex really does love me. I could just be another one of his fuck buddies. Though, I didn’t want to believe it. He was always with me and when we weren’t alone he was with our friends. I hoped that last night meant something to him and that it wasn’t just sex with another girl. The way I felt about Alex blew my own mind. I loved him like I had loved him my whole life. I loved him like I had in previous lives; well, assuming we had lives before this one. My feelings were just so strong for him, that I wanted to just jump into his arms and never leave. There was just one problem.

Jack. I loved Jack as well, but it was more like a brotherly love now. I felt so horrible for leading him on, but I didn’t have the heart to break up with him. He was so sweet, he doesn’t deserve what I’m doing to him. I rolled onto my stomach and sighed into my pillow. Why was this so complicated? Why couldn’t I just end it? I’m too nice of a person. I layed there for a few more minutes before getting up and, ironically, got ready for my secret date.

It only took me about half an hour before I reached Thames Street. I had walked because I don’t have a car and its not like it was that far anyway. I checked my phone for the time and saw that it was 2:50. Alex should be here at any moment. I loitered around the area for a bit but stayed close to the corner of South Broadway and Thames. When I finally got bored enough to check my phone again, my vision suddenly turned to black. A pair of hands covered my eyes but I could tell who’s they were.

“Guess who?” A voice said in my ear. I smiled and pulled Alex’s hands away from my face. He put his arms around me and I welcomed them.

“Hi, Alex.” I laughed. I turned around and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. All of our friends were at home as far as we knew, but I still kept it quick just in case. If anything, I could just say it was my way of greeting people. “I missed you.” This time, I wasn’t lying.

“I missed you more.” He looked around quickly before kissing my lips. “Let’s go the park.” He said, intertwining his fingers with mine. I nodded and we made our way to the park just a few blocks over. I was surprised at what I saw.

“Alex, did you do this?” I asked, even though the answer was completely obvious. There was a blanket laying in the grass, and a basket on top of it.

“Yeah,” he said, leading me to the blanket. We sat down and he smiled at me. “I thought it’d be nice to have a little lunch together.” He opened the basket and pulled out two plastic cups, two paper plates, a half gallon of orange juice, four sandwiches and a bowl of mixed fruit. I gaped at him.

“You did all of this for us? When did you find the time to?” I was in shock.

“I went to the store right before I met up with you and got all of this. The sandwiches are roast beef with swiss cheese and lettuce. The bowl of fruit contains strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, pineapple, melon and blackberries. The drink is obviously orange juice.” He smiled, seeming proud of himself. “Do you like it?”

“I love it.” I blushed. He handed me a plate and two of the sandwiches. I graciously took a bite out of one and nearly died of how delicious it was. Okay, maybe I didn’t nearly die, but it was so tasty. “These are so good! Where did you get them Lex?”

“I got them at the sandwich shop down on South Broadway. They make the best subs.” He laughed. I smiled and took another bite. I finished both of my sandwiches before Alex finished his and since I hadn’t had a drink yet, I was beyond thirsty. I poured some orange juice and within ten seconds my cup my empty. “You must have been hungry.” Alex chuckled. I rolled my eyes and flicked him off. I grabbed a plastic fork and started eating some of the fruit. I was so full but I love fruit so I just kept eating anyway.

“I love watermelon so much.” I said after eating a chunk of the most delicious and juiciest watermelon.

“Well now I know your favorite fruit.” Alex said, stabbing a strawberry with his fork.

“That’s not my favorite fruit.” I said, also stabbing a strawberry.

“Then what is?”

“Raspberries.” I smiled.

“Those are delicious. Mine has to be kiwi.” Alex smiled back. We ate the fruit in silence until we were finished. I looked at my phone and the time read 5:30.

“We should get back so we can get ready for your party.” I said, standing up. Alex nodded and put all the things away into the basket. Grabbing the handle, he stood up and smiled down at me.

“I just want to kiss you before we do.” He said, leaning down. I welcomed the kiss and loved every second of it. I cherished the moment because I didn’t know when I was going to kiss him again. I pulled away after a few seconds though, because it felt as if someone was watching. It was probably just my paranoia, but boy was I wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOD i'm so sorry for updating so late. I started working on it but kept getting distracted or my head started hurting and I got light headed a lot. I have no idea what's been going on. But here it is. This is mostly a filler chapter. I ALREADY HAVE IDEAS FOR THE SEQUEL SO YES THERE WILL BE ONE. I have big plans. big, dramatic plans. I know the chapter sucks but I swear the next one will be better.
Who do you think was watching them? Jack? Lisa? maybe Rian, Kara or Zack? who knows. we'll find out next chapter.
Katherine's Breakfast Outfit
Katherine's Secret Date Outfit